Round-earthers

So apparently the round-earthers don't think the earth is flat...

as it turns out,

the round earthers believe in a round earth. I am doing research for a possible documentary on round-earthers and am also studying round-earther culture as an anthropologist.

I am wondering.... how many of you are round-earthers? And what proof do you have for round-earth theory?

Have you suffered persecution for being a round-earther and do you think we should be doing more to protect round-earthers?

Undertaker

Established
How can anyone unironically believe this?
https://www.livescience.com/24310-flat-earth-belief.html
Furthermore, Earth's gravity is an illusion, they say. Objects do not accelerate downward; instead, the disc of Earth accelerates upward at 32 feet per second squared (9.8 meters per second squared), driven up by a mysterious force called dark energy. Currently, there is disagreement among flat-earthers about whether or not Einstein's theory of relativity permits Earth to accelerate upward indefinitely without the planet eventually surpassing the speed of light. (Einstein's laws apparently still hold in this alternate version of reality.)

As for what lies underneath the disc of Earth, this is unknown, but most flat-earthers believe it is composed of "rocks." [Religion and Science: 6 Visions of Earth's Core]

Then, there's the conspiracy theory: Flat-earthers believe photos of the globe are photoshopped; GPS devices are rigged to make airplane pilots think they are flying in straight lines around a sphere when they are actually flying in circles above a disc. The motive for world governments' concealment of the true shape of the Earth has not been ascertained, but flat-earthers believe it is probably financial. "In a nutshell, it would logically cost much less to fake a space program than to actually have one, so those in on the Conspiracy profit from the funding NASA and other space agencies receive from the government," the flat-earther website's FAQ page explains.

I think we need to take a balanced and moderate approach on the issue

There are some hills I have seen. They most definitely have a round quality. But also I've seen some flat areas.

In fact, a source has informed me that there are many "flats" across the UK. I'm not sure the round-earth fundamentalists can quite explain why there's so many flats in the Britain if the earth is round. A lot of witnesses have seen these flats and I don't think they can be dismissed as just another conspiracy theory.

But there are places with more hills and mountains and I can see that these parts of the earth are more round.

I consider and enjoy all kinds of conspiracy theories but "flat earth" .. is verrry ridiculous even to me. I wonder why don't flat earthers travel to the "edge", document and snap a few pics to try and prove it that way hah

I consider and enjoy all kinds of conspiracy theories but "flat earth" .. is verrry ridiculous even to me. I wonder why don't flat earthers travel to the "edge", document and snap a few pics to try and prove it that way hah
So you want someone to risk their life to prove a theory? Easy for you, sitting on your chair, to tell someone go to the edge and take pictures. Does your sense tell you the earth is rotating at 1000mph and orbitting at 70,000mph? Or do you go outside and everything is stable? If the earth is rotating and orbiting at such speed, I'd assume at least a few pilot mis-landing the aircraft, none so far from my understanding.

How about show some evidences for round earth? Show me a ball with water surround it.

Last edited:

llleopard

Established
Having been brought up as a round earth-tard I accepted it as gospel truth...just now I attempted to find pictorial proof to convince you, but instead was confronted with the truth. How we have been misled!
Flat-Earth.jpg

Having been brought up as a round earth-tard I accepted it as gospel truth...just now I attempted to find pictorial proof to convince you, but instead was confronted with the truth. How we have been misled!
View attachment 999
I admire your courage.

I hope that God gives you the strength to tell your family.

It is terrible to see where round-earth fundamentalism is taking society.

So you want someone to risk their life to prove a theory? Easy for you, sitting on your chair, to tell someone go to the edge and take pictures. Does your sense tell you the earth is rotating at 1000mph and orbitting at 70,000mph? Or do you go outside and everything is stable? If the earth is rotating and orbiting at such speed, I'd assume at least a few pilot mis-landing the aircraft, none so far from my understanding.

How about show some evidences for round earth? Show me a ball with water surround it.
Where are the edges of the earth located?

I am not saying we should risk lives. However... with technology, we may be able to send a robot.

Do you ever feel marginalized for being a round-earther? Are there many round-earthers where you live? Or it is more a fringe theory?