Regarding Ghosts

Chara

Rookie
I’m curious if anyone here believes in ghosts. While I’ve never seen one, I do like ghost stories, and I’ve known a number of people who have ghost experiences. My father has always been apparently a bit of a ghost magnet, and one time he came home from the night shift at the refinery he worked at ranting about how he’d seen a figure with glowing red eyes floating around the place at 3 AM. My ex boyfriend swore his apartment was haunted (I never noticed anything; but I also didn’t live with him). There’s whole podcasts where people call in to discuss their ghost experiences.

What, if anything, do you think it is? Actual ghosts? Paranoia? Someone playing pranks? Or something else? I’d be interested to hear your theories.

Shuna

Star
I’m curious if anyone here believes in ghosts. While I’ve never seen one, I do like ghost stories, and I’ve known a number of people who have ghost experiences. My father has always been apparently a bit of a ghost magnet, and one time he came home from the night shift at the refinery he worked at ranting about how he’d seen a figure with glowing red eyes floating around the place at 3 AM. My ex boyfriend swore his apartment was haunted (I never noticed anything; but I also didn’t live with him). There’s whole podcasts where people call in to discuss their ghost experiences.

What, if anything, do you think it is? Actual ghosts? Paranoia? Someone playing pranks? Or something else? I’d be interested to hear your theories.
I love ghost stories.

On the other hand, your father's ghost is defined as a Shadow People. A black mass, a flow by very precise, or in the shape of a person, with a black hat or in a tight combination, and obviously with red eyes.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Ghosts, past life regression, spiritualism, reincarnation, aliens....

It still amazes me that for each example, there is a well rehearsed account ready and waiting to ensnare a credulous person...

My mum had a friend who had lost a much loved Alsatian dog. Visiting a spiritualist church in despair, she was greeted by a well meaning person who told her that her friend was happy and safe and patted an invisible dog on the head. Past life regressions often reveal key details that would only be known to a select group of people. During alien abductions, there seem to be common messages coming through about who we were seeded millennia ago, they have been watching us and are standing by to help us in the next leap of evolution.

Now they might all be true accounts of a rich, unknown spiritual landscape or simply complex stories spun by demonic beings to entice and confuse people, and lead them away from the plain truth...

Hebrews 9:27 King James Version (KJV)

27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

polymoog

Superstar
i believe in them. in my opinion, its not an entity per se-- it is a psychic imprint left by an emotionally charged event.

i had visited a historic site years ago. a tour guide took me around the place, and no one else was there. i left the building as the tour guide began to close up, and turned back to look at the place. i saw in the window the arm of a person wearing a white frilled sleeve on a blue jacket (as was the fashion in the 18th and 19 centuries) in front of the curtains. i was absolutely speechless watching it, even though it was only for a few seconds before the arm moved away from the curtain.

Dalit

Star

Red eyes would indicate a demon to me. I'd stay far away from that or rebuke it in the name of Jesus.

Yet I do think I was given a dream to let me know that my deceased aunt (suicide) was with God and at peace. In the dream, she was happy and peaceful.

However, I've seen odd shadows a couple of times before. I wouldn't go looking for those types of experiences though. An abundance of caution is good.

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
I really like the antics of a guy that lives in idonesia and hunt pocongs at night to hit them with sticks and other stuff.

Scars512

Established
I'm not sure if I believe or not. I've had an experience that I would say counts as a ghost encounter, but I don't really know if it was just my imagination/fear or an actual thing. Other people in the house had similar experiences, so I tend to think there is something real there -- but I didn't try to take photos or get evidence that it was actually real, so I can't say for sure that it wasn't just the product of paranoia.

I tend to agree with polymoog that it is most likely some kind of psychic imprint left behind. My mother had an experience where she found an old dog collar cleaning out a storage shed at the house she was renting and then later that night, she saw a ghost dog running around the house briefly, but it didn't seem to see her or pay her any attention. Maybe ghost sightings are nothing more than a type of time travel -- where you get a momentary glimpse of the past? Or if the whole world really is just a simulation, it might be a glitch where the new data didn't overwrite the old data properly and you end up with ghosts as some old fragmented data popping up from time to time?

