Religious Absurdities

justjess

Superstar
I call that the fringe and not normal. I am not saying they are not some, just that there are not many. There are blacks who hate whites, other races who hate other races, but hate for the most part, is something all races deal with. But then there are everyday people who look on all of them as idiots and I am one of those. I just think you and others spin their wheels on this mess. If they were so many, people here would come out to say so. White Sups are not going to convince a lot of folks to join these days. We are beyond that although they or other hate groups will never be 100% devolved. I know people who prefer to hang out with their race, but they do not spew hate. I know others who do not see color or culture.

How many of these so-called white supremacists veiled or not do you see on a daily basis? Sure, there are some, but come on, you have to search them out, go to other towns, a different neck of the woods etc. It is a very hollow argument on Captain's part to act like there are millions more than they are. It is a fantasy to think white supremacists have the power to take over D.C. and start killin' folks and I have said the last word I will on that for it is such a waste of time.
On a daily basis? Quite a few unfortunately... I don’t think they are going to take over dc and start killing people but I don’t think they’d care at all if someone did.

The two people who just signed as my references yesterday for a license I needed. Both loud and proud racists. My grandparents and two of my uncles. My nephew and his father. More than a handful of my husbands childhood friends. My best friends father and brother. Countless others I have had to deal with through work. None of them are ashamed of their views, all will occasionally make an exception for a real “black person” versus a “n****r* in their own words. Where this line is drawn is entirely unclear. Doesn’t really matter it’s still despicable. And I love many of them anyway (some of them I couldn’t give a fuck less about they just suck across the board) because the entirety of a person can’t be hung on one particularly repugnant aspect of their being no matter what it is.

I’m not harping on it. I barely ever mention it. I certainly don’t create the threads about it. But in a conversation all sides are allowed to participate, no?

"Kuwaiti academic Dr. Mariam Al-Sohel claims to have invented anal suppositories that “cure” homosexuality” by exterminating an “anal worm” that feeds on semen."
LOL

All I can say is I am very well traveled in the US and abroad at one time. I live in the outskirts of a large southeast area which should be ripe for Supremacists, yet I have seen one and he was laughed out of the parking lot by others one would think are rough around the edge white sups.

My point is that they are not nearly as prevalent in society as some act here and they wield little power. They are a very small fringe group whose numbers are diminishing. If they were as many as some act like here, you would see them in your hood. It just doesn't add up and to act like there are droves of them is just plain silly.

And I am far from naive and miss them. Now, there are racist people out there but even that does not automatically send you a group that thinks their own is best. I mean it is silly as hell to think White Christian Rebel Flag Waving rednecks are gonna come a huntin' ya.

People here want to imply conservatives are all racists. Yeah, right. Many on the left, on the other hand, remains loud and spoiled wanting everything for free, common sense be damned and I do see them protest in groups quite often in my neck of the woods and on campuses. Thankfully, I realize not all on the left are as crazy as some of the ones who go to extremes and act like big babies insulted by the air people breath.
I have been to every state in this country save New England, CA, NV and HI and I’ve seen confederate flags in every single one of them. Every single one of them has at least one active militia group.

They have infiltrated the police

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/04/20/us/virginia-officers-white-supremacy/index.html

And the military

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2019/02/28/white-nationalism-remains-a-problem-for-the-military-poll-shows/

And numerous sheriffs office throughout the country.

White Supremscists have an online presence that dwarfs radical Islam.

It’s misleading to say that I think armed militias are going to overthrow the White House, but in the event of a crisis or national unrest or if Trump refuses to step down if not re-elected you can bet your ass they will be his brown shirts.

White middle class America even if not overtly racist would side with the worst kinds of monsters in order to maintain order and their comfort.

I don’t know what you’re talking about wanting everything for free. The rich in this country almost universally have it handed to them through inheritance and connections to get into elite institutions and be handpicked for corporate jobs. Those are the real parasites.

I’ve worked since I was 14. I worked 75 hours last week. I am a laborer for a small company that contracts with the railroads to collect used industrial batteries. I am the only white man on my crew and it’s obvious that I get treated different ( on average ) than they do by the people we interact with on the road.

Here’s the Portland PD working with fascists and they are hardly alone.

https://www.wweek.com/news/courts/2019/02/14/texts-between-portland-police-and-patriot-prayer-ringleader-joey-gibson-show-warm-exchange/

William S. Lind is far from a “fringe” conservative. Steve King is an open white nationalist in Congress. This forum is infested with white nationalists. Don’t tell me it’s fringe. It’s the norm in conservative politics.

DevaWolf

Veteran
Bad people (those who prey on minors, for example) seek out situations that benefit them. That doesn't make those situations (eg- coaching little league, teaching) inherently bad, as well.

You know that.
If they are such small parts of the faith and minorities, why do they always win the elections in such cases? Shoudln't the majority opposing such ideas win them?

elsbet

Superstar
If they are such small parts of the faith and minorities, why do they always win the elections in such cases? Shoudln't the majority opposing such ideas win them?
As though only little league coaches would vote to keep little league going, rather than all the people who participated and benefited from it? Really?

Lisa

Superstar
The ultimate goal, Wiles believes, is to bring more people to Satan.
God is “watching these Luciferians destroy this planet, destroy the animal kingdom, destroy the plant kingdom, change human DNA,” Wiles said. “Why? They want to change human DNA so that you can’t be born again.”

Eh?

anyone noticing a pattern yet?

Anti-LGBTQ Tennessee Republican resigns after he’s busted for trolling for young men on Grindr
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/07/anti-lgbtq-tennessee-republican-resigns-after-hes-busted-for-trolling-for-young-men-on-grindr/
Conversion therapy organization founder comes out as gay: 'Please forgive me'
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/09/04/mckrae-game-founder-conversion-therapy-group-comes-out-gay/2210789001/

...as if the pattern was not already obvious. People are shown the mirror over & over, as many times as needed until the lesson finally clicks.