Right and Wrong ways to reach the lost?

Yellowbunzz tasty

Established
Hey guys please checkout my new thread

Lyfe

Star
I bet those street preachers would tell you that they have never felt more alive then when they are out there. :)

The truth is that this is the mission of God in practice, but the churches have set such a sub standard for so long that it is now the new standard and any real book of acts type endeavor is seen as extremism. God desires the world to be saved.

Lisa

Superstar
I bet those street preachers would tell you that they have never felt more alive then when they are out there. :)

The truth is that this is the mission of God in practice, but the churches have set such a sub standard for so long that it is now the new standard and any real book of acts type endeavor is now seen as extremism. God desires the world to be saved.
No doubt! :)

I think I would like to do that someday..but you have to have some courage to step out from behind the screen and talk face to face with people knowing that they could go the other way...and not listen and be in your face as well.

I agree...the saddest thing I thought about the church I went to years ago was that it was a country club not a church...they were moving more towards the worldly and away from truly following God. That’s always sad when that happens.

Yep..He’s not slow as some would think..but He’s wanting everyone to come to repentance.

Lyfe

Star

I think I would like to do that someday..but you have to have some courage to step out from behind the screen and talk face to face with people knowing that they could go the other way...and not listen and be in your face as well.

I agree...the saddest thing I thought about the church I went to years ago was that it was a country club not a church...they were moving more towards the worldly and away from truly following God. That’s always sad when that happens.

Yep..He’s not slow as some would think..but He’s wanting everyone to come to repentance.
You wouldn't have to do anything mighty. Just standing at a corner and handing out some gospel tracts is enough and praying for God to draw and lead individuals to you. Its his work and we do very little. All we have to do is make an appearance and have a presence and God will draw.

Lisa

Superstar
You wouldn't have to do anything mighty. Just standing at a corner and handing out some gospel tracts is enough and praying for God to draw and lead individuals to you. Its his work and we do very little. All we have to do is make an appearance and have a presence and God will draw.
No doubt..however, it helps if God leads you to it. Do you preach like that?

Edit: but thanks..I’ll consider that..

Lyfe

Star
No doubt..however, it helps if God leads you to it. Do you preach like that?

Edit: but thanks..I’ll consider that..
I have had experience in it yes. I drifted from God for a while and it hasnt been until recently that he has restored me so I havent had experience in that for a while. I desire to soon though once I get some things squared away as it is needful and of the utmost urgency.

Lisa

Superstar
I have had experience in it yes. I drifted from God for a while and it hasnt been until recently that he has restored me so I havent had experience in that for a while. I desire to soon though once I get some things squared away as it is needful and of the utmost urgency.
Being that you are in Minneapolis..I would say so.

Lyfe

Star

I have come to the conclusion that if a church doesn't preach repentance or have a burden for the lost with a taskforce of believers given to the mission of going out as a group and winning souls then its not a real church. The more I grew in the lord the more I became very troubled that most churches don't preach repentance, not only that the more I became burdened for the lost. Sadly enough most pastors will let their congregations remain in a false profession of faith where no true conversion of the soul and rebirth of the holy spirit is present. I used to attend a church that preached repentance and would actively go out and evangelize on the streets, but that church would eventually run into many problems in leadership and fell into shipwreck. I was kicked out along with many others on very phony charges and since then the church has been recognized as in need of prayer for leadership.

I wont attend any church that wont preach repentance or any church that doesnt feel burdened for the lost, because these are marks of a true church where the holy spirit is present, strong, and operative.

Tidal

Star
I drifted from God for a while and it hasnt been until recently that he has restored me so I havent had experience in that for a while. I desire to soon though once I get some things squared away as it is needful and of the utmost urgency.

Jesus said- "You're my friends if you follow me, I don't call you servants, I call you friends"
so as a matter of interest, did you drift away from Jesus too?
If so, I'm puzzled about what made you suddenly decide not to be his pal any more?
Same with Elvis fans, none of them suddenly thinks "I don't like him any more" do they?..:)

Lyfe

Star
Jesus said- "You're my friends if you follow me, I don't call you servants, I call you friends"
so as a matter of interest, did you drift away from Jesus too?
If so, I'm puzzled about what made you suddenly decide not to be his pal any more?
Same with Elvis fans, none of them suddenly thinks "I don't like him any more" do they?..:)
I was one of the first of many that was kicked out of that church I previously mentioned, because the pastor didnt like me and I had told him my testimony of how I used to experience late night visitations by evil spirits and he didnt like that and used that as justification to kick me out. He didnt offer to help or anything, he just kicked me out and wanted nothing more to do with me. I shortly after lost my job, then my house and then lived in my car. I became angry at God, fell into alcoholism for a while and remained bitter and held captive under the chains of alcoholism for a season. Drifted further from God and fooled around with worldly women, fell further and further away. Ran from God and would go to the bar often. I became angry at him for how my life had turned out and I became very hard at heart and numb to conviction.. .

Tidal

Star
I was one of the first of many that was kicked out of that church I previously mentioned, because the pastor didnt like me..
...I shortly after lost my job, then my house and then lived in my car. I became angry at God..

I've never been to church in my life, I tried a few but they were like insane asylums so I walked; there must be some good churches around but the bottom line is we don't need them anyway because Jesus said "You have ONE teacher, ME".

That pastor sounds krap so be GLAD you got out, maybe God wanted you to make a fresh start away from his bad vibes.
In 2002 I was just out of jail (3-month vigilante rap), jobless, homeless, womanless, near-penniless and living rough in a tent in a wood but my sense of humour was intact- "Oh friggin great" I thought, "I've ended up as Bigfoot", but I soon got out and up to make a fresh clean start.

If we keep our christian sense of humour and can laugh at ourselves nothing can break us, it's the poor slobs without a s.o.h. we should feel sorry for because they're like wagons without springs, jolted by every pebble on life's road..:)

Lisa

Superstar
I have come to the conclusion that if a church doesn't preach repentance or have a burden for the lost with a taskforce of believers given to the mission of going out as a group and winning souls then its not a real church. The more I grew in the lord the more I became very troubled that most churches don't preach repentance, not only that the more I became burdened for the lost. Sadly enough most pastors will let their congregations remain in a false profession of faith where no true conversion of the soul and rebirth of the holy spirit is present. I used to attend a church that preached repentance and would actively go out and evangelize on the streets, but that church would eventually run into many problems in leadership and fell into shipwreck. I was kicked out along with many others on very phony charges and since then the church has been recognized as in need of prayer for leadership.

I wont attend any church that wont preach repentance or any church that doesnt feel burdened for the lost, because these are marks of a true church where the holy spirit is present, strong, and operative.
Agreed they definitely need to preach repentance and teach about sin..not sugarcoat it so much.

Ya, I’ve been disappointed with church leaders who never really seemed to care about people being saved more than the check they wrote.
I was a Sunday school teacher and didn’t feel that the pastor or the children’s director really cares one way or another if the kids were saved..with the children’s director going so far to talk bout how she didn’t really like the kids in our neighborhoods because they were spoiled..she would rather go to Mexico with the gospel...I was livid and really didn’t like her after that. My burden was for the kids around me.

Lisa

Superstar
Yes but i don't just want to feel it, i want to know it.
Have you come to a decision Sarge? Lyfe posted a video for you to watch and I was wondering what you decided..if anything.