Revelation 19 ...in the Old Testament?!

phipps

Star
The whole of Revelation is in the Old Testament. If we don't understand the symbolic language in the Old testament, we will find it hard to understand Revelation. The book of Daniel especially is another prophetic book that deals with end-time issues. Revelation and Daniel should really be studied hand in hand

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The whole of Revelation is in the Old Testament. If we don't understand the symbolic language in the Old testament, we will find it hard to understand Revelation. The book of Daniel especially is another prophetic book that deals with end-time issues. Revelation and Daniel should really be studied hand in hand
Isaiah 42 talks about the second appearing of Jesus, not as a servant but as a warrior. I can understand why Muslims can get mixed up here and seek to slip Muhammad into the story, but when Jesus comes, it will be a judgement on a different order of magnitude!

Isaiah 42

9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.

10 Sing unto the Lord a new song, and his praise from the end of the earth, ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles, and the inhabitants thereof.

11 Let the wilderness and the cities thereof lift up their voice, the villages that Kedar doth inhabit: let the inhabitants of the rock sing, let them shout from the top of the mountains.

12 Let them give glory unto the Lord, and declare his praise in the islands.

13 The Lord shall go forth as a mighty man, he shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: he shall cry, yea, roar; he shall prevail against his enemies.

14 I have long time holden my peace; I have been still, and refrained myself: now will I cry like a travailing woman; I will destroy and devour at once.

15 I will make waste mountains and hills, and dry up all their herbs; and I will make the rivers islands, and I will dry up the pools.

16 And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

phipps

Star
Isaiah 42 talks about the second appearing of Jesus, not as a servant but as a warrior. I can understand why Muslims can get mixed up here and seek to slip Muhammad into the story, but when Jesus comes, it will be a judgement on a different order of magnitude!

Isaiah 42

9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.

10 Sing unto the Lord a new song, and his praise from the end of the earth, ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles, and the inhabitants thereof.

11 Let the wilderness and the cities thereof lift up their voice, the villages that Kedar doth inhabit: let the inhabitants of the rock sing, let them shout from the top of the mountains.

12 Let them give glory unto the Lord, and declare his praise in the islands.

13 The Lord shall go forth as a mighty man, he shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: he shall cry, yea, roar; he shall prevail against his enemies.

14 I have long time holden my peace; I have been still, and refrained myself: now will I cry like a travailing woman; I will destroy and devour at once.

15 I will make waste mountains and hills, and dry up all their herbs; and I will make the rivers islands, and I will dry up the pools.

16 And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

Exactly. when Jesus returns it will be to defeat all His enemies. Victory will be His.

Revelation 15-16 says, "And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS." The “sharp sword” and “rod of iron” signify victory over His enemies. Jesus will smite the wicked nations, who have waged war against Him, His saints and His church. He is coming as “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”

In Revelation 19:17, the wicked become a feast for the birds at “the supper of the great God.” This is also spoken of in the Old Testament.

Last edited: