Religious Absurdities

elsbet

Superstar
No offense but unless it is grossly disproportionate, Playboy has simply informed us that People Kill People... and some of the People who Kill People were Home Schooled.

State indoctrination (which has produced all killers, prior, mind you) is the alternative-- soo... it seems kind of like it's just a hit piece.

No offense but unless it is grossly disproportionate, Playboy has simply informed us that People Kill People... and some of the People who Kill People were Home Schooled.

State indoctrination (which has produced all killers, prior, mind you) is the alternative-- soo... it seems kind of like it's just a hit piece.
All prior killers? This goes back to at least Rudolph and you can not deny that Reconstructionism is an inherently violent theology which the article focused on, as well as homeschoolings ties to White Supremacist movements.

There is no difference between homeschooling and a madrassa.

Last edited:
Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar
All prior killers? This goes back to at least Rudolph and you can not deny that Reconstructionism is an inherently violent theology which the article focused on, as well as homeschoolings ties to White Supremacist movements.

There is no difference between homeschooling and a madrassa.
Im picturing a reindeer and plaid.

I'm really not familiar with Reconstructionism. Homeschooling and white nationalism-- I don't see the connection. I *do* see the connection between Playboy and the objectification and exploitation of women though. Soo.. their opinion means nothing to me, anyway.

Im picturing a reindeer and plaid.

I'm really not familiar with Reconstructionism. Homeschooling and white nationalism-- I don't see the connection. I *do* see the connection between Playboy and the objectification and exploitation of women though. Soo.. their opinion means nothing to me, anyway.
Eric Rudolph the home schooled Christian fundamentalistvwho bombed the 96 olympics and a few gay bars, but you knew that.

“Indeed, even the most explicitly white supremacist groups are able to take advantage of America’s unregulated homeschooling climate. National Director of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan Thomas Robb is the driving force behind a group called White Pride Homeschool, the website of which points readers to HSLDA and to sources of homeschooling materials commonly used by evangelical homeschoolers, such as Bob Jones, the Advanced Training Institute and Accelerated Christian Education. As Stollar puts it, “white supremacists feel completely comfortable using mainstream resources in the Christian homeschooling world. That should tell you something is greatly wrong with many of the mainstream resources.”

Whether it appears in playboy or not doesn’t change what’s in the article, Stroop is a good writer who was raised extremely evangelical by the way.

The Zone

Star
I have lived in America all my life, save some schooling and rarely if ever, see white supremacist but you act like they are on every corner. Where are all these white Christian terrorists of yours?

JoChris

Superstar
It is way more serious than I imagined.
I thought I had read or heard about extreme censorship laws in Thailand.
It is already a criminal offense to criticize the royal family in any manner. 3-15 years in prison is the average.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lèse_majesté_in_Thailand

Now he has delusions of godhood, what next? Execution?
Is he going to modify North Korea's beliefs RE King Jong Un to fit his own culture?
Poor people of Thailand.

I have lived in America all my life, save some schooling and rarely if ever, see white supremacist but you act like they are on every corner. Where are all these white Christian terrorists of yours?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theroot.com/who-broke-a-record-for-extremist-killings-in-2018-spo-1831987223/amp

https://4thgenwar.wordpress.com/2016/07/03/trump-meets-man-who-inspired-2011-terror-attack-deadlier-than-orlando-shooting/

From the Sheriff’s office to the White House and everywhere in between.

elsbet

Superstar
Eric Rudolph the home schooled Christian fundamentalistvwho bombed the 96 olympics and a few gay bars, but you knew that.

“Indeed, even the most explicitly white supremacist groups are able to take advantage of America’s unregulated homeschooling climate. National Director of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan Thomas Robb is the driving force behind a group called White Pride Homeschool, the website of which points readers to HSLDA and to sources of homeschooling materials commonly used by evangelical homeschoolers, such as Bob Jones, the Advanced Training Institute and Accelerated Christian Education. As Stollar puts it, “white supremacists feel completely comfortable using mainstream resources in the Christian homeschooling world. That should tell you something is greatly wrong with many of the mainstream resources.”

Whether it appears in playboy or not doesn’t change what’s in the article, Stroop is a good writer who was raised extremely evangelical by the way.
So now all homeschoolers are automatically affiliated. That's nonsense. You put far too much stock in stereotypes.

Are you sure Stroop wasn't raised in a cult, like Rudolph (NC High school dropout)?

So now all homeschoolers are automatically affiliated. That's nonsense. You put far too much stock in stereotypes.

Are you sure Stroop wasn't raised in a cult, like Rudolph (NC High school dropout)?

All evangelicals are a cult so good question.

http://hsinvisiblechildren.org/when-homeschoolers-turn-violent/eric-robert-rudolph/

“She homeschooled Eric and his siblings except for one year when he attended ninth grade at Nantahala School. (During that one year attending school, he “wrote a class paper denying the Holocaust ever happened.”) In fact, Patricia said that she “was drawn to the [Christian Identity] group by the promise of home schooling.”