But, I'm fascinated by ghost stories and love to read about things like that, even if I'm not sure there is any truth to things like that.

Camidria

Veteran
A Ghost is a demon pretending to be a particular human in order to confuse, manipulate and ensnare people. Demons will do everything in their power to make you believe the 'flavour' of untruth you most fancy.

They will follow someone around all their life and impersonate them in order to get people to talk to them (this creates an open door spiritually to further lead you away from God).
They will follow people around spreading lies in your mind about yourself and others, if you choose to see a spiritualist, they will reveal the things to that person that will manipulate you to continue doing the things that will drag you down, you will think 'wow how does this person know all these things' - chances are the if it was a thought you have, the demon gave the thought to you, if it is a situation no one knows about that is repeated to you - it was just the demon observing the situation and telling the spiritualist.

The book of Enoch was found intact and validated with the Dead Sea scrolls in 1946, it has this to say about the origin of demons.
The book of Enoch that was part of the bible before the Roman Catholics decided to take it out:

But now the giants who are born from the [union of] the spirits and the flesh shall be called evil spirits upon the earth, because their dwelling shall be upon the earth and inside the earth. Evil spirits have come out of their bodies. Because from the day that they were created from the sons of God they became Watchers: their first origin is the spiritual foundation. They will become evil upon the earth and shall be called evil spirits. The dwelling of the spiritual beings of heaven is heaven; but the dwelling of the spirits of the earth, which are born upon the earth, is in the earth. (1 Enoch 15:8-10)

This also ties is nicely with what the Bible says:
When men began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. Then the Lord said, "My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal; his days will be a hundred and twenty years." The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown. (Genesis 6:1-4)

A disembodied spirit of the Nephilim (union of humans and Fallen Angels), who have been here for thousands of years, knowing how a human works and how to manipulate us after observing behavior for a very long time, knows exactly how to read body language and which buttons to push to help you believe anything except the truth.

People cannot become ghosts, your soul and your spirit sleeps until Jesus comes back.

No wonder many people who reject God even when they see the evidence, still choose to listen to the demon whispering in their ear rationalizations - and believe them. The manipulation goes far and wide and deep!

Swiftturtle

Established
I’ve had weird experiences with spirits, on both sides. I was raised in a (wonderful) Christian home (non-denominational), and I first experienced demons/ghosts as a child. When you have Christ inside, they can’t possess you, but they will prey on the weak (baby Christians, fence sitters, children) and try and scare/oppress them. My parents would come in when I screamed and rebuke them by the blood of Jesus.

Fast forward and I’ll still see them on random occasions, but being filled with the Holy Spirit, covered by the blood of Jesus, and I mention His name, bc He’s greater, and the flee. There was an apt complex I lived in that a little girl ghost would randomly show beside me. I knew ‘her’ name, and she’d pretend to be tender, but I’d plead the blood and say to leave and ‘she’ would. However, I had to start telling friends about her when they’d visit bc if they weren’t Christians, a weird thing would happen if they teased me that she didn’t exist and I was being nuts. I had an atheist friend visit and I said ‘she can’t touch me, but you don’t believe in Jesus’ protection, and if you mock me and say I’m crazy, you’ll wake up with tiny bruises all over your legs in fingertip clusters.’ She teased me...and woke up with the bruises on her legs. I’ve never seen her speechless. I just said ‘told you.’

My favorite time was the clearest angel appearance. A friend and I were leaving our apt and I had a seizure. We were near the back gate in the huge empty back parking lot surrounded by nothing. When I came to, she was screaming and crying, and I was the same, and I opened my door for air. Suddenly a man was crouched by the door out of nowhere and the incredible peace of the Holy Spirit saturated the area and immediately calmed us down, and he said “(my name), it’s okay, you’re okay” and smiled. My roomie and I both turned to each other for a split second in shock, looked back, and he wasn’t there and the parking lot was empty. She’s not a Christian, but even she was like ‘oh my gosh...that was an angel...’

skepticemia

Rookie
I used to volunteer as an IT administrator in a local primary school here in Ireland. As I also had a day job, often I would find myself in there late at night because naturally I would need to spend some time with my family, eat something, maybe nap a little before I could take time to go into the school and look at some issues for them. The building is old, built in the 1800's, it was owned by the christian brothers but later transferred to the state in the 90's I believe. To the best of my knowledge, it always was a school.

