Running away from death..it works!

Lisa

Superstar
Jogger’s Delight: Any Amount Of Running Linked To Significantly Lower Risk Of Death
LONDON — The joggers and runners of the world certainly have reason to smile, according to a new international study. Researchers from Australia, Austria, Finland, and Thailand performed a comprehensive analysis on available evidence, and concluded that any amount of running significantly lowers one’s risk of death from any cause.

If more people all over the world incorporated just a little bit of running into their day-to-day lives, the study’s authors say the global population would see great improvements in both overall health and longevity. To be clear, the research team stress that people don’t have to run particularly far, or even very fast, what’s important is simply engaging in the act.

The researchers say they were motivated to perform the study because of a number of unknowns that still remained in reference to running’s health benefits. For example, it was never clear just how effective running is at preventing cardiovascular disease or cancer, or for that matter, exactly how much running an individual must participate in to reap such benefits.

So, in an effort to try and answer some of these questions, the research team reviewed any available and relevant published research, conference presentations, and doctoral dissertations. Specifically, they looked for studies that had investigated the association between running and subsequent risk of death from all causes, cancer, or cardiovascular issues.

Lisa

Superstar
Now you can walk away from death too!

Seniors Who Walk For 30 Minutes Daily Cut Risk Of Death From Any Cause
PHOENIX — Two new studies are adding to the growing consensus in the medical community that staying active is perhaps the best way for older adults to live longer and stay happy and healthy well into their golden years. Best of all, no one is telling grandma or grandpa to hit the bench press; simple, leisurely activities like walking are enough to promote strong health in old age.
First of all, researchers noted that older adults were 67% less likely to die of any cause if they were at least moderately physically active for a minimum of 150 minutes each week. Additionally, a second study found that older women (average age of 79) were 38% less likely to die from a heart attack, heart failure, stroke, etc if they were consistently walking 2,100 to 4,500 steps each day.

Tidal

Star
"leisurely activities like walking are enough to promote strong health in old age"

Oh yeah, and get hit by a meteor?
"It's a dangerous business going out your door"- Bilbo Baggins

Lisa

Superstar
"leisurely activities like walking are enough to promote strong health in old age"

Oh yeah, and get hit by a meteor?
"It's a dangerous business going out your door"- Bilbo Baggins
How many meteors have you got hit with? ;)

Tidal

Star
How many meteors have you got hit with? ;)
None yet, but never say never.. :D
Anyway a near miss would be bad enough, I live in Plymouth only 50 yards from the Atlantic (my flat circled below) so if a meteor splashes down out there a tsunami could trash me, but luckily I live on the 3rd floor so hopefully my feet will stay dry-

Lisa

Superstar
None yet, but never say never.. :D
Anyway a near miss would be bad enough, I live in Plymouth only 50 yards from the Atlantic (my flat circled below) so if a meteor splashes down out there a tsunami could trash me, but luckily I live on the 3rd floor so hopefully my feet will stay dry-

You’ve got a great view! I don’t think you have too many meteors to worry about.

Maes17

Superstar
Thanks Lisa! I'm goin for a run or jog! Sadly the chemtrails are blasted today but what can we do!
I'm still going to enjoy the fresh air (even though it ain't fresh anymore) while getting my WO on!
Just enjoy yourself.
Don’t worry about anything.