The Zone

Star
Now you are linking sites saying Christian Militias will take over the White House and genocide will ensue. Really? I know this is a conspiracy forum but not so much a far fetched fantasy site. Where are these Christian Militias you speak of?

elsbet

Superstar
All evangelicals are a cult so good question.

http://hsinvisiblechildren.org/when-homeschoolers-turn-violent/eric-robert-rudolph/

“She homeschooled Eric and his siblings except for one year when he attended ninth grade at Nantahala School. (During that one year attending school, he “wrote a class paper denying the Holocaust ever happened.”) In fact, Patricia said that she “was drawn to the [Christian Identity] group by the promise of home schooling.”
Bad people (those who prey on minors, for example) seek out situations that benefit them. That doesn't make those situations (eg- coaching little league, teaching) inherently bad, as well.

You know that.

Wigi

Veteran
I think you have a strange way to connect dots between right wing militias and 'christian militia'.
If I understand your reasoning based on the links you provided, when someone is from the right wing he must be a white christian?

It's a bit like saying 'you agree with the left therefore you're a pro-muslim antifa'.

We both know it's not that simple and if you think the right wing is full of 'christian militias' with rocket launchers and stuff ready to perpetrate terrorist attacks at least use unbiased websites who denounce all forms of terrorism. Including soft terrorism done by antifas.

Ps: Your 3rd link though...
I almost understand that disagreeing with leftism makes you an anti-government 'sovereign citizen' rooted in racism and anti-semitism. I didn't realize that VC turned mainstream.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
I homeschooled my son. I know many non Christian non right wing people who either have homeschooled or wish they could. When my daughter is school age I may or may not homeschoo her depending on our situation and her personality and individual needs.

But I’ve also conducted hundreds of abuse investigations and have seen how SOME homeschool families use homeschooling to hide what they are doing to their children from being discovered. The “schooling” they are getting is basically nonexistent.

Where are the white supremacists? They are everywhere if you look with your eyes open. I’m not entirely sure how you’ve never met one... what corner of this country do you live in if u don’t mind me asking? (Serious question) I’ve met white supremacists in glitzy New York and in the backwoods of West Virginia, plenty in Appalachian Pennsylvania but also quite a few in McMansion New Jersey.. they weren’t wearing white hoods with pitch forks but their ideology was more than apparant.

The Zone

Star
All I can say is I am very well traveled in the US and abroad at one time. I live in the outskirts of a large southeast area which should be ripe for Supremacists, yet I have seen one and he was laughed out of the parking lot by others one would think are rough around the edge white sups.

My point is that they are not nearly as prevalent in society as some act here and they wield little power. They are a very small fringe group whose numbers are diminishing. If they were as many as some act like here, you would see them in your hood. It just doesn't add up and to act like there are droves of them is just plain silly.

And I am far from naive and miss them. Now, there are racist people out there but even that does not automatically send you a group that thinks their own is best. I mean it is silly as hell to think White Christian Rebel Flag Waving rednecks are gonna come a huntin' ya.

People here want to imply conservatives are all racists. Yeah, right. Many on the left, on the other hand, remains loud and spoiled wanting everything for free, common sense be damned and I do see them protest in groups quite often in my neck of the woods and on campuses. Thankfully, I realize not all on the left are as crazy as some of the ones who go to extremes and act like big babies insulted by the air people breath.

justjess

Superstar
I never implied that...

But I live in a northern state with confederate flag waving (hung on their homes) rednecks who will be very blunt about their hatred of “nig****” so what exactly would you call that? I’ve seen/known them in every single northern state I’ve lived in, though the redneck part can be omitted for NY and N.J. the rest remains the same.

Is your only qualification for a white supremacist an actual lynching?

The Zone

Star
I never implied that...

But I live in a northern state with confederate flag waving (hung on their homes) rednecks who will be very blunt about their hatred of “nig****” so what exactly would you call that? I’ve seen/known them in every single northern state I’ve lived in, though the redneck part can be omitted for NY and N.J. the rest remains the same.

Is your only qualification for a white supremacist an actual lynching?
I call that the fringe and not normal. I am not saying they are not some, just that there are not many. There are blacks who hate whites, other races who hate other races, but hate for the most part, is something all races deal with. But then there are everyday people who look on all of them as idiots and I am one of those. I just think you and others spin their wheels on this mess. If they were so many, people here would come out to say so. White Sups are not going to convince a lot of folks to join these days. We are beyond that although they or other hate groups will never be 100% devolved. I know people who prefer to hang out with their race, but they do not spew hate. I know others who do not see color or culture.

How many of these so-called white supremacists veiled or not do you see on a daily basis? Sure, there are some, but come on, you have to search them out, go to other towns, a different neck of the woods etc. It is a very hollow argument on Captain's part to act like there are millions more than they are. It is a fantasy to think white supremacists have the power to take over D.C. and start killin' folks and I have said the last word I will on that for it is such a waste of time.