Roe V. Wade To be overturned

elsbet

Superstar
Hmm...

According to an Initial Draft majority opinion...​

No draft decision in the modern history of the court has been disclosed publicly while a case was still pending.​
The unprecedented revelation is bound to intensify the debate over what was already the most controversial case on the docket this term.​

It was planned that way, I'm sure.

All this shit stirring in order to...

"... return the issue of
abortion to the people’s
elected representatives."​
Big whoop.
Women with legitimate medical issues are already affected by the existing state laws.

I doubt much, if anything, will change as far as actual abortion is concerned-- 'tis sacrosanct.

Justices can and sometimes do change their votes as draft opinions circulate and major decisions can be subject to multiple drafts and vote-trading, sometimes until just days before a decision is unveiled. The court’s holding will not be final until it is published,​

They are either screwing the system up one side, or distracting us while screwing it down the other.

jaded/over it

:p

Rufus McKenzie

Established
Hmm...

According to an Initial Draft majority opinion...​

No draft decision in the modern history of the court has been disclosed publicly while a case was still pending.​
The unprecedented revelation is bound to intensify the debate over what was already the most controversial case on the docket this term.​

It was planned that way, I'm sure.

All this shit stirring in order to...

"... return the issue of
abortion to the people’s
elected representatives."​
Big whoop.
Women with legitimate medical issues are already affected by the existing state laws.

I doubt much, if anything, will change as far as actual abortion is concerned-- 'tis sacrosanct.

Justices can and sometimes do change their votes as draft opinions circulate and major decisions can be subject to multiple drafts and vote-trading, sometimes until just days before a decision is unveiled. The court’s holding will not be final until it is published,​

They are either screwing the system up one side, or distracting us while screwing it down the other.

jaded/over it

:p
I think it’s so they can go after the leak while they change the law.

It’s not good news for Republicans though, 70% of the US opposes this and it’s the kind of thing that motivates voters. Even with inflation the mid term elections just got more interesting. Expect democrats to fire up their base with this.

Rufus McKenzie

Established

Karlysymon

Superstar
There actually were articles from last year and beyond that anticipated that it would be overturned. So why is any of this a surprise? We are slowly but surely descending into a world of “Children of Men”. Of what use would Roe v Wade be in a world where people have been rendered incapable of procreation or reproduction? To say nothing of the cascading financial/economic situation that’s going to be even more of a “baby bust(er)” that the crash of 2008 was. I hazard there’s going to more people getting vasectomies, hysterectomies or tube-tying.

So, to me, against the background of the aforementioned, this is just a power play. “Someone” is playing mind games here. Probably many people in the street screaming about “their right” have taken the vaxx and “that right” is effectively loooong gone! They’ll never be able to conceive again. I’ve been poring over constitution-related material lately and this is certainly a stage-setting event for more “conservative” rulings that will have huge implications.
As the vaxx was rolled out, MSM was kind enough to let us know that...

1651688648520.png

Is it?? Think bigger……iam not going to be surprised at all if this quickly feeds into “We need a Constitutional Convention(Con-Con) ASAP”. As I mentioned above, this stuff is waiting in the wings awaiting a super energizing “crisis” such as this.

Rufus McKenzie

Established
There actually were articles from last year and beyond that anticipated that it would be overturned. So why is any of this a surprise? We are slowly but surely descending into a world of “Children of Men”. Of what use would Roe v Wade be in a world where people have been rendered incapable of procreation or reproduction? To say nothing of the cascading financial/economic situation that’s going to be even more of a “baby bust(er)” that the crash of 2008 was. I hazard there’s going to more people getting vasectomies, hysterectomies or tube-tying.

So, to me, against the background of the aforementioned, this is just a power play. “Someone” is playing mind games here. Probably many people in the street screaming about “their right” have taken the vaxx and “that right” is effectively loooong gone! They’ll never be able to conceive again. I’ve been poring over constitution-related material lately and this is certainly a stage-setting event for more “conservative” rulings that will have huge implications.
As the vaxx was rolled out, MSM was kind enough to let us know that...

View attachment 73964

Is it?? Think bigger……iam not going to be surprised at all if this quickly feeds into “We need a Constitutional Convention(Con-Con) ASAP”. As I mentioned above, this stuff is waiting in the wings awaiting a super energizing “crisis” such as this.
Yes it is, all your paranoid fever dreams are just a false reality designed to lure the weak so that can have an enemy to bring about their WASP theocracy.

DevaWolf

Veteran
All I have to say is 'good luck when they come for you'.

Because right now you might feel safe, but this is only the gateway to many more rights being taken away. Good luck if you're not the 'right kind of christian' when believing anything else becomes illegal.

And good luck if you're a minority in any way, etc. God bless you, indeed.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
What has started to grate on me is the idea that a vegan, woke democrat can scream “meat is murder” and go to extreme lengths to make sure their food and clothing is cruelty free, yet fight to protect the continuance of the cruelest act of all - late term abortion.

Rufus McKenzie

Established
What has started to grate on me is the idea that a vegan, woke democrat can scream “meat is murder” and go to extreme lengths to make sure their food and clothing is cruelty free, yet fight to protect the continuance of the cruelest act of all - late term abortion.
Late term abortions account for a tiny percentage of the procedure and are only used as a medical necessity. It’s made up to play on peoples emotions just like how they make up lies about infanticide.

Karlysymon

Superstar
Yes it is, all your paranoid fever dreams are just a false reality designed to lure the weak so that can have an enemy to bring about their WASP theocracy.
Since you came back with a silly retort, I will take the pleasure of rubbing this in your face. If you think overturning Roe vs Wade is so bad, your problems have only just began. TPTB are just getting started in kicking up a storm. A year or 2 from now, R vs W will be the least of your worries….a distant memory.

Just so you know, Sunstein isn’t some rightwing nut. He is a liberal law professor and I gathered the person(s) who wrote that essay wasn’t some theocracy-obsessed person either. Footnote #127 should get you salivating if you care to dig into the essay.
https://harvardlawreview.org/2021/12/blasphemy-and-the-original-meaning-of-the-first-amendment/

All I have to say is 'good luck when they come for you'.

Because right now you might feel safe, but this is only the gateway to many more rights being taken away. Good luck if you're not the 'right kind of christian' when believing anything else becomes illegal.
Exactly. While iam a Christian and don't support abortion, iam not viewing this at all through those lens. There are strong undercurrents here.