Russ says black rappers are weapons of mass destruction to their own people.

pumkinspice

Established
By definition,

"Affirmative action laws are policies instituted by the government to help level the playing field for those historically disadvantaged due to factors such as race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. These laws typically pertain to equal opportunities in employment, education, and business.

In the United States, affirmative action was first created by Executive Order 10925, signed by President John F. Kennedy in 1961. It required that government employers "not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed, color, or national origin." It also required that government employees "take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, creed, color, or national origin.” "

That's from HG.org... I guess affirmative action explains those little legal disclaimers at the beginning and end of a job application stating that whatever your disability, race, sex, etc. you have an equal chance at getting a job. Those laws were probably put in place because at one time, there was a real problem with disadvantaged groups getting equal opportunities to put themselves and their families in a better position in life.

I can see why the "unprotected" classes might feel a way about that, if they see certain jobs are getting overcrowded with nontraditional people. Still, certain jobs are still dominated by certain races (both high and low end jobs)...I can see both sides the argument; I think nowadays it's easy to say affirmative action benefits one race over the other since this particular law was established during a time when such discrimination was more blatant and commonplace. We don't see that law the same way, especially since black people seem to have "come up" from poverty since that time.

Whether it's necessary these days doesn't matter, since LGBT is definitely profiting from this law. And you certainly can't accuse them of benefitting from affirmative action in the same way you can black people.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Totally agree, as a hip hop fan. Not all of it though. But I don’t necessarily agree it’s at the hands of white people all the time
Yup dont forget the Jewish peeps in there as well as the sell-out black boule crowd and etc......