Robot Security Dogs In Field Testing

Johnny5

Veteran
So how long before we have a story of one of these getting hacked and terrorizing some people. Not to mention the full AI police state this shows is coming our way soon. How stupid are the people videoing it?

I mean, dystopian cyberpunk reality if sort of scary... But how is this much different from... Well, drones?

AI policing wouldn't be all that different from what we have now either... Outside, until they get the kinks worked out, AI cops are just as likely to shoot some rich trust fund brat as they would a poor kid from the inner city... But that'd be an improvement, I guess?

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
I just tought about it. How long until they get one of these and use it to transport drugs? I mean, it goes around in patrol, just glue the package on it... Here in brazil people in penitenciaries trained RATS as drug carriers

LkMTM

Rookie
I just tought about it. How long until they get one of these and use it to transport drugs? I mean, it goes around in patrol, just glue the package on it... Here in brazil people in penitenciaries trained RATS as drug carriers
Wow, what a thought... Step outside, strap a kilo or what have you to the robo dog before its sensors go off warning to step away. Few blocks away your buddy grabs it.. Far lessesning the time you have it on your person to be caught. Disgusting, but if youve thought it, it has probably happened...

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
Ok, this hasn't happened YET, but this has:

Aero

Superstar
That "Black Mirror" episode with the robot dogs was fucked up.

I'm sure there's some low-tech way to circumvent robot dogs, though. In the show, they were sneaky and fast. So you hack into them, or you create some electrical interference. You don't try to outrun or out stealth them.

The Agrarian

Veteran
Singapore already deployed these last year as a lockdown enforcement measure. It's only a matter of time before a few blue-state cities (I'm guessing San Francisco) give them a test run. Then it'll pushed nationwide.

*beep* Eat your bugs, citizen. *beep*

The Agrarian

Veteran
As with all technology, organized crime will always be one step ahead of law enforcement and two steps ahead of the common man.

You heard those stories of people's Alexa's getting hacked? Now imagine it with RoboCop.