Refugee children in Sweden falling into coma-like states on learning their families will be deported

Etagloc

Superstar
A sad story from the good people at the Independent http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/refugee-children-sweden-coma-like-states-families-deported-uppgivenhetssyndrom-resignation-syndrome-a7662126.html

Refugee children in Sweden are falling into coma-like states on learning their families will be deported

Resignation syndrome, or uppgivenhetssyndrom, has been diagnosed in 60 children this year

"In 2016, 60 children were diagnosed with the syndrome, which sees patients rendered “totally passive, immobile, lacks tonus, withdrawn, mute, unable to eat and drink, incontinent and not reacting to physical stimuli or pain,” according to medical journal Acta Pædiatrica.

The children are left bedridden or have to be moved in wheelchairs and feeding must be done through a tube.

Tests which gained a response from people in comas did not work on the afflicted children, but other exercises showed they suffered no brain damage.

It was described by some doctors as “willed dying” and often occurred after families were denied asylum status and thrown into uncertainty.

A similar phenomenon was observed in Nazi concentration camps, the New Yorker reported, in prisoners who had effectively lost all hope and given up."

Victoria

Rookie
Trauma. When stimuli becomes overwhelming, such as during torture or sexual abuse, the body will shut down to protect itself until it is safe again. They have an extremely high risk of developing Dissociative Identity Disorder and PTSD, if they do not have it already. Schizophrenia can also show up as psychogenic catatonia in rare cases.

It's psychogenic in nature, but it is by no means not serious.

I went through it a few times. I was, to outside observers, "unconscious" and catatonic for hours. But inside my head I was still there and every once in awhile my vision would turn wild colours like a computer monitor does when you shake its 9-pin cable. I had no control over it.

I really do hope these children get the therapy and treatment they deserve. It's going to take decades to help them put into perspective the horrors they've witnessed.

starviego

Rookie
Cry me a river. You don't have the right to plant yourself in someone else's homeland and live off the sweat of the native inhabitants. It was a huge mistake to let all these refugees in in the first place.

elsbet

Superstar
Trauma. When stimuli becomes overwhelming, such as during torture or sexual abuse, the body will shut down to protect itself until it is safe again. They have an extremely high risk of developing Dissociative Identity Disorder and PTSD, if they do not have it already. Schizophrenia can also show up as psychogenic catatonia in rare cases.

It's psychogenic in nature, but it is by no means not serious.

I went through it a few times. I was, to outside observers, "unconscious" and catatonic for hours. But inside my head I was still there and every once in awhile my vision would turn wild colours like a computer monitor does when you shake its 9-pin cable. I had no control over it.

I really do hope these children get the therapy and treatment they deserve. It's going to take decades to help them put into perspective the horrors they've witnessed.
The horrors in their native countries?

Sweden is pretty amazing from what I've read.

Etagloc

Superstar
Cry me a river. You don't have the right to plant yourself in someone else's homeland and live off the sweat of the native inhabitants. It was a huge mistake to let all these refugees in in the first place.
so I should cry for you? :D:D:D

Forget these refugee children- I should feel bad for you?

Lol. You're not special.

You conveniently ignore that its the West that creates these problems. So the West is having problems itself? Its always good to see more proof of God.

starviego

Rookie
From the link:
"Many of those afflicted with uppgivenhetssyndrom are not victims of the current crisis, but from former Soviet states. Many are from minority groups, such as Roma gypsies."

"Gypsies." In other words, professional scamsters trying to hold on to all the free sh**. I am sure the thought of being cut off from the gravy train is what is causing all the grief. It's time for the West to stop being such virtue-signaling snowflake libtard wussies.

Etagloc

Superstar
From the link:
"Many of those afflicted with uppgivenhetssyndrom are not victims of the current crisis, but from former Soviet states. Many are from minority groups, such as Roma gypsies."

"Gypsies." In other words, professional scamsters trying to hold on to all the free sh**. I am sure the thought of being cut off from the gravy train is what is causing all the grief. It's time for the West to stop being such virtue-signaling snowflake libtard wussies.