Having been a volunteer there for 10 years, I have been in and out of the building at strange times, however most of them at night and some stretching until 1am or even 2am if I was running a refresh on all the systems. During that 10 years I certainly got spooked a lot, everything from hearing noises, to actually having to check the playground at 1am because I could hear lots of children playing outside, a sound commonly heard there every day during school hours. I am not someone who is scared or unnerved easily, I personally think I am OK with hearing stuff, but I do think I would flip out if I seen something, which is why I put up with it for so long.

The building itself is a very large building, but the strange activity only happens in a certain section of the building which is the junior area of the school. Most of the classes located there would be for kids aged 5-7.

The strange activity I was most used to be the sounds of kids playing in the playground at night as I mentioned, and also the part of the hallway which connected with this section of the building, always felt like a curtain of ice. To explain this a little better, as I reach the end of the hallway to that part of the building, I nearly always feel like I am walking through a blanket or curtain of ice, I instantly became cold, like I just walked into a walk-in freezer, and the hairs would stand on the back of my neck, but the rest of the section was fine, normal room temperature etc. It had an odd feeling, almost like you were being watched.

The final straw for me and the reason why I had to quit volunteering was this:

Along the long hallway leading down to that area of activity, there are class photos stretching back to the 1800s, and I never really paid any attention to any of them in all the years I was there volunteering. One day about 3 yrs ago I started to hear whispers, which were not uncommon and heard them before, nothing bad, just like someone is next to you saying "hey" or "look over there". Anyway, I heard a voice telling me "look over there" and I felt myself being drawn to a specific photo frame, as I looked at the photo my eyes went straight for a specific person (out of 20+) and the persons face was familiar to me. After looking at the name list under the photo, It was my dad's brother who had passed away maybe 12 months prior. I had never seen that photo before, I wasn't even aware he attended that school as a kid.

What I could never really understand is why or how I was moved to that specific photo frame and my eyes were put right on that part of the photo first time. It was like something was controlling me and that really scared me.

While the person in the photo had been deceased about 12 months prior to the incident, I was hearing stuff and feeling things for 9 years there, which makes me think, there is something more to that building (specifically that section of the building) that allows a force or energy that I simply don't understand.

There have been other incidents there too over the years. One summer there was an electrician doing some work in the same section of the building where all the activity takes place. He was in one morning early to do some work and (while i wasn't there myself to witness it) I was told he left the building as white as a sheet and refused to come back — we later found out that he had seen what was described as red eyes in the attic space.

Both the school caretaker and I have had other unusual experiences, such as doors being open when we know for sure we closed them. Things randomly falling off shelves, doors slamming, computer mouse cursors moving all over the screens and TV's turning on by themselves.

I have shared all of the above with a few people, the school headmaster knows about it and while he was a little surprised, he wasnt entirely shocked, he didn't give me the "you are crazy lecture" I had expected. The caretaker of the school does believe me, especially about the feelings you get in that part of the building at night. The headmaster had asked me to not make it widely known (I had talked about asking a local paranormal group to come in some night just to experience it) because he feared it would attract a reputation with the school and parents.

So that is my own experience, if its ghost worthy or not, I am not sure.

Vytas

Star
I’ve had weird experiences with spirits, on both sides. I was raised in a (wonderful) Christian home (non-denominational), and I first experienced demons/ghosts as a child. When you have Christ inside, they can’t possess you, but they will prey on the weak (baby Christians, fence sitters, children) and try and scare/oppress them. My parents would come in when I screamed and rebuke them by the blood of Jesus.

Fast forward and I’ll still see them on random occasions, but being filled with the Holy Spirit, covered by the blood of Jesus, and I mention His name, bc He’s greater, and the flee. There was an apt complex I lived in that a little girl ghost would randomly show beside me. I knew ‘her’ name, and she’d pretend to be tender, but I’d plead the blood and say to leave and ‘she’ would. However, I had to start telling friends about her when they’d visit bc if they weren’t Christians, a weird thing would happen if they teased me that she didn’t exist and I was being nuts. I had an atheist friend visit and I said ‘she can’t touch me, but you don’t believe in Jesus’ protection, and if you mock me and say I’m crazy, you’ll wake up with tiny bruises all over your legs in fingertip clusters.’ She teased me...and woke up with the bruises on her legs. I’ve never seen her speechless. I just said ‘told you.’

