Roseanne cancellation was planned all along

williejonesjr

Veteran
So, Roseanne's reboot was cancelled yesterday.
They were just starting work on the second season, when Roseanne made a racist tweet, or not, depending on who you ask.
Wanda Sykes, head writer on the reboot, lead the charge by first quitting. Execs then cancelled the entire show, leaving a lot of people who just got a fresh new paycheck unemployed.

I think it was probably planned from the beginning, the way the Towers were built to be destroyed. She signed on knowing that it wouldn't last. It was probably part of the deal. Make a quick buck, deepen the racial divide. I don't think she wanted a second season. She's not a hard worker, she hasn't worked in 20 years! She made a deal to be a fall guy, she played her part, and will probably real even bigger rewards for doing her bosses bidding.

Of course, she's doing the Hillary thing and blaming everyone from Ambian to Zumba class for her "idiot" tweet.

What do you think? Was this staged, planned, or set up?
Or is her Ambian making her a racist?

Bacsi

Star
They were just starting work on the second season, when Roseanne made a racist tweet, or not, depending on who you ask.
Wanda Sykes, head writer on the reboot, lead the charge by first quitting. Execs then cancelled the entire show, leaving a lot of people who just got a fresh new paycheck unemployed.

I think it was probably planned from the beginning, the way the Towers were built to be destroyed. She signed on knowing that it wouldn't last. It was probably part of the deal. Make a quick buck, deepen the racial divide. I don't think she wanted a second season. She's not a hard worker, she hasn't worked in 20 years! She made a deal to be a fall guy, she played her part, and will probably real even bigger rewards for doing her bosses bidding.

Of course, she's doing the Hillary thing and blaming everyone from Ambian to Zumba class for her "idiot" tweet.

Interesting! I didn't think about such possibility.

Helioform

Star
I don't think it was planned. She is a nutjob. She has a history of saying things like this as well. She espouses the usual right wing conspiracy theories involving Soros, calling him a Nazi, calling Israelians Nazis and before that she called Palestinians Nazis. She is off her rocker big time.

justjess

Superstar
Ambient is like being high and drunk, it can’t make you say things you don’t think but it can loosen your inhibitions to say things you would otherwise keep to yourself.

However, she’s been saying shit like that for years so she’s just looking to blame something when she should just blame herself.

No don’t think it was planned.

williejonesjr

Veteran
I don't think it was planned. She is a nutjob. She has a history of saying things like this as well. She espouses the usual right wing conspiracy theories involving Soros, calling him a Nazi, calling Israelians Nazis and before that she called Palestinians Nazis. She is off her rocker big time.
Yep, and a Trump supporter. Allegedly.
If his supporters are this ignorant, well..
I'll go another step further and say this has to do with bringing Trump down, as well.
All part of a plan.

williejonesjr

Veteran
Ambient is like being high and drunk, it can’t make you say things you don’t think but it can loosen your inhibitions to say things you would otherwise keep to yourself.

However, she’s been saying shit like that for years so she’s just looking to blame something when she should just blame herself.

No don’t think it was planned.
I just don't believe in happy accidents or coincidence, especially in the realm of politics and entertainment.

Tikawanda

Established
I think it's a bit rich to credit a show like Roseanne for causing a racial divide when race relations in general haven't exactly been sturdy recently to begin with.

justjess

Superstar
Bring down trump? No, I really don’t think so. Did you see the way that show portrayed LIBERALS? It was insulting to say the least. Roseanne loves trump and always has, she’s also always been a big mouthed nut job asshole. The only question is why any network thought it was a good idea to give her back a show... the answer to which is most likely they thought they could tame her and capitalize and profit off of the trump voter demographic who would watch the show and the controversy (I also watched a few episodes and clearly not in that demographic), they just were betting on her being able to dial down her bullshit and she wasn’t able to. No big loss for them, they brought in tons of money off the one season anyway.

mecca

Superstar
I used to watch reruns of the old version of the Roseanne show and it was much better than the new version. The old version of her character did not seem like a racist but I guess she decided to make the new version more like her actual self. I don't get why ABC would even bring the show back given Roseanne's racist history, and I definitely don't think that giving the show a political slant was a good idea.

elsbet

Superstar
Yep, and a Trump supporter. Allegedly.
If his supporters are this ignorant, well..
I'll go another step further and say this has to do with bringing Trump down, as well.
All part of a plan.
Wanda Sykes is a mega-liberal. She wouldn't support the Right... you're probably on to something with this. Engineered to keep the divide going and make classical conservatives look like nutjobs.

rainerann

Star
Honestly, I think she got on the Q-train that is abuzz on Twitter. I don't know if you could say that this Q-thing is engineered or not with all the #TrustThePlan stuff. I am not sold on the whole Q-thing being legit, but a lot of people seem to be onboard, and I think Roseanne decided to openly jump on the train. So, if this is engineered, I don't think it is engineered to support a racial divide because if the Q-thing is engineered, it is being engineered to rally up the conspiratorial crowd to following Q like the pied piper.

TonyVanDam

Established

Roseanne was definitely in the wrong for the racist tweet, which confirms the absolute fact that she is a white racist and a believer in white supremacy. And to make matters worse, this incident is not the first time that she made racially insensitive remarks.

I also like to add that Roseanne is a total fake. Remember, during the 1980's & 1990's, she was left-wing progressive and a definitely Hillary Clinton mark [at least before finding out that Hillary is a corporate pawn]. And now all of the sudden in 2017-18, we all suppose to believe that Roseanne AND President Donald Trump were each others' best supporters since day one?!? Excuse me, but Roseanne can give the hell on out of here with that nonsense.

Aero

Superstar
It's kind of like Roseanne thought of the top 10 things not to ever say. And then said them all.

I get super annoyed when public figures talk about Mk Ultra. Like what the fuck are you going to do about it big shot? As if a drive by tweet about a secret torture program is in any way beneficial. So if you ask me that's what really did her in. She dove right into the woodchipper.

Also if she loved Trump so much. She wouldn't say anything that would bite him in the ass. I don't think anyone even thought about taming Roseanne. They wanted a lose cannon and that's what they got.

Devine

Star
willie this is EXACTLY what i was thinking total setup something is very fishy here...i think they MK'd her ;)

rainerann

Star
Roseanne was definitely in the wrong for the racist tweet, which confirms the absolute fact that she is a white racist and a believer in white supremacy. And to make matters worse, this incident is not the first time that she made racially insensitive remarks.

I also like to add that Roseanne is a total fake. Remember, during the 1980's & 1990's, she was left-wing progressive and a definitely Hillary Clinton mark [at least before finding out that Hillary is a corporate pawn]. And now all of the sudden in 2017-18, we all suppose to believe that Roseanne AND President Donald Trump were each others' best supporters since day one?!? Excuse me, but Roseanne can give the hell on out of here with that nonsense.
She is actually like full-blooded Jew. Not that I am trying to say she is a racist Jew because I didn't see the comment as racist, but still. She is not a white racist.