I'm sure they called him all sorts of insults in his day.

starviego

Rookie
"It.... often occurred after families were denied asylum status"

Why would Sweden deny them refugee status? Because they are not refugees. They are just tired of living in some wretched hovel with a dirt floor and having to bathe out of a bucket of cold water, and will happily lie on their applications if that means getting hooked to the gravy train. They should house these types next door to all the bleeding hearts to whom virtue-signalling is the most important thing. They'll soon learn what idiots they are.

Last edited:

Vixy

Star
This is indeed happening and is called apathy. They say the kids give up and go apathic due to a hopeless situation. Haven't heard of any cases being fake so far but I don't know too much about it. This has been going on for at least 10 years. Could be the parents telling the kids to do it so they get a better chance of staying but I don't know. I could ask a friend who works with refugees though. He's one of the few working, honest honest guys from the middle east, so he'd tell the truth.

Last edited:

Vixy

Star
If the West doesn't want refugees then it should stop creating refugees :D

It's not rocket science.
Just a idea but the refugees COULD also stop bringing their war with them to our countries so our police departments and justice system isnt overloaded with crime. ;) I see why they have bombed their own countries down since they come here and can't even stay friends in a new country. Theyre bombing down our country aswell now with car fires and apartment explosions. Where will we all go when they have bombed the whole world, huh? :p No europe, no western world, no arabic world, no asian world. Hey1 Maybe they can bomb and blow up the moon then? What a great idea! And then we can move to mars and bomb that one too! Yeeeei! Lets make war a way of life since it's sooo much fun! :D:D:D

elsbet

Superstar
It was not insufficient, I just wanted to make another point...
Another?
It's the title of the thread, Mecca. :D

Refugee children in Sweden falling into coma-like states on learning their families will be deported

What's your point?
Figuring out yours. The redundancy is a mystery. o_O

SkepticCat

Veteran

They will put their children in rafts and sail across the Mediterranean which can end fatally for themselves and their children. Also, I'll just quote the OP again because I hope you didn't understand what it said the first time:

“totally passive, immobile, lacks tonus, withdrawn, mute, unable to eat and drink, incontinent and not reacting to physical stimuli or pain,”
You have a point, though: the problem is they should have never been let in. It should have been made clear right from the beginning that any refugees would be turned back.

It's about people failing to take responsibility, on all parties. The people in their indigenous nation don't depose their corrupt governments, creating situations these refugees want to flee from, and the West destroys many of these nations with wars because voters there fail to acknowledge how absurd the social system and the wealth inequality is and that rulership has been coopted by this criminal occult political elite.

The problem, in short, is the sheer stupidity and short-sightedness of people like those cheering when Trump talks about MakeAmericaGA by expanding the already absurdly bloated US military budget, failing to comprehend both how 1) weapons of war are much more expensive (and less efficient) as a means of ensuring domestic security and tranquility than care packages for these destroyed nations (you can support a lot of humanitarian work for the cost of one stealth fighter) and 2) how even if such policies benefit them locally (in the short term) these other people will suffer from their actions, directly or indirectly. In short, it is about failing to adhere to the golden rule of treating others as you would have them treat yourself. There's a good reason that rule is universally valued.

It's also why it makes my blood boil that people are so effin dense they can't figure out this 'Illuminati' system actually exists. If we could get rid of these sicko occultists destroying everything and waging wars just to stuff their already filled-to-the-brim own coffers and pursue these insane dark agendas we could divert those freed-up resources to help rebuild these failed/destroyed nations. Peaceful, constructive solutions. But, alas, even people that should know better are just too dim and/or too egotistical to realize what game is on even when it's literally staring them in the face.

$21 Trillion Missing – U.S. Government a Criminal Enterprise – Catherine Austin Fitts

https://usawatchdog.com/21-trillion-missing-u-s-government-a-criminal-enterprise-catherine-austin-fitts/

The single best thing that could happen to the world is intelligent, good-hearted people being placed in positions of power. That could drain the swamp in a way that actually works. There was one who tried.

Last edited: