River Phoenix was murdered because he was about to blow the lid

ARose

Established
What I find interesting, is how in the late ‘80s, early ‘90s, you start to see bigger megaphones given to Hollywood activists who grew-up during the “Save the Planet” hippie movements of the late ‘60s, early ‘70s.

We know, now, that some of those movements were artificially created but during River’s period of fame, there’s less cynicism in some of these activists, less political side taking, more focused on goodwill problem solving for the sake of “just doing the right thing.”

You can tell corporations hadn’t quite gotten the idea yet to exploit this because stars were still willing to call out the actions of corporations.

You also hear the sincerity in River in this clip because it’s clear he really believes what he’s saying; however, he enters some danger zones with “The Powers That Be” and seemingly innocently starts exposing some of the early “humanitarian” scams the moneymakers were engaging in: Corporate contracts and promotion of their products (in this case, formula) in poorer regions and the prestige label attachment of “public aid”, the mainstreaming of shaming vaccine hesitancy and he offers honesty about the environmental impact of conglomerates.

Here’s a clip from a segment on “Donahue” clearly intended to highlight the new “Earth Day” popularity and mainstreaming of Environmentalism.

Today, “walking the walk” from pop culture activists doesn’t always go along with “talking the talk.”

What I find particularly fascinating is how during the period of this interview, the cultural “oddballs” were River, Lisa and Raul types but since then, corporations have figured out how to control politicians who were once for “alternative lifestyles”, dictate what that means now and own environmental messaging, too.

You also catch a glimpse of how the press would frame River’s death as evidence of a life of hypocrisy because so many in the public and media couldn’t make the distinction between vegetarianism as an ethical stance on slaughter vs. it as promoted as a “healthy lifestyle” public good.

He claimed it was healthier because he wasn’t exposed to artificial hormones but it’s pretty obvious he mentioned that because he was trying to persuade people towards vegetarianism, something he chose based on his ethical views towards animals and slaughter:

Last edited:

ARose

Established
This is the full interview.

Sure, you still hear some things that can be debated as academic origin social engineering propaganda but there’s also some calling out of powerful corporations in this interview, too. It’s the period before some of the big names in environmental movements began selling-out.

It’s notable that within a couple of years, two of those main guests would die untimely deaths; River and Raoul (particularly at 25:58, given today’s debates):

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
What I find interesting, is how in the late ‘80s, early ‘90s, you start to see bigger megaphones given to Hollywood activists who grew-up during the “Save the Planet” hippie movements of the late ‘60s, early ‘70s.

We know, now, that some of those movements were artificially created but during River’s period of fame, there’s less cynicism in some of these activists, less political side taking, more focused on goodwill problem solving for the sake of “just doing the right thing.”

You can tell corporations hadn’t quite gotten the idea yet to exploit this because stars were still willing to call out the actions of corporations.

You also hear the sincerity in River in this clip because it’s clear he really believes what he’s saying; however, he enters some danger zones with “The Powers That Be” and seemingly innocently starts exposing some of the early “humanitarian” scams the moneymakers were engaging in: Corporate contracts and promotion of their products (in this case, formula) in poorer regions and the prestige label attachment of “public aid”, the mainstreaming of shaming vaccine hesitancy and he offers honesty about the environmental impact of conglomerates.

Here’s a clip from a segment on “Donahue” clearly intended to highlight the new “Earth Day” popularity and mainstreaming of Environmentalism.

Today, “walking the walk” from pop culture activists doesn’t always go along with “talking the talk.”

What I find particularly fascinating is how during the period of this interview, the cultural “oddballs” were River, Lisa and Raul types but since then, corporations have figured out how to control politicians who were once for “alternative lifestyles”, dictate what that means now and own environmental messaging, too.

You also catch a glimpse of how the press would frame River’s death as evidence of a life of hypocrisy because so many in the public and media couldn’t make the distinction between vegetarianism as an ethical stance on slaughter vs. it as promoted as a “healthy lifestyle” public good.

He claimed it was healthier because he wasn’t exposed to artificial hormones but it’s pretty obvious he mentioned that because he was trying to persuade people towards vegetarianism, something he chose based on his ethical views towards animals and slaughter:
Outstanding synopsis and observations. Thank you.

Sibi

Star
Also similar to his father, he developed a pattern like his father dating very young girls. When Kiedis moved into his father's house, his father was in his mid-thirties dating an 18-year-old girl.​
It's sad because Kiedis really looked up to his father and his father sort of used him as a sidekick, he allegedly let his son have sex with his 18-year-old girlfriend when he was 11 and his father watched.​
Kiedis, even if he didn't know it at the time, clearly had a traumatic experience with sex and drugs growing up which makes sense why he might have repeated some of the same patterns his father would do such as using drugs and dating underage girls.​
Kiedis claimed his first sexual encounter was with Cher.​
Kiedis's first alleged sexual encounter was actually Cher — a close of his father. Cher offered to babysit him and let Kiedis spend the night in her bed with her.​
According to the memoir, Cher thought Kiedis had fallen asleep and she allegedly then took off her clothes in front of him and got into her nightgown and slept next to him.​
Even before Skye, Kiedis had dated and slept with underage girls. In his memoir, he admits to meeting a girl on the RHCP tour around the U.S. when he was 23-years-old and she was 14-years-old.​
The two had sexual intercourse after they met after a show and the next day she tagged along to the Baton Rouge show.​
After that show, she confessed that she was a 14-year-old Catholic school girl and the daughter of the chief of police in Lousiana and that and that they are looking for her.​
His response to that in his memoir was, "I wasn’t incredibly scared, because, in my somewhat deluded mind, I knew that if she told the chief of police she was in love with me, he wasn’t going to have me taken out to a field and shot, but I did want to get her the hell back home right away. So we had sex one more time.”​

Sibi

Star

Remember this show / comic book in the 90s?