My favorite time was the clearest angel appearance. A friend and I were leaving our apt and I had a seizure. We were near the back gate in the huge empty back parking lot surrounded by nothing. When I came to, she was screaming and crying, and I was the same, and I opened my door for air. Suddenly a man was crouched by the door out of nowhere and the incredible peace of the Holy Spirit saturated the area and immediately calmed us down, and he said “(my name), it’s okay, you’re okay” and smiled. My roomie and I both turned to each other for a split second in shock, looked back, and he wasn’t there and the parking lot was empty. She’s not a Christian, but even she was like ‘oh my gosh...that was an angel...’
Are guardian angels biblical though ? If it literally means messenger, do we have examples where they do anything else ? I'm not doubting your story, crazier things happen everyday...But for real do angels appear like that and do we have evidence ?

Shuna

Star
I love ghost stories.

On the other hand, your father's ghost is defined as a Shadow People. A black mass, a flow by very precise, or in the shape of a person, with a black hat or in a tight combination, and obviously with red eyes.
I forgot to put, a link (an article in French) quite interesting here:
http://www.blog-chaman-esoterisme.com/2018/12/l-envoutement-d-amour-via-le-grand-rituel-de-triple-egregore.html
He talks about Egrégores, for my blog, I do research in a more scientific terms and in a historical idea and in the subject "Houses, furnitures and objects Illuminati" I even connected it to a ritual, that the Freemasons, performs at every meal.

Swiftturtle

Established
Are guardian angels biblical though ? If it literally means messenger, do we have examples where they do anything else ? I'm not doubting your story, crazier things happen everyday...But for real do angels appear like that and do we have evidence ?
I’ve heard ppl encountering them in various ways...at that exact moment,if I’d seen an angel in the spirit, I prob would’ve had an actual heart attack- I was screaming my head off from having a seizure- and my roommate didn’t believe in that stuff, so she would’ve been screaming if it was in spiritual realm form, if she even saw it. Or, if the angel had come and only I had seen it in the spirit, how would I convince my roomie, that didn’t believe in that stuff, after I’d just had a violent seizure? I think the form it came in was for many of those reasons. There’s no way for him to have gotten to the car unnoticed bc my roommate was crying looking straight at me/the open door, he was just suddenly ‘there’, and so was the most indescribable peace, like a bucket of the Holy Spirit. I’d never ‘met’ the ‘guy’, but he said my name w/incredible love. There was a literal second that my roommate and I looked at each other, and turned back and he was gone. It was the back side of the huge apt complex we lived in, in an affluent area of the city, so we had huge walls and gates on all sides, and he wouldn’t have been able to get all the way back to any area from that parking lot without needing a solid 6-7 seconds. We immediately looked everywhere and he wasn’t anywhere. I was immediately thinking ‘that was an angel in a way I’ve never seen’ when my non-believer roommate vocally said ‘omgosh....that had to...that was...an angel’. It wasn’t just the quick appear/disappear, the weight of the Holy Spirit was so thick as soon as he said my name that it immediately shut us both up and it was like a light switch of pure peace. I’ve encountered demonic spirits, and you immediately feel their oppressive, hopeless energy

Vytas

Star
I’ve heard ppl encountering them in various ways...at that exact moment,if I’d seen an angel in the spirit, I prob would’ve had an actual heart attack- I was screaming my head off from having a seizure- and my roommate didn’t believe in that stuff, so she would’ve been screaming if it was in spiritual realm form, if she even saw it. Or, if the angel had come and only I had seen it in the spirit, how would I convince my roomie, that didn’t believe in that stuff, after I’d just had a violent seizure? I think the form it came in was for many of those reasons. There’s no way for him to have gotten to the car unnoticed bc my roommate was crying looking straight at me/the open door, he was just suddenly ‘there’, and so was the most indescribable peace, like a bucket of the Holy Spirit. I’d never ‘met’ the ‘guy’, but he said my name w/incredible love. There was a literal second that my roommate and I looked at each other, and turned back and he was gone. It was the back side of the huge apt complex we lived in, in an affluent area of the city, so we had huge walls and gates on all sides, and he wouldn’t have been able to get all the way back to any area from that parking lot without needing a solid 6-7 seconds. We immediately looked everywhere and he wasn’t anywhere. I was immediately thinking ‘that was an angel in a way I’ve never seen’ when my non-believer roommate vocally said ‘omgosh....that had to...that was...an angel’. It wasn’t just the quick appear/disappear, the weight of the Holy Spirit was so thick as soon as he said my name that it immediately shut us both up and it was like a light switch of pure peace. I’ve encountered demonic spirits, and you immediately feel their oppressive, hopeless energy
Spirits can pretend to be beings of light no problem. There are many sects following them...The way he said your name, sounds familiar, many people claim divine experiences like that... But they aren't Biblical as far as I know.
Bucket of holy spirit, good one haha.

Swiftturtle

Established
Spirits can pretend to be beings of light no problem. There are many sects following them...The way he said your name, sounds familiar, many people claim divine experiences like that... But they aren't Biblical as far as I know.
Bucket of holy spirit, good one haha.
They absolutely do try- Satan is the OG copycat. However, that’s where discernment through a relationship with Christ comes into play. Also, it would be a little silly for a demonic spirit to show up pretending to be an angelic spirit to calm the chaos and know the glory would go to God.;) I also have a relationship where I seek Christ, and know when I feel the Holy Spirit around me, bc it’s also in me. Real recognizes real..ha..I wouldn’t have felt internal, unexplainable peace of it was a conflicting spirit with the one in me.

I definitely see that for any long term stuff, there are ppl who believe their ‘“angelic” spirit guide’ that they always see and makes them ‘filled with light’ is an angelic being, bc they don’t follow scripture and test the spirit- which the Bible explicitly says to do. We’re supposed to plead the blood of Jesus, and ask them if they believe Jesus Christ is the only truth and salvation. Demons take advantage of esp. New Age ppl bc they don’t know they’re supposed to test the spirit, or how to. If I weren’t a Christian, or even if I believed in Jesus, but didn’t read His Word and know to test a spirit, I probably would’ve thought the little girl ghost- that presented herself as ‘tender, sweet, and not threatening’ was an angelic spirit. The test was the first thing I did, and I was right that it wasn’t a Godly spirit. If Christians equip themselves to know how to test spirits, and realize that Christ in us (not us, but through the Holy Spirit that is in us) means we have the power and control. I immediately plead the blood of Jesus, rebuked the spirit, and told it that I didn’t fear it, bc I know it can’t harm me- I’m covered by the blood of Jesus. And, it didn’t. But I was aware of it, and I literally warned any guest that came in for a reason about that experience. The ones that basically said ‘yah, ok, suuuure’ always believed me later. When they were told ‘you’ll wake up with little tips of fingers bruises’, and they did, it’s hard to say ‘yah, ok, suuure’ again. If a spirit can’t get to you, of course the easiest way to try by proxy is to mess in your life with ppl you love that don’t believe in the blood of Jesus.
“Beloved, do not believe every spirit, BUT TEST THE SPIRITS, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.” (1 John 4:1-4)

2 Corinthians 11:13-15
For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

Aero

Superstar
Yes, I believe in ghosts. But I tend to think of them in a more logical sense.

Those who are computer savvy understand that nothing on a computer really gets deleted. Well, the same is probably true for our living spirits. Plus the law of energy conservation says that energy cannot be created or destroyed.

It's all pretty cut and dry if you ask me. Energy can only be transformed or transferred. In that sense, I don't think anyone really dies, they are simply passing from one state to another. Furthermore, I don't think there's such a thing as a trapped spirit. I think that some people are just more sensitive to picking up or channeling different energies.

Of course, I'm no expert on channeling. It seems like channeling other people does nothing. Channeling a ghost though always seems to do something. The same goes for animals too, but I haven't figured it all out yet. My guess is that a human isn't a powerful symbol in the unconscious world. A ghost or tiger elicits a completely different response, I mean these are scary things to our minds. You know? Regular old JOE from K-mart isn't very frightening.