Religious perspective on borderine personality disorder

I'm aware that my question seems irrelevant and off-topic. I need a religious interpretation of why and how this type of personality is formed and what it is looking for. A sociological interpretation, apart from the "love of God and Jesus".

With borderline personality disorder, you have an intense fear of abandonment or instability, and you may have difficulty tolerating being alone. Yet inappropriate anger, impulsiveness and frequent mood swings may push others away, even though you want to have loving and lasting relationships.

Signs and symptoms may include:

• An intense fear of abandonment, even going to extreme measures to avoid real or imagined separation or rejection
  • A pattern of unstable intense relationships, such as idealizing someone one moment and then suddenly believing the person doesn't care enough or is cruel
  • Rapid changes in self-identity and self-image that include shifting goals and values, and seeing yourself as bad or as if you don't exist at all
  • Periods of stress-related paranoia and loss of contact with reality, lasting from a few minutes to a few hours
  • Impulsive and risky behavior, such as gambling, reckless driving, unsafe sex, spending sprees, binge eating or drug abuse, or sabotaging success by suddenly quitting a good job or ending a positive relationship
  • Suicidal threats or behavior or self-injury, often in response to fear of separation or rejection
  • Wide mood swings lasting from a few hours to a few days, which can include intense happiness, irritability, shame or anxiety
  • Ongoing feelings of emptiness
  • Inappropriate, intense anger, such as frequently losing your temper, being sarcastic or bitter, or having physical fights
source

They lack appreciation or tolerance to a complicated and imperfect world of grays, especially which does not dedicatedly and unconditionally focus on them and service their needs.
They resent boundaries or limit setting, and exhibit extreme sensitivity to rejection even under the rubric of healthy autonomy.

source

JoChris

Superstar
I'm aware that my question seems irrelevant and off-topic. I need a religious interpretation of why and how this type of personality is formed and what it is looking for. A sociological interpretation, apart from the "love of God and Jesus".

With borderline personality disorder, you have an intense fear of abandonment or instability, and you may have difficulty tolerating being alone. Yet inappropriate anger, impulsiveness and frequent mood swings may push others away, even though you want to have loving and lasting relationships.

• An intense fear of abandonment, even going to extreme measures to avoid real or imagined separation or rejection
  • A pattern of unstable intense relationships, such as idealizing someone one moment and then suddenly believing the person doesn't care enough or is cruel
  • Rapid changes in self-identity and self-image that include shifting goals and values, and seeing yourself as bad or as if you don't exist at all
  • Periods of stress-related paranoia and loss of contact with reality, lasting from a few minutes to a few hours
  • Impulsive and risky behavior, such as gambling, reckless driving, unsafe sex, spending sprees, binge eating or drug abuse, or sabotaging success by suddenly quitting a good job or ending a positive relationship
  • Suicidal threats or behavior or self-injury, often in response to fear of separation or rejection
  • Wide mood swings lasting from a few hours to a few days, which can include intense happiness, irritability, shame or anxiety
  • Inappropriate, intense anger, such as frequently losing your temper, being sarcastic or bitter, or having physical fights
source

They lack appreciation or tolerance to a complicated and imperfect world of grays, especially which does not dedicatedly and unconditionally focus on them and service their needs.
They resent boundaries or limit setting, and exhibit extreme sensitivity to rejection even under the rubric of healthy autonomy.

source
I assume you mean non-religious reason.
Have you looked into personal trauma leading to BPD, or similar symptoms?

Warning: potential triggers for abuse survivors.
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyt.2021.721361/full

Last edited:
I thought this thread might be about Amber Heard if you stretch the term religious to include being a witch.

Perhaps there is no treatment. The best way to solve this problem is avoiding these people at all costs whenever possible. It might be better to use old school terms such as sociopath and psychopath in lieu of borderline personality disorder which seems to me a little too socially acceptable. It is kind of like calling a rabid dog an animal who is in a bad mood?

A Freeman

Superstar

source

source
"Fear is not real. The only place that fear can exist is in our thoughts of the future. It is the product of our imagination (see Genesis 6:5), causing us to fear things that do not at present and may not ever exist. That is near insanity. Now do not misunderstand me, danger is very real, but fear is a choice." ― Will Smith in the movie 'After Earth'

Fear is the polar opposite of faith, and thus can only exist in the absence of faith.

If it is realized that we are never alone, and that the unseen spiritual world is the real world, then it can be correctly understood that there is absolutely nothing to fear in this physical world (see Matthew 10:28).

The treatment for this is simple: read, study and put into practice The Law that our Creator gave us to protect us from all of this evil and to set and keep us free. There is no other way to embrace and draw closer to the real, spiritual world and thus correctly understand who and what we really are:

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter (immortal spiritual-Beings of Light Energy, NOT mortal human flesh). You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship." ― Yoda from the Star Wars film 'The Empire Strikes Back'

Important Note:
None of the above involves any organized religion, doctors or pharmaceutical drugs, all of which prevent contact with and understanding of the unseen world. The Law contains not only the perfect healthy diet, but the rest of the tools required to correctly understand the world around us and to be able to discern what is right and good from what is wrong and evil directly from our Creator (The Most Powerful Force in the Universe: Love), removing imaginary fear every step of The Way.

Perhaps there is no treatment. The best way to solve this problem is avoiding these people at all costs whenever possible. It might be better to use old school terms such as sociopath and psychopath in lieu of borderline personality disorder which seems to me a little too socially acceptable. It is kind of like calling a rabid dog an animal who is in a bad mood?

The representation of borderline in cinema and media, is not correct. They are not "evil", femme fatale, vengeful, or serial killer. The picture that defined most of the borderline's times is an animal whose shell is as fragile as a snail.They experience unbearable pain and anxieties with an insatiable need for compassion and protection. They often become the abused, not the abuser, at the expense of getting what they are looking for.

"Fear is not real. The only place that fear can exist is in our thoughts of the future. It is the product of our imagination (see Genesis 6:5), causing us to fear things that do not at present and may not ever exist. That is near insanity. Now do not misunderstand me, danger is very real, but fear is a choice." ― Will Smith in the movie 'After Earth'

Fear is the polar opposite of faith, and thus can only exist in the absence of faith.

If it is realized that we are never alone, and that the unseen spiritual world is the real world, then it can be correctly understood that there is absolutely nothing to fear in this physical world (see Matthew 10:28).

The treatment for this is simple: read, study and put into practice The Law that our Creator gave us to protect us from all of this evil and to set and keep us free. There is no other way to embrace and draw closer to the real, spiritual world and thus correctly understand who and what we really are:

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter (immortal spiritual-Beings of Light Energy, NOT mortal human flesh). You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship." ― Yoda from the Star Wars film 'The Empire Strikes Back'

Important Note:
None of the above involves any organized religion, doctors or pharmaceutical drugs, all of which prevent contact with and understanding of the unseen world. The Law contains not only the perfect healthy diet, but the rest of the tools required to correctly understand the world around us and to be able to discern what is right and good from what is wrong and evil directly from our Creator (The Most Powerful Force in the Universe: Love), removing imaginary fear every step of The Way.
Fear and paranoia are our friends. We are living in a jungle not a Star Wars or Will Smith movie. Fear and paranoia is awareness. Faith is a luxury that animals must live without. To survive in this jungle we must accept the fact that evil forces are constantly trying to harm us. Just like birds or cats and other animals we have to be eternally vigilant or we will be eaten alive or even worse.

JoChris

Superstar
no.

Except for chemical and mental reasons. Could borderline be something that developed in response to modern life? Democracy and liberalism in human relations. Loss of community and common values.
That is an interesting question, I listened to two talks earlier and what you suggest isn't that extreme.
If you have the time they are worth a listen. Some concepts are MA though.

From the first video, kids are being brainwashed or "groomed" into being dysfunctional, narcissistic/ antisocial personality disorder, queer, and totally reject traditional values because the Elite who want to form a new society must destroy kids to make them into what they want them to be.

In the second video from 2020, he was a lecturer bearing the brunt of university students who literally cannot cope with anyone who disagrees with them. They were taught that words equal violence, therefore anyone who uses words that they say are negative deserve a violent response or the very least cancellation.

The incredible immaturity that he describes is very scary. If a young person can't cope with someone having an opposite worldview to them, they are going to collapse when life becomes a bit hard in ANY way.

Last edited:

A Freeman

Superstar
Fear and paranoia are our friends. We are living in a jungle not a Star Wars or Will Smith movie. Fear and paranoia is awareness. Faith is a luxury that animals must live without. To survive in this jungle we must accept the fact that evil forces are constantly trying to harm us. Just like birds or cats and other animals we have to be eternally vigilant or we will be eaten alive or even worse.
Fear is a product/figment of your imagination. It is NOT your friend. The quotes were taken from those films are true everywhere.

We are NOT animals, nor even human. We are spiritual-Beings (Souls) that are temporarily incarnated inside human animal bodies, and should be learning to control those human bodies because fear is the enemy of reason and common-sense.

Over two-thirds of the global population succumbed to the irrational and imaginary fear of a 100% fake and pre-planned "pandemic", and allowed themselves to be injected with a poisonous substances that is designed to sterilize and eventually exterminate them. Why? Because they were incapable of rational thought whilst in the grip of fear.

