Regular Jewish prayers being held daily on Temple Mount

Thunderian

Superstar
When the Temple is built, the prayers and sacrifices offered there will be spiritually meaningless, just as all things offered to God without belief in Jesus Christ are meaningless.

I feel like some people don’t understand that.

Israel is being regathered by God for judgement. That’s another thing that seems to miss people. Don’t make the mistake of thinking the present state of the nation of Israel resembles it’s final disposition. Israel still needs to accept Jesus Christ, and that’s not going to happen for a good while still. It is with a sense of dread that I watch these events.

In the meantime, Israel’s preservation as a people and their rebirth as a nation can only be attributed to the hand of God, as laid out in his word. The existence of Israel is a bona fide miracle. I’m unsure why anyone who’s a believer would resist these ideas so strongly, when they are so consistent with scripture, and only add to God’s glory with each fulfilled promise.

TokiEl

Superstar
You're right that this wouldn't make sense if the god of the Jews and the God of Christ are one and the same.
Right.

The third temple and reinstitution of animal sacrifice would be an affront or abomination to God... like sodomi which is ripe in the Holy land. So i don't see how some cities will survive... the approaching Apocalypse.

TokiEl

Superstar
When the Temple is built, the prayers and sacrifices offered there will be spiritually meaningless, just as all things offered to God without belief in Jesus Christ are meaningless.

I feel like some people don’t understand that.

Israel is being regathered by God for judgement.
After the Holocaust jews are being regathered for another Holocaust ?

In Ezekiel 36 - 38 we can in hindsight see prophecies fulfilled... like in ch 36 God's promise to regather Israel and a hint to the Holocaust in the last two verses. And in ch 37 the aftermath of the Holocaust where what is left of Israel are dry bones and lost hopes... but God reanimates them. And in ch 38 Iran and gang attempt to invade Israel.

Ch 38 has not happened yet... but Iran is mobilising and Russia is there and Turkey. It's the next event and we are seeing it unfold before our eyes. This will probably not be a regional war only... but a global shoot out between the various powers.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
The Application to Prophecy

The greatest book about prophecy, the book of Revelation, talks about Mount Zion, Israel, Jerusalem, the temple, the Euphrates, Babylon, and Armageddon. Thus it is clear that Revelation uses the terminology of the Middle East in its prophecies. Yet what is happening right now all over planet Earth is that sincere Christians are automatically applying these prophecies to literal places in the Middle East and to the modern nation of Jews. Yet once we grasp the New Testament principles, we should be able to see that there is "something wrong with this picture." It is like seeing error messages pop up on our computer screens! The truth is that Revelation centres around Jesus Christ and God's Israel in the Spirit, not the Israel of the flesh!

Never forget that "they are not all Israel, which are of Israel." Romans 9:6. "For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh." Philippians 3:3.

Share with others the truth that now "there is neither Jew nor Greek, ... for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." Galatians 3:28, 29.

Let us not live in the flesh or accept popular, convoluted teachings that focus on an earthly state. Rather, let us live in the Spirit. Like Jacob of old, let us wrestle in prayer and cling to Jesus until by faith we hear Him say, "Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed." Genesis 32:28. Shalom!

Thunderian

Superstar
After the Holocaust jews are being regathered for another Holocaust ?
Yes.

Read Zechariah 13, particularly the following verses:

8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

That chapter repeats the phrase “in that day”, and is referring to the Day of the Lord, a period of time that will include what’s known as the Tribulation, and the second advent of Jesus Christ.

During the Tribulation, Satan will make war against the children of Israel — Revelation 12 covers this — but Jesus Christ will protect and preserve a remnant through this time. However, the verses from Zechariah give us an idea of how big that remnant will be. Only one out of every three Jews will survive what’s to come, and that’s why there’s a sense of dread in me as I am watching what is taking place. This is all prelude to another Holocaust.

A Freeman

Superstar
Why would anyone think there's going to be a third temple built on Mt. Moriah when the Bible itself says that isn't going to happen?

Wasn't the destruction of the first two Temples, i.e. Solomon's Temple c. 588 BC and Herod's Temple c. 70 AD, a clear enough message that God isn't interested in any more of them?

Israel is being regathered by God for judgement. That’s another thing that seems to miss people. Don’t make the mistake of thinking the present state of the nation of Israel resembles it’s final disposition. Israel still needs to accept Jesus Christ, and that’s not going to happen for a good while still. It is with a sense of dread that I watch these events.
That is called the GREAT TRIBULATION in Revelations when all hell breaks lose on Israel, But it will also be a time of a multitude of all nations that will accept Christ through the preaching of the 144,000 anointed Jews.

Why would anyone think there's going to be a third temple built on Mt. Moriah when the Bible itself says that isn't going to happen?

Wasn't the destruction of the first two Temples, i.e. Solomon's Temple c. 588 BC and Herod's Temple c. 70 AD, a clear enough message that God isn't interested in any more of them?
That might be the way many gentiles feel, but God did not say He would make them a nation again because they deserved it, but because to amplify His own name among the nations. (Ezek. 36:21-25)

A Freeman

Superstar
That might be the way many gentiles feel, but God did not say He would make them a nation again because they deserved it, but because to amplify His own name among the nations. (Ezek. 36:21-25)
You do understand that the "House of Israel" is NOT the same as the Jewish state in the LAND of Israel today, right? The House of Israel and the House of Judah are prophesied to only be reunited when Christ is their King (Ezek. 37:15-28).

Thunderian

Superstar

But the Bible refers to a future Temple. There is one prophecy in particular — Daniel 9:27 — which is referenced by Jesus Christ in the Olivet discourse, that takes a third Temple in the last days as a matter of fact. Jesus, of all people, would have known if the building of this prophesied Temple was negated by scripture.

So how can you say the Bible says there won’t be a Temple? What scripture do you use for that view?

Thunderian

Superstar
You do understand that the "House of Israel" is NOT the same as the Jewish state in the LAND of Israel today, right? The House of Israel and the House of Judah are prophesied to only be reunited when Christ is their King (Ezek. 37:15-28).
Read Romans, and understand Paul’s view of Israel, and then think about whether this argument makes any sense.

A Freeman

Superstar
But the Bible refers to a future Temple. There is one prophecy in particular — Daniel 9:27 — which is referenced by Jesus Christ in the Olivet discourse, that takes a third Temple in the last days as a matter of fact. Jesus, of all people, would have known if the building of this prophesied Temple was negated by scripture.

So how can you say the Bible says there won’t be a Temple? What scripture do you use for that view?
The prophecy in Daniel 9:27 has nothing to do with building a third temple. In fact, it specifically refers to the franchising of man-made temples all over the world (by their various names, e.g. churches, synagogues, mosques, etc.) as "the overspreading of abominations He shall make [it] desolate".

With regard to the Scripture in support of this view, please see the following is an excerpt from the article "Christian Zionism For Dummies", which addresses this myth in detail.

A Third Man-Made Temple? Be serious.

When king David asked God if he could build a house for Him to live in, God answered:

“Shalt thou build Me an house for Me to dwell in? Whereas I have NOT dwelt in [any] house since the time that I brought up the children of Israel out of Egypt, even to this day, but have walked in a tent and in a tabernacle. In all [the places] wherein I have walked with all the children of Israel spoke I a word with any of the tribes of Israel, whom I commanded to feed My people Israel, saying, Why build ye not Me an house of cedar (2 Sam 7:4-7)?”

God, Who created everything, is NOT a man, nor the son of man (Num. 23:19, John 4:24), and thus has no need for a physical house. He lives in the hearts and minds of everyone that invites Him in to live with them, so He can teach them how to be good (like God).

Why do you think the PEOPLE were referred to as the “House” of Israel and the “House” of Judah? The people, whom God created, were to be His House, NOT some man-made building. And why do you think the symbolic place of God was initially a tent/tabernacle? Because a tent/tabernacle can easily be taken with you wherever you go.

However, because king “David” had been God’s “well-beloved” servant, and to serve as a lesson to mankind, God decided to allow David’s son, Solomon, to build Him a house (temple), on Mt. MORIAH, where Abraham had taken Isaac, to offer him as a sacrifice to God, centuries before.

That temple, or church, is the ONLY one that God has EVER given man permission to build, and it is Satan and his priests (who blasphemously claim to work for God) who have built ALL the others, of EVERY denomination (Matt. 6:5-6, Sura 7:55, Sura 9:107-109).

And what did God ultimately do with that temple? After it became a den of thieves, as ALL man-made temples eventually do, Solomon’s Temple was DESTROYED not once but TWICE; the second time so utterly that there wasn’t so much as one stone left upon another (Matt. 24:1-2). This was to leave NO DOUBT that God does NOT dwell in temples made with human hands (Satan and his priests do – 2 Thess. 2:3-5, 2 Cor 11:13-15).

Any Christian who believes that the “Wailing-Wall” in Jerusalem is part of The Temple is calling Jesus a liar and is, by definition, antichrist.

Acts 7:48
7:48
Howbeit the most High dwelleth NOT in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
7:49 Heaven [is] My throne, and Earth [is] My footstool: what house will ye build Me? saith the Lord: or what [is] the place of My rest?
7:50 Hath not My hand made all these things?

Acts 17:24-25
17:24
God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that He is Lord of heaven and Earth, dwelleth NOT in temples made with hands;
17:25 Neither is worshipped with men’s hands, as though He needed any thing, seeing He giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

The third “temple” is, and ALWAYS has been, SPIRITUAL
as it says repeatedly throughout Scriptures.

The Spiritual Meaning of Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Revelation 11:19 And the Temple of God was opened IN HEAVEN, and there was seen in His Temple the “(lost) Ark of His Covenant”: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Revelation 14:17 And another angel came out of the “Temple” which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.

Revelation 16:17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the Temple of heaven, from the Throne, saying, It is done.

Revelation 21:1-2, 21-23
21:2
And I John saw the Holy City, “New Jerusalem”, coming DOWN from God OUT OF HEAVEN, prepared as a Bride adorned for her husband.
21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the Tabernacle of God [is] with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, [and be] their God.

21:21 And the twelve gates [were] twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the City [was] pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
21:22 And I SAW NO TEMPLE THEREIN: FOR THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY AND THE LAMB ARE THE TEMPLE OF IT.
21:23
And the city had no need of the Sun, neither of the Moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb [is] the Light thereof.

It is arrogance that blinds one to their own ignorance, in this case of the Scriptures. How could someone possibly think God wants us to build another physical temple with human hands when they have a 100% fail rate on this planet? God has already destroyed it twice. How many times does He need to do it until you “get it”? Every single one of them (churches, synagogues, mosques, temples, etc.) has been built without His permission and then used to enrich a handful of greedy, evil so-called “religious” leaders (criminals really) at the expense of everyone else, teaching satanic materialism (“crime pays”) instead of Godliness and “self” sacrifice (Matt. 6:24, Luke 9:23).

Solomon’s Temple was supposed to be a reminder of OBEDIENCE to God onlyand SACRIFICE for the common good. Instead, it was turned into a money-making scam and then used as the business model to franchise them everywhere.

These priests, pastors, rabbis, imams, etc., are “the blind leading the blind” exactly as Christ warned us (Matt. 15:13-14). If they were not blind they would be terrified to be priests. Do you really think people would be so anxious to build another FAKE temple to Satan, if they could see the truth that any attempt to build another temple WILL BE reduced to ashes, along with its supporters (see Jer. 23:1-5, Eze. 34:1-10, 23, Mal. 4, Matt. 6:1-8, Matt. 23, Sura 7:55, Sura 9:107-109)?

We need to purify our own temples through obedience to God (Deut. 30:15-20), discipline (the hallmark of Discipleship) and self-sacrifice (Luke 9:23, Gal. 2:20) to make them fit for spiritual habitation. Obedience and self-sacrifice are the pillars of God’s TRUE temple. Why do you think every body has a temple on either side of their head? So that God can dwell between them. How obvious does it have to be, before you “get it”?

1 Corinthians 3:16-20
3:16
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
3:17 If any man defile the Temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the Temple of God is holy, which [temple] ye are.
3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
3:20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are worthless.

1 Peter 2:4-8
2:5
Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a SPIRITUAL house, an holy channel, to offer up SPIRITUAL sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the Scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief Corner-Stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth him shall not be confounded.

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the Temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, [which is] New Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and [I will write upon him] my NEW name.

There is only one Temple that needs building, and fortunately for all of us, the Chief-Cornerstone of it has already been laid on a SURE foundation.

Thunderian

Superstar
The prophecy in Daniel 9:27 has nothing to do with building a third temple. In fact, it specifically refers to the franchising of man-made temples all over the world (by their various names, e.g. churches, synagogues, mosques, etc.) as "the overspreading of abominations He shall make [it] desolate".

With regard to the Scripture in support of this view, please see the following is an excerpt from the article "Christian Zionism For Dummies", which addresses this myth in detail.

A Third Man-Made Temple? Be serious.

When king David asked God if he could build a house for Him to live in, God answered:

“Shalt thou build Me an house for Me to dwell in? Whereas I have NOT dwelt in [any] house since the time that I brought up the children of Israel out of Egypt, even to this day, but have walked in a tent and in a tabernacle. In all [the places] wherein I have walked with all the children of Israel spoke I a word with any of the tribes of Israel, whom I commanded to feed My people Israel, saying, Why build ye not Me an house of cedar (2 Sam 7:4-7)?”

God, Who created everything, is NOT a man, nor the son of man (Num. 23:19, John 4:24), and thus has no need for a physical house. He lives in the hearts and minds of everyone that invites Him in to live with them, so He can teach them how to be good (like God).

Why do you think the PEOPLE were referred to as the “House” of Israel and the “House” of Judah? The people, whom God created, were to be His House, NOT some man-made building. And why do you think the symbolic place of God was initially a tent/tabernacle? Because a tent/tabernacle can easily be taken with you wherever you go.

However, because king “David” had been God’s “well-beloved” servant, and to serve as a lesson to mankind, God decided to allow David’s son, Solomon, to build Him a house (temple), on Mt. MORIAH, where Abraham had taken Isaac, to offer him as a sacrifice to God, centuries before.

That temple, or church, is the ONLY one that God has EVER given man permission to build, and it is Satan and his priests (who blasphemously claim to work for God) who have built ALL the others, of EVERY denomination (Matt. 6:5-6, Sura 7:55, Sura 9:107-109).

And what did God ultimately do with that temple? After it became a den of thieves, as ALL man-made temples eventually do, Solomon’s Temple was DESTROYED not once but TWICE; the second time so utterly that there wasn’t so much as one stone left upon another (Matt. 24:1-2). This was to leave NO DOUBT that God does NOT dwell in temples made with human hands (Satan and his priests do – 2 Thess. 2:3-5, 2 Cor 11:13-15).

Any Christian who believes that the “Wailing-Wall” in Jerusalem is part of The Temple is calling Jesus a liar and is, by definition, antichrist.

Acts 7:48
7:48
Howbeit the most High dwelleth NOT in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
7:49 Heaven [is] My throne, and Earth [is] My footstool: what house will ye build Me? saith the Lord: or what [is] the place of My rest?
7:50 Hath not My hand made all these things?

Acts 17:24-25
17:24
God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that He is Lord of heaven and Earth, dwelleth NOT in temples made with hands;
17:25 Neither is worshipped with men’s hands, as though He needed any thing, seeing He giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

The third “temple” is, and ALWAYS has been, SPIRITUAL
as it says repeatedly throughout Scriptures.

The Spiritual Meaning of Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Revelation 11:19 And the Temple of God was opened IN HEAVEN, and there was seen in His Temple the “(lost) Ark of His Covenant”: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Revelation 14:17 And another angel came out of the “Temple” which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.

Revelation 16:17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the Temple of heaven, from the Throne, saying, It is done.

Revelation 21:1-2, 21-23
21:2
And I John saw the Holy City, “New Jerusalem”, coming DOWN from God OUT OF HEAVEN, prepared as a Bride adorned for her husband.
21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the Tabernacle of God [is] with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, [and be] their God.

