Riddle

polymoog

Superstar
what do these 2 groups of american cities have in common with each other and the other group?

1. new orleans, new york city, pittsburgh PA, LA, kansas city, atlanta, chicago, dallas, detroit city

- and -

2. new york, LA, cleveland, DC, seattle, baton rogue, detroit, oklahoma city, boston, san francisco, tulsa, austin

Last edited:

polymoog

Superstar
I hate riddles. Just tell us.
ill give you more hints....

in the first group, one of the places listed sticks out different than the rest. if you can find out the reasons for this, you are on to the answer.

here is a third list of cities: 3. tripoli, bissau, khartoum.

a fourth list: 4. L.A., denver, aspen.

after these, i might be down to individual cities only...

ill give you more hints....

in the first group, one of the places listed sticks out different than the rest. if you can find out the reasons for this, you are on to the answer.

here is a third list of cities: 3. tripoli, bissau, khartoum.

a fourth list: 4. L.A., denver, aspen.

after these, i might be down to individual cities only...
Nope, that just made it more confusing. Unless someone else wants to give it a shot, you might as well just give the answer.

polymoog

Superstar
i posted a picture of james brown. that has a LOT to do with the #1. james brown does not have anything to do with #2. someone else does.

polymoog

Superstar
james brown sings songs. he has nothing to do with the second group, so someone else is involved in that who sings songs.

polymoog

Superstar
#1: listing of all the cities in james browns song, living in america. #2: all cities listed in huey lewis and the news song, heart of rock and roll.
the clue i left was "detroit city" and "pittsburgh PA, both cities, but different from the rest of the entries i listed. i stated "pittsburgh PA" and not just ''pittsburgh". i also stated "detroit city" like he sings, and not just "detroit". /SPOILER]

Last edited:

Violette

Star
lol how ironic, im at a rock/blues bar right now in one of those cities but I never would have guessed that answer. Nice riddle :)