Revelation

Lisa

Superstar
It’s crystal clear, Lisa, so if you don’t understand it, you should ask yourself why.

This popped into my head when I read your response:

“But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”.....1 Corinthians 2:14 KJB

One thing I have noticed about you that has changed since the old VC forums is that nowadays, you seem very preoccupied with falling away from the faith.

You should think on that, and ask yourself why that is.

We already KNOW that many will fall away THE faith (Christianity), because not everyone who claims to be Christian is even saved.

But that should not be misinterpreted to mean that a saved person can fall away from faith (belief) in Jesus Christ because NO saved, born-again believer can just “stop” believing—even if they tried.

When you believe, you become aware of the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is no longer merely a story or historical event....but an absolute fact that is undeniable.

It doesn’t require constant reaffirmation or reassurance that it is the truth. It is believed on with all your heart unto salvation and NEVER stops being true.

This is how it is for me, and I am certain that it is the same for ALL saved individuals.

If you need to constantly reassure yourself that the Gospel is true, you haven’t really believed it.

By thinking you must “keep” believing or else it will somehow ‘slip away’ means you are working for your faith because you do not really BELIEVE it.

You are trusting in yourself & that is why you are continually doubting. When you stop trusting in yourself & trust instead in Christ, you will be saved. Then you will KNOW your salvation is secure and you can rest in that knowledge.

View attachment 22709
I’m not the confused person here...I see scripture how it is, not how I wish it to be, I think that’s the difference between us.

The funny thing about the falling away stuff is that a few weeks before o came back to the forum I made the checklist if you will about falling away. I was just keeping it for myself as a reminder. When I came back to the forum I was going to make a thread about it but decided to see if there was a thread already.
I do have other interests like the end times but no one seems all that interested in talking about that. Well no one seems interested in this so much except to tell me I’m wrong. But I’m not wrong about this.

But that should not be misinterpreted to mean that a saved person can fall away from faith (belief) in Jesus Christ because NO saved, born-again believer can just “stop” believing—even if they tried.
Totally false! A person can stop believing in God the way God really is, if they really want to and some have fallen away.

I am not continually doubting but I am on the alert to make sure I’m not deceived, that would be horrible to be deceived and fall away don’t you think?

Last edited:

Allegra

Veteran
Great talk from David Pawson talking about The Millennial Reign of Christ.

Full sermon here
On a side note, I love how humble his prayer at the end, "If I said something that isn't Your Truth, will you blot it out of our memories before it does any damage but if I've been speaking Truth will you please confirm it by Your Holy Spirit so that people will know it's not from me, it's from You."
Will pray this prayer all the time.

TokiEl

Superstar
1 Corinthians 15 33 Do not be deceived: “Evil company corrupts good habits.” 34 Awake to righteousness, and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of God. I speak this to your shame.

Also Paul of course understands that salvation is removal of sins.

And this removal of sins is only possible by the spilt blood of Jesus Christ.

God planned and provided the sufficient sacrifice for sins namely the Blood of His Son our Creator and Maker.

So how do sinners apply the Blood of the Son of God for removal of their sins ? This is the million dollar question... and nobody knows the answer anymore.

TokiEl

Superstar
It's in the book of Revelation where we learn what will happen in the last days before Jesus Christ returns... but it's not easily understandable and so not for everyone to try and interpret it.

Just because you can read... does not automatically qualify you to interpret this last book in the Bible.

Thunderian

Superstar
It's in the book of Revelation where we learn what will happen in the last days before Jesus Christ returns... but it's not easily understandable and so not for everyone to try and interpret it.

Just because you can read... does not automatically qualify you to interpret this last book in the Bible.
If you let the Bible interpret it for you, it's actually not that difficult to understand.

TokiEl

Superstar
This is not a Christian attitude. God isn't willing that any should perish, Jesus Christ died for all sinners (that's everyone), and it's our job as Christians to spread this message.
You don't understand jokes.

I have said several times that i am a goofball... so i often joke.

TokiEl

Superstar
If you let the Bible interpret it for you, it's actually not that difficult to understand.
Well i've seen your attempts at interpreting Revelation... so you just confirm my point that Revelation is not easy to unravel.