S1mone.

Karlysymon

Superstar
This is the time of great deception and appearance and reality have become opposed to each other.
Things are not what they appear to be.
I was reminded of this 2002 Al Pacino film a couple weeks ago, while in conversation with someone about Chinese AI news anchors.

A paper about the implications of the film's premise.

Will 2002, the year of Simone, Andrew Niccol's feature film, come to be seen as another pivotal moment - the moment that the power of illusion surpassed that of reality? Will that year of the first "real-or-fake?" feature movie actor be seen as a symbolic bookmark locating the era when we could no longer tell, nor care if we could tell, what is authentic?

DesertRose

Superstar
Will 2002, the year of Simone, Andrew Niccol's feature film, come to be seen as another pivotal moment - the moment that the power of illusion surpassed that of reality? Will that year of the first "real-or-fake?" feature movie actor be seen as a symbolic bookmark locating the era when we could no longer tell, nor care if we could tell, what is authentic?
This could be characterized as an the Dajjalic era or the era of the imposter Christ.
The modus operandi of his minions is to rule by way of deception.
Shaykh Imran Hussein always pointed out that it is an age of deceit wherein appearance is different from reality. God knows best
It will be the age of the Dajjalic state Israel. (Pax Judaica)
Wonder if the covid-19 is the end of US Empire the way the Suez crisis incident lead to the demise of the British Empire.
Events feel like a Hollywood production since 2001 and a few times earlier .....
A journalist I listen to sometimes even said the Khashoggi murder felt like a Hollywood production as well and tbh I dislike the Saudi regime but it is good to keep our thinking caps on when it comes to TPTB.

Last edited:

Sunshine

Established
Sorry to disappoint you, Desert Rose, but no, the COVID-19 will not be the end of the US, its economy, or its "empire." We have endured worse things, and despite everything the PTB throw at us, we always band together and overcome.

As we speak, there are people all over social media giving their thanks and gratitude to the medical professionals, public sector workers and retail workers who are out there every day busting their butts to keep society running smoothly. Putting heart designs up in their windows, giving kids "drive-by birthday parties" so their celebrations aren't lost to "social distancing," and leaving notes and snacks and sanitizer for delivery people who bring goods to their doors. Tomorrow night, there is a plan in circulation for people to put luminaries in their yards as a show of gratitude and solidarity with those mentioned above.

These are little things, to be sure, but they are all concrete evidence that Americans care about each other, we have the will to work together, and we will jump back into back to public life once the "all clear" is given. You can take that to the bank.

Stephania

Star
I was reminded of this 2002 Al Pacino film a couple weeks ago, while in conversation with someone about Chinese AI news anchors.

A paper about the implications of the film's premise.

'She' reminds me of the robot clone that the mad scientist made to replace Maria in Fritz Lang's Metropolis.