Sad

Dtrizzle2091

Rookie
Went to the mall for a little Christmas shopping with my hubby tonight. So devastating to see a mall we had so many good family memories at completely decimated. It was booming with business before COVID. These are the times when it hits me just how many people are suffering from a virus that is literally equivalent to the flu. (I work in COVIDland as a nurse. I treat the patients. This is literally a flu). I’m absolutely flabbergasted that this shit is still going on. And also infuriated that the only way my children will ever live a “pre Covid” life again is if I inject them with this vaccine that has been developed in...less than a year? (WTF?! This is not how virology/immunology works.)

sorry. Just needed to
Vent. Feel free to vent too

Daze

Superstar
They say it will last a few years, others sources have said 5 years (till 2025). Expect it to continue until alot of people get up and say no.
Sad truth is we could end it tomorrow if people just stopped complying.

However, these are "conspiracy boards" and there are actually a few people who are 100% on board with the official narrative. So don't expect "alot" of people to actually push back anytime soon. Many, many are just.. comatose.

Sunshine

Established
Idk how much longer this lock-down nonsense is going to last. I see a lot of people posting that they are fed up and aren't going to give up spending their holidays with extended family and friends, despite exhortations from the politicians to do so. The Covidiots are actually being drowned out this time around. (That's my word for the people who wallow in the drama of the "pandemic" and scream at people online for wanting to go outside their houses and do actual life stuff.) It's gone from "You're killing Grandma" to "I want my turkey and my shopping spree" pretty fast. At least in America. Lol!

How is it in other parts of the world? Are people willing to give up having a real Christmas/Hannukah/Solstice celebration and stay hunkered down inside like every other day of this year? I hope not. I hope every one of you spends at least a few days this winter with people you love, people you've missed, and people that make you feel blessed.

Maes17

Superstar
Went to the mall for a little Christmas shopping with my hubby tonight. So devastating to see a mall we had so many good family memories at completely decimated. It was booming with business before COVID. These are the times when it hits me just how many people are suffering from a virus that is literally equivalent to the flu. (I work in COVIDland as a nurse. I treat the patients. This is literally a flu). I’m absolutely flabbergasted that this shit is still going on. And also infuriated that the only way my children will ever live a “pre Covid” life again is if I inject them with this vaccine that has been developed in...less than a year? (WTF?! This is not how virology/immunology works.)

sorry. Just needed to
Shopping malls were dying here pre covid.

I’m more concerned about the vaccines. Brick and mortar businesses will bounce back when society opens because people have realized they hate staying home.

I personally enjoy being home after these past two years of working hours upon hours 6 days week.

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
I plan on going to our local shopping mall this saturday walk the dog, gonna report here then.

As far as I can tell, tough, things here are back to the old normal already.

Cintra

Star
By the time things go back to 'normal' here, it won't be real normal, it will be whatever they tell us normal was.
Because it will be so long we will have forgotten what it was.

Now everyone in Britain is waiting for permission to go to the pub.
And when they get that permission they will call it freedom.
But it won't be that. It will be a long way from that.

Things that were once inalienable rights will become privileges that can be taken away at will.

Dtrizzle2091

Rookie
They say it will last a few years, others sources have said 5 years (till 2025). Expect it to continue until alot of people get up and say no.
Sad truth is we could end it tomorrow if people just stopped complying.

However, these are "conspiracy boards" and there are actually a few people who are 100% on board with the official narrative. So don't expect "alot" of people to actually push back anytime soon. Many, many are just.. comatose.

By the time things go back to 'normal' here, it won't be real normal, it will be whatever they tell us normal was.

Things that were once inalienable rights will become privileges that can be taken away at will.
yes. Perfectly said. How scary is that???! My husbands fav place to eat is the mall food court lol. You should’ve seen his eyes light up last night to see that (some) of his favs were open And that we could sit and eat. But the more we sat and looked around, the more we saw the effect. While it was a “treat” to be able to sit and eat at the food court, the businesses around us were all struggling. Some boarded up. The quiet was eerie. This was a very popular, designer mall before this. Just awful.