21:21 And the twelve gates [were] twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the City [was] pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
21:22 And I SAW NO TEMPLE THEREIN: FOR THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY AND THE LAMB ARE THE TEMPLE OF IT.
21:23
And the city had no need of the Sun, neither of the Moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb [is] the Light thereof.

It is arrogance that blinds one to their own ignorance, in this case of the Scriptures. How could someone possibly think God wants us to build another physical temple with human hands when they have a 100% fail rate on this planet? God has already destroyed it twice. How many times does He need to do it until you “get it”? Every single one of them (churches, synagogues, mosques, temples, etc.) has been built without His permission and then used to enrich a handful of greedy, evil so-called “religious” leaders (criminals really) at the expense of everyone else, teaching satanic materialism (“crime pays”) instead of Godliness and “self” sacrifice (Matt. 6:24, Luke 9:23).

Solomon’s Temple was supposed to be a reminder of OBEDIENCE to God onlyand SACRIFICE for the common good. Instead, it was turned into a money-making scam and then used as the business model to franchise them everywhere.

These priests, pastors, rabbis, imams, etc., are “the blind leading the blind” exactly as Christ warned us (Matt. 15:13-14). If they were not blind they would be terrified to be priests. Do you really think people would be so anxious to build another FAKE temple to Satan, if they could see the truth that any attempt to build another temple WILL BE reduced to ashes, along with its supporters (see Jer. 23:1-5, Eze. 34:1-10, 23, Mal. 4, Matt. 6:1-8, Matt. 23, Sura 7:55, Sura 9:107-109)?

We need to purify our own temples through obedience to God (Deut. 30:15-20), discipline (the hallmark of Discipleship) and self-sacrifice (Luke 9:23, Gal. 2:20) to make them fit for spiritual habitation. Obedience and self-sacrifice are the pillars of God’s TRUE temple. Why do you think every body has a temple on either side of their head? So that God can dwell between them. How obvious does it have to be, before you “get it”?

1 Corinthians 3:16-20
3:16
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
3:17 If any man defile the Temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the Temple of God is holy, which [temple] ye are.
3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
3:20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are worthless.

1 Peter 2:4-8
2:5
Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a SPIRITUAL house, an holy channel, to offer up SPIRITUAL sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the Scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief Corner-Stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth him shall not be confounded.

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the Temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, [which is] New Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and [I will write upon him] my NEW name.

There is only one Temple that needs building, and fortunately for all of us, the Chief-Cornerstone of it has already been laid on a SURE foundation.
You need to try and keep up. No one here is saying that the third Temple will be sanctioned by God or of any use spiritually. I’m pretty sure I already made that point, so you really have no excuse. It’s simply taken as fact by Jesus and others that the Jews will build it. God hasn’t told them to and he has no use for it.

A Freeman

Superstar
Read Romans, and understand Paul’s view of Israel, and then think about whether this argument makes any sense.
Actually Paul did do a nice job of explaining that the ten "lost" tribes of Israel would be blinded to their true identity until the "treading down of Jerusalem by the Gentiles" was fulfilled (which happened on 9 December 1917, when British forces under Gen. Allenby put an end to Turkish Edomite rule over Jerusalem).

Romans 11:24-25
11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural [branches], be grafted into their own olive tree?
11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness (as to their true identity) is happened to part of Israel (the ten "lost" tribes - the House of Israel), until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
11:26 And so all Israel (the holy people) shall be saved (see Daniel 12:7): as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away unGodliness from Jacob (Israel):

A Freeman

Superstar
You need to try and keep up. No one here is saying that the third Temple will be sanctioned by God or of any use spiritually. I’m pretty sure I already made that point, so you really have no excuse. It’s simply taken as fact by Jesus and others that the Jews will build it. God hasn’t told them to and he has no use for it.
Before you tell others they should try to keep up, you should actually take the time to read what was shared with you. The Scriptures make it crystal clear that the counterfeit Jews that are currently occupying the land of Israel will NOT build a third temple no matter how hard they try.

It doesn't mean they won't try, only that they will NOT be successful. Or did you miss that in the Scriptures you skimmed over?

A Freeman

Superstar