Salma Hayek: "HARVEY WEINSTEIN IS MY MONSTER"

Major Blood

Rookie
"I brainwashed myself into thinking it was over and I survived..."

"In his eyes, I was not an artist. I wasn’t even a person. I was a thing: not a nobody, but a body..."
"This fall, I was approached by reporters, through different sources, including my dear friend Ashley Judd, to speak about an episode in my life that, although painful, I thought I had made peace with...

"In reality, I was trying to save myself the challenge of explaining several things to my loved ones: Why, when I had casually mentioned that I had been bullied like many others by Harvey, I had excluded a couple of details:

"The deal we made initially was that Harvey would pay for the rights of work I had already developed...
In my naivete, I thought my dream had come true. He had validated the last 14 years of my life. He had taken a chance on me — a nobody. He had said yes. Little did I know it would become my turn to say no...
  • "No to me taking a shower with him.
  • No to letting him watch me take a shower.
  • No to letting him give me a massage.
  • No to letting a naked friend of his give me a massage.
  • No to letting him give me oral sex.
  • No to my getting naked with another woman.
  • No, no, no, no, no.
"And with every refusal came Harvey’s Machiavellian rage. I don't think he hated anything more than the word 'no'... The range of his persuasion tactics went from sweet-talking me to that one time when, in an attack of fury, he said the terrifying words, 'I will kill you, don't think I can't'

"Knowing what I know now, I wonder if it wasn’t my friendship with them — and Quentin Tarantino and George Clooney — that saved me from being raped."