Rewriting quotes

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Anyone want to try rewriting quotes? I thought about "ignorance is bliss" and rewriting it to "ignorance is a blindfold". "what you don't know don't hurt you" to "what you don't know CAN hurt you" etc. Can you rewrite some dumb quotes and turn them into wiser ones?

"what you don't know don't hurt you" to "what you don't know CAN hurt you"
This is not rewriting one but it made me think of "Ignoring can kill"

So many people today are going around ignoring life saving information, such as about what is healthy to eat and what is not
https://hannahmichaels.wordpress.com/2016/03/12/the-perfect-healthy-diet/

They seem to want to believe that "ignorance is bliss", when it is not, because ignoring can kill.

ignorance is a blindfold
Nice one.

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar
Anyone want to try rewriting quotes? I thought about "ignorance is bliss" and rewriting it to "ignorance is a blindfold". "what you don't know don't hurt you" to "what you don't know CAN hurt you" etc. Can you rewrite some dumb quotes and turn them into wiser ones?
A stitch in time will send boutiques, department stores and shoe repairers broke.

Birds of a feather Facebook together.

Awoken2

Superstar
A bird in the hand....probably has a broken wing

Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes....and spent at least a couple of hours with his wife.

Red sky at night....shame it's dark

Never look a gift horse in the mouth....a rocking horse? Fine.

One small step for man.....one GIANT porky from nasa

.....erm?

JoChris

Superstar

Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes....and spent at least a couple of hours with his wife.

.....erm?
I love yours.

I would add children to first one!

Red sky at night - check pollution levels ASAP.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, get quarantine or vet to do that.

One small step for man .... that's gender stereotyped!

Glad 2 know

Veteran

.....erm?
The first one is really touching <3<3<3 It certainly made think :)
The 2nd one is hysterical lol but oh so true
The 3rd one LOL
I'm sorry I haven't the rest of the sayings so I will try to understand;) unless you'd like to explain that'd be awesome

Awoken2

Superstar
I'm sorry I haven't the rest of the sayings so I will try to understand;) unless you'd like to explain that'd be awesome
Looking a gift horse in the mouth is in relation to not questioning the value of a gift...but I guess it's ok to know the value of your rocking horse.

One small step for man was the historic words uttered by Neil Armstrong when they pretended to land on the moon.

Hope that clears things up for you.

JoChris

Superstar
That's all very well and good but I do believe that horse drove himself down to that lake....lol
He must have been horsing around.... probably made an ass of himself.... *run out of Dad jokes now**.

All work and no play makes Jack a bullied boy.
No work and all play makes Jack a toy boy. ("All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy")

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Looking a gift horse in the mouth is in relation to not questioning the value of a gift...but I guess it's ok to know the value of your rocking horse.

One small step for man was the historic words uttered by Neil Armstrong when they pretended to land on the moon.

Hope that clears things up for you.
Thank you awoken, it makes perfect sense :)