Every episode is followed up with at least one "Planeteer Alert" clip, often connected to the plot, where environmental-political and other social-political issues are discussed and how the viewer can contribute and be part of "the solution" rather than "the pollution"

"Our world is in peril. Gaia, the spirit of the Earth, can no longer stand the terrible destruction plaguing our planet. She sends five magic rings to five special young people: Kwame, from Africa, with the power of Earth... From North America, Wheeler, with the power of Fire... From Eastern Europe, Linka, with the power of Wind. From Asia, Gi, with the power of Water... and from South America, Ma-Ti, with the power of Heart. When the five powers combine, they summon Earth's greatest champion, Captain Planet. The power is yours!"

The Eco-Villains are a small group of antagonists who cause danger to the planet through pollution, deforestation, poaching, and other environmentally unsafe activities. They enjoy the destruction they cause to the planet and the harm they bring to obtain wealth, land, or power.

Character Gaia "Spirit / goddess of the Earth" voiced by Whoopi Goldberg

A watch that is powered by water

Don Cheadle as Captain Planet

TempestOfTempo

Superstar

Every episode is followed up with at least one "Planeteer Alert" clip, often connected to the plot, where environmental-political and other social-political issues are discussed and how the viewer can contribute and be part of "the solution" rather than "the pollution"

"Our world is in peril. Gaia, the spirit of the Earth, can no longer stand the terrible destruction plaguing our planet. She sends five magic rings to five special young people: Kwame, from Africa, with the power of Earth... From North America, Wheeler, with the power of Fire... From Eastern Europe, Linka, with the power of Wind. From Asia, Gi, with the power of Water... and from South America, Ma-Ti, with the power of Heart. When the five powers combine, they summon Earth's greatest champion, Captain Planet. The power is yours!"

The Eco-Villains are a small group of antagonists who cause danger to the planet through pollution, deforestation, poaching, and other environmentally unsafe activities. They enjoy the destruction they cause to the planet and the harm they bring to obtain wealth, land, or power.

Seeing Rocket from Colors playing CP is kind of creepy, but generally I think Captain Planet was a good thing. Aint it?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
It was good but also a corporate vehicle for the save the planet movement in the 80's/90's @ARose was talking about and aimed for kids.
I think how Rose points out some of the individual activism was real (R. Phoenix for example) before it was coopted also holds true for stuff like Captain Planet. Just my opinion though...

SomaticBanshee

Established

he looks like if the Incredible Hulk after the show was canceled (one of my all time favorite tv shows of all time along with space 1999 and the six million dollar man) spiraled into a deep existential crisis and lost tons of weight and decided to become trans.

SomaticBanshee

Established
yeah just keep listening to the father and the mother when they talk. They are disturbing people. The mother sounds and acts like she’s in a trance. The father is the scariest looking one though. He looks pretty sinister. They were making money off of their kids. I get it if a parents let one of their kids get into movies but all of them? That makes zero sense.
his father sitting in the middle with his predator smirking…uggh… ick factor exploded in the camera crew’s control room…his self important, smugness is truly revolting.

ARose

Established
By the way, here is the link to VC’s article on Sirius/“The Dogstar”.

I had mentioned Keanu’s band “Dogstar”, earlier. Again, River and Keanu were best friends.
1658202914527.jpeg

ARose

Established
So many shady comments from strange grown ass men. The part where he did a lot of drugs went to "Vaseline alley" picked up call boys and would interview them back at his hotel room and recorded it.
This has been normalized in today’s climate of ultra permissive sexuality but when you think about it, these industry men should have gotten cops and human services assistants to protect vulnerable involved, when coming upon underage prostitutes not invited them to hang out with the crew.

This is a real problem in the arts industries and in gay circles, in particular: A tolerance for inappropriate “friendships” between adults and youths, outside what should be a guardian-or-not restricted role in a minor’s life.

Children and youth need decent parents and family not adult friends in their lives. It creates a problem of boundaries and normalizes intrusion on parental rights.

ARose

Established
“…Reiner: River did [the milk money scene] a couple of times, and it didn’t have that emotion to it. I just took him aside and said, ‘you don’t have to tell me what it is, but think about a time that an adult, somebody important to you, let you down and you felt like they weren’t there for you.’ The next take is the one that’s in the movie. I never knew what he thought about. I assume it was his father or his mother, but I don’t know. He never said it to me…”