Dtrizzle2091

Rookie
I’m also fed up with getting called a “hero”. You would think I liked the attention as a nurse but shit man. We are not in hazmat suits fighting Ebola here we are treating patients with a mediocre respiratory illness at worst. 99.9% of them have COPD, in terrible health already and most of them still survive COVID. If you’ve lost someone to COVID I honestly am so sorry, but chances are they were sick already and if not, they are an outlier.
Not saying nurses aren’t hero’s because we are, but we’ve always been. The culture the media is creating around this COVID narrative is nothing like it actually is inside of the hospitals.

imsickofyoshi

Established
And also infuriated that the only way my children will ever live a “pre Covid” life again is if I inject them with this vaccine that has been developed in...less than a year? (WTF?! This is not how virology/immunology works.)
Hope you're not actually considering it. Old normal not coming back no matter what they say. They had us prepped on that from the beginning.

Dtrizzle2091

Rookie
Hope you're not actually considering it. Old normal not coming back no matter what they say. They had us prepped on that from the beginning.
honestly I don’t know it’s a very tough decision. Do I think the vaccine is just another means of control? Definitely. As a nurse I will have to get it and my husband works for the hospital so he will too. I don’t think that receiving the vaccine will put us in any imminent danger though. So if getting it means my children can go to kindergarten and have friends and relationships then I’ll consider getting it for them.

Daze

Superstar
Thing is the people have the power. They are literally outnumbered 1 to 10,000. I forget where i seen it (maybe Corbett Report) but authority lies with the people. If a court says 5 miles over the limit is speeding and 99% of the community says no, guess what happens to that law?

I think it was Denmark who tried to pass some mandatory vaccine law the other day and guess what happened? Enough gathered at the court house and said no banging pots and pans for 7, 8 days. The bill was scraped because they had no choice.

They MUST have YOUR CONSENT to do anything. When will people realize this? Stop complying, stop rolling over, just say no.

Maes17

Superstar
Thing is the people have the power. They are literally outnumbered 1 to 10,000. I forget where i seen it (maybe Corbett Report) but authority lies with the people. If a court says 5 miles over the limit is speeding and 99% of the community says no, guess what happens to that law?

I think it was Denmark who tried to pass some mandatory vaccine law the other day and guess what happened? Enough gathered at the court house and said no banging pots and pans for 7, 8 days. The bill was scraped because they had no choice.

They MUST have YOUR CONSENT to do anything. When will people realize this? Stop complying, stop rolling over, just say no.
Bringing a bit of politics here but it is our fault as a society.

Our votes should hold power and represent those we elect as leaders.

If we don’t hold them accountable then who is truly to blame?

Dtrizzle2091

Rookie

Interesting

imsickofyoshi

Established
Thing is the people have the power. They are literally outnumbered 1 to 10,000.
I know they can not do any more than we let them. Problem is too many people are saying YES. Myself included, in some cases.
honestly I don’t know it’s a very tough decision. Do I think the vaccine is just another means of control? Definitely. As a nurse I will have to get it and my husband works for the hospital so he will too. I don’t think that receiving the vaccine will put us in any imminent danger though. So if getting it means my children can go to kindergarten and have friends and relationships then I’ll consider getting it for them.
I agree that us aware people have tough decisions to make. I had to make the decision to muzzle up so my kids can have a chance to go to the library as I want to foster a love of reading in them. We better learn where our line is though, or they'll keep on pushing.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar

sorry. Just needed to
Why inject their syringed "solution"... when you can REJECT it? :)

justjess

Superstar
Where the heck do you all live that you are still locked in your homes unable to socialize or go do things? That hasn’t been the case here for months. Went to the mall this weekend and it was the same as ever..: other then masks nothing has changed much. Businesses in this area were always short lived and frequently boarded up. Same old, same old..

Where the heck do you all live that you are still locked in your homes unable to socialize or go do things? That hasn’t been the case here for months. Went to the mall this weekend and it was the same as ever..: other then masks nothing has changed much. Businesses in this area were always short lived and frequently boarded up. Same old, same old..
Washington state you have to quarantine for 14 days before going to a friend or relatives house. And you cant leave the state. Lots of entire countries are in full lockdown. If your life is like that count yourself absolutely lucky

Thunderian

Superstar

“Things used to be normal, but then they changed what normal was. Now what’s normal isn’t normal anymore, and what is normal is scary and weird.”