There's a huge difference between being vigilant and giving into fear. Those who were vigilant, and able to apply reason and common-sense don't buy into fantasies, whereas those who live in fear can be persuaded to do harm to others or themselves, exactly as we have just witnessed taking place globally for the past 3 years.

Learn the difference between the two.

Okay. But I was afraid to take poisonous vaccines. I used the fear I felt to realize no way am I letting people I never trusted to begin with inject me with anything for any reason. Because I have observed all my life people doing things that could potentially harm me I am paranoid that something could happen to me. I used that paranoia and fear like tools. Also God gave me instincts. All animals have instincts. While we may be spiritual beings ultimately we also are living in something called reality. In this reality we are temporarily animals and must obey the rules of the jungle. And the number one rule is to survive and avoid anything or anyone trying to kill you. We are the ultimate animals but even so we can learn from all animals. When people lose their God given instincts they will lose their life. And my animal instincts are telling me the MSM is trying to kill and destroy me anyway they can. Also I don't trust Yoda or Will Smith LOL.

A Freeman

Superstar
Okay. But I was afraid to take poisonous vaccines. I used the fear I felt to realize no way am I letting people I never trusted to begin with inject me with anything for any reason. Because I have observed all my life people doing things that could potentially harm me I am paranoid that something could happen to me.
LOL. I used that paranoia and fear like tools.
So was it fear or reason that motivated your logical concern? Fool me once shame on you; fool me twice shame on me.

Also God gave me instincts. All animals have instincts. While we may be spiritual beings ultimately we also are living in something called reality. In this reality we are temporarily animals and must obey the rules of the jungle. And the number one rule is to survive and avoid anything or anyone trying to kill you.
Again, is that fear or the simple application of common-sense?

We are the ultimate animals but even so we can learn from all animals.
Yes, we can learn a lot from animals, all of which work with nature instead of against it, as humans do.

When people lose their God given instincts they will lose their life. And my animal instincts are telling me the MSM is trying to kill and destroy me anyway they can.
Agreed. It's nothing more than a government propaganda machine.

Also I don't trust Yoda or Will Smith LOL.
There's no need to trust any individual or character; only to recognize the truth that is spoken through them. "Out of the mouths of babes..." (Ps. 8:2).

Important Note:
Fear, ok. What about the insatiable need for affection and attention? What if the lack of attention, compassion, and dedication from others is killing you? What if faith isn't enough to calm down and move on?

A Freeman

Superstar
Fear, ok. What about the insatiable need for affection and attention? What if the lack of attention, compassion, and dedication from others is killing you? What if faith isn't enough to calm down and move on?
Fear is the root of all human emotion. When people get angry (or even frustrated), they are afraid something isn't going the way they believe it should go. When sad, they are afraid they cannot hold on to some cherished moment in the past, or they're afraid of the future they believe may happen in the absence of someone or some thing they feel they have lost.

The insatiable need for affection and attention is the fear of not being accepted by others or getting one's ego stroked often enough (which are basically the same thing).

In a nutshell, fear, in all of its forms, is worrying about future events that may or may not ever happen, including whether or not one will be accepted and/or revered by others. That is why fear is described as "the mind-killer". It automatically takes someone's focus out of the only moment they can experience, learn from and control (the present), and into a fantasy about the past or the future, over which we have no control.

When the ego ("self") feels it has no control over a situation, or that it's being starved for attention (which is what fuels it), it will do whatever it takes to maintain its ego boundaries, regardless of how that negatively impacts others. So the ego/"self" and its irrational fear MUST be overcome to return to reality. And the only way to overcome the "self" is through faith, and the calm and peace it engenders in the present moment, even when facing real danger. We are, in reality, never alone, and that there is a higher purpose to this life: service to others.

Let's not forget that borderline personality disorder is a term created by psychiatrists. Psychiatrists are among the most dishonest people who have ever walked this earth. Psychiatry is not a science but all speculation and theory. Psychiatrists are extremely greedy people who are in league with the pharmaceutical industry to make as much money off us as they can anyway they can even if it means destroying our bodies with their chemicals. Look at the word therapist for example. It is made up of two words The Rapist. Psychiatry is actually a form of witchcraft and the pharmaceutical industry is made up of satanic alchemists who will stoop to anything to destroy the minds God gave us.

Fear is the root of all human emotion. When people get angry (or even frustrated), they are afraid something isn't going the way they believe it should go. When sad, they are afraid they cannot hold on to some cherished moment in the past, or they're afraid of the future they believe may happen in the absence of someone or some thing they feel they have lost.

The insatiable need for affection and attention is the fear of not being accepted by others or getting one's ego stroked often enough (which are basically the same thing).

In a nutshell, fear, in all of its forms, is worrying about future events that may or may not ever happen, including whether or not one will be accepted and/or revered by others. That is why fear is described as "the mind-killer". It automatically takes someone's focus out of the only moment they can experience, learn from and control (the present), and into a fantasy about the past or the future, over which we have no control.

When the ego ("self") feels it has no control over a situation, or that it's being starved for attention (which is what fuels it), it will do whatever it takes to maintain its ego boundaries, regardless of how that negatively impacts others. So the ego/"self" and its irrational fear MUST be overcome to return to reality. And the only way to overcome the "self" is through faith, and the calm and peace it engenders in the present moment, even when facing real danger. We are, in reality, never alone, and that there is a higher purpose to this life: service to others.
Mostly true. But the threshold of satisfaction has a chemical side besides philosophy. Childhood experiences increase it and philosophy may not be enough to bring it down. Behavior is easier to control but emotions work on their own. Whatever you inculcate yourself, it may not be the solution for boredom. Identifying the cause does not always provide the solution. I'm the borderline in this story. I'm truly a faithful, insightful, selfless person (more than almost everyone).

A Freeman

Superstar
Mostly true. But the threshold of satisfaction has a chemical side besides philosophy.
According to whom? Shrinks? Scientists? A balanced, healthy spiritual-Being will automatically maintain a balanced, healthy body. The perfect healthy diet found in our Creator's Law is part of that.

Childhood experiences increase it and philosophy may not be enough to bring it down.
True faith (trust in God) isn't philosophical though, at least in the way that word is used today; it's the only tried and true remedy for eradicating fear. The fear must be recognized and addressed to restore mental/spiritual balance and health first (Matt. 6:33).

Behavior is easier to control but emotions work on their own.
Learning to overcome human emotion is the only way to control behaviour. If someone is easily offended for example (quick to anger), they can very easily be manipulated by others into saying or doing things they later regret (James 1:19-21).

Just as discipline and physical exercise can strengthen and train the body, or teach it how to play an instrument, spiritual discipline and spiritual/mental exercise can and does strengthen the mind and teach control. Most don't realize how their own mind works, believing that whatever random thoughts or human emotions run through it are of their own making, so they just go with it.

Every thought we have ever had came from one of two sources: good (God) or evil (the devil/Satan). Our only task is to learn to properly discern between the two (Deut. 30:15-20), within the mind, hence the need for mental/spiritual discipline and exercise.

Whatever you inculcate yourself, it may not be the solution for boredom.
How could anyone be bored when there is so much undiscovered country all around them, in Scripture, in nature, and even within their own mind?

For a moment, remember back before instant internet access allowed information to freely flow. A research project that now takes minutes or hours used to take weeks or months. The net changed all of that, and gave us a preview of what it would be like to be instantly connected to a wealth of information and wisdom.

We all have within us a guiding voice that can and does offer us true wisdom, guidance and inspiration in the moment. All we have to do is remember and practice our connection to that inner voice. Through discipline and practice that connection can and does strengthen, and provides us with constant reassurance that we are never alone. What most call their "conscience" is simply God speaking to them. And what most call "coincidence" is simply God working anonymously.

Every moment in this life has been carefully planned and has built-in lessons that are nothing short of amazing. THAT is the journey that each of us could be on if we choose it of our own free-will, and you can rest assured that it is never boring.

Identifying the cause does not always provide the solution.
No, it doesn't, but without first recognizing and identifying the cause of an issue, it's impossible to find a solution to it. The solution has actually been waiting in eternity for the seeker to find (Matt. 7:7-8).

I'm the borderline in this story. I'm truly a faithful, insightful, selfless person (more than almost everyone).
Is that not why Father (God) shared with you the truth about the medical and pharmaceutical industry NOT being what it appears to be, at this critical juncture in human history? Is it a small thing to be chosen and shown that viruses are a figment of our imaginations, having never been proven to exist, at the very same time the corporate fictional governments of this world were working in lockstep to lethally inject as many as they could, using imaginary fear of an imaginary virus to fuel their imaginary pandemic?

Overcoming that imaginary and irrational fear (emotion) was necessary to be able to see through the charade and allow reason and common-sense to prevail. Every single worldly institution on Earth has a similar rotten core underneath its thin veneer. All we need to do is seek the truth, because that's the only thing that will set us free; free from evil, from fear, from boredom and from oppression and injustice.

It's the first step into a much larger (spiritual) world.

Last edited: