Red Heifer Birth Paves Way For Renewed Temple Service

Serveto

Star
Another interesting angle on the woman of Caanan...

Question: "Why did Jesus call the Canaanite woman a dog?"

Answer: In Matthew 15:21–28, Jesus encounters a Canaanite woman who begs Him to cure her daughter. Jesus initially refuses her request by saying, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs” (Matthew 15:26). Taken out of context, and especially in English, it’s easy to mistake this for an insult. In the flow of the story, however, it’s clear Jesus is creating a metaphor meant to explain the priorities of His ministry. He is also teaching an important lesson to His disciples.

Jews in Jesus’ day sometimes referred to Gentiles as “dogs.” In Greek, this word is kuon, meaning “wild cur” (Matthew 7:6; Luke 16:21; Philippians 3:2). Non-Jews were considered so unspiritual that even being in their presence could make a person ceremonially unclean (John 18:28). Much of Jesus’ ministry, however, involved turning expectations and prejudices on their heads (Matthew 11:19; John 4:9–10). According to Matthew’s narrative, Jesus left Israel and went into Tyre and Sidon, which was Gentile territory (Matthew 15:21). When the Canaanite woman approached and repeatedly asked for healing, the disciples were annoyed and asked Jesus to send her away (Matthew 15:23).

At this point, Jesus explained His current ministry in a way that both the woman and the watching disciples could understand. At that time, His duty was to the people of Israel, not to the Gentiles (Matthew 15:24). Recklessly taking His attention from Israel, in violation of His mission, would be like a father taking food from his children in order to throw it to their pets (Matthews 15:26). The exact word Jesus used here, in Greek, was kunarion, meaning “small dog” or “pet dog.” This is a completely different word from the term kuon, used to refer to unspiritual people or to an “unclean” animal.

Jesus frequently tested people to prove their intentions, often through response questions or challenges (see John 4:16–18; and 4:50–53). His response to the Canaanite woman is similar. In testing her, Jesus declined her request and explained that she had no legitimate expectation of His help. The woman, however, lived out the principle Jesus Himself taught in the parable of the persistent widow (Luke 18:1–8). Her response proved that she understood fully what Jesus was saying, yet had enough conviction to ask anyway (Matthew 15:27). Jesus acknowledged her faith—calling it “great”—and granted her request (Matthew 15:28).

So, according to both the context and language involved, Jesus wasn’t referring to the Canaanite woman as a “dog,” either directly or indirectly. He wasn’t using an epithet or racial slur but making a point about the priorities He’d been given by God. He was also testing the faith of the woman and teaching an important lesson to His disciples.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Canaanite-woman-dog.html
Thank you. I think it's a great story, or record, even without the Greek word analysis and technical apologetics. To me, it's yet another variation on a continuing theme of Jesus' breaking with Jewish tradition, that is, the tradition of the predominant Jewish sects of the time (and some now), by freely associating with, and thus respecting, not only women, but, in this and the case of the Samaritan woman at the well, non-Jewish women also. Wow! Leaving all of the theology aside for the moment, I can imagine Him sort of pretending to ignore her, at first, thus giving her the type of treatment she probably had learned to both expect and accept, and then smiling when he called her the customary pejorative, "dog," or "pet dog" as the case may be. She, in turn, knew she was in safe, unusual company, and responded with not only great faith, as Jesus said, but also a great deal of quick wit, and thus endeared herself to Him which ultimately resulted in the healing of her troubled daughter. "What manner of man is this," his disciples once asked, apparently mystified, and I couldn't agree with them more.

Last edited:

Daciple

Star
Evidently, in Jesus' time, the genocide of the Canaanites wasn't quite complete because a Canaanite woman, or "woman of Canaan," approached Jesus and impressed him with her faith. There is no mention, as I read it, of her being a giant or giantess.
May I ask have you personally read the account of the conquest of Canaan?

If not or if it has been awhile you may want to re read it, as it is clearly shown that not all areas were to be annihilated, there were some that were given the option to surrender and to become part of the nation. Also later they had land taken back because they didnt fulfill their end of the Covenant, just as they eventually had it taken away all together for rejecting the Messiah.

I say that because not all of the Canaanities were Giants or of the bloodline of the Giants, only the areas that God specifically commanded them to totally annihilate were of that bloodline. It is interesting to see the connection and once I understood this it opened my eyes to why God would command such a thing.

Here is an article from Dr Michael Heiser whom has extensive knowledge on Ancient Languages and Near East Culture, that explains it in detail:

http://drmsh.com/the-giant-clans-and-the-conquest/

Daciple

Star
Yes, but in Sunday School, or not long afterwards in Christian boarding school, years ago :). To say that I may have either overlooked or forgotten certain relevant sections and have since been operating on my sometimes admittedly short temper and fiery temperament is an understatement. Thanks for the link. I will read it and maybe stop being so impressed with, and easily influenced by, Thomas Paine.

By the way, I haven't forgotten that I want to continue with you concerning our discussion of the Essenes, but I have been traveling a lot lately and have been absent. When I have posted, it has been on subjects which don't require as much research. On second thought, it is on subjects which don't seem to require as much research.
No worries, I dont have much time to devote here as well, but any topic you want to discuss just let me know I am always happy to discuss with you!

TokiEl

Superstar
Are you implying that Palestinians, including the many Christians among them, are Canaanites, or residue of Canaan, and that they should be finally exterminated to make way for a Jewish ethnocracy? Maybe Jesus should have acted as the IDF and shot and killed that evidently fertile, last of the Canaanite women, who had a sick daughter, instead of befriending her and your and the disciples of the late Meir Kahane's "problem" would be solved.
It's a matter of biblical fact that God commanded the Israelites to kill everybody in the conquest of Canaan. A clean sweep and a blank canvas in Canaan so the Israelites would not mingle with them and learn their witchcraft. But they did not obey God and that was their downfall then... and a continued conflict today.

Thunderian

Superstar
The bible is replete with figurative language so how can we insist otherwise? I believe Edom to be a figure for all those who have sold their (spiritual) inheritance, just like "their" progenitor, Esau. (Hebrews 12:16-17). Everyone who has/is trading their eternal inheritance for worldly allurements. Jesus told the Jews that they had Satan for a father because of their actions. There is such a thing as a spiritual father.
Satan is the father of all liars, not just Jewish ones. :)

Daciple

Star
It's a matter of biblical fact that God commanded the Israelites to kill everybody in the conquest of Canaan. A clean sweep and a blank canvas in Canaan so the Israelites would not mingle with them and learn their witchcraft. But they did not obey God and that was their downfall then... and a continued conflict today.
No they were not called to kill everyone in Canaan only certain areas, the ones that are linked to the Giants and the Bloodline of the Giants from the mixing of Angels and Men recorded in Gen 6. Go read the link I provided for exact details.

From the Bible:

Deut 20:10 When thou comest nigh unto a city to fight against it, then proclaim peace unto it.
11 And it shall be, if it make thee answer of peace, and open unto thee, then it shall be, that all the people that is found therein shall be tributaries unto thee, and they shall serve thee.
12 And if it will make no peace with thee, but will make war against thee, then thou shalt besiege it:
13 And when the Lord thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword:
14 But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the Lord thy God hath given thee.

15 Thus shalt thou do unto all the cities which are very far off from thee, which are not of the cities of these nations.

Deut 21:10 When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the Lord thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive,
11 And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife;
12 Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house, and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails;
13 And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife.

14 And it shall be, if thou have no delight in her, then thou shalt let her go whither she will; but thou shalt not sell her at all for money, thou shalt not make merchandise of her, because thou hast humbled her.

Clearly God didnt command them to murder everyone or else there wouldnt be these commands concerning making peace or letting the women go ect. Now of course there were certain areas that God told them to annhilate as in kill everything breathing, but again that is all 100% related to the bloodline of the giants.

Karlysymon

Superstar
When one points to the severity of God during the conquest of Canaan one must also mention the giants in that area. For some reason the Israelites did not destroy all the Canaanites in the West Bank and Gaza... and that proved problematic for them then and today.
The problem with this, is that you and others who believe this cannot furnish one clear verse about God telling the Israelites to wipe out the Canaanites (haven't yet red Daciple's link) because they carried Nephilim blood. To the best of my knowledge, over and over, this is the reason given;

Thou shalt not do so unto the LORD thy God: for every abomination to the LORD, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods.Deut 12:29-32

The Israelites were given the same treatment and ejected from the Promised land for the same reason (2 Chronicles 36:16-21)

Besides, as its often claimed that the Nephilim gene survived the Flood, it only stands to reason that there would be carriers, not only in Christ's time but ours aswell. Unfortunately, i've never seen nor heard of Palestinians in the 10-13feet+ range of height. Clearly, the NBA would have caught on to it and already sent scouts ;)

In this day and age, it would be akin to God saying: wipe out everyone who has DARPA's 47th chromosome. How are my genes a salvational issue? If iam obedient to God, all the while carrying questionable DNA,is that really important in the grand scheme of things? Like that one thing negates everything else?

@Daciple
I haven't read the topic recently aswell but the Gibeonites come to mind (Joshua 9), who survived annihilation by way of deception.

Thunderian

Superstar
There it is again, just as I stated... your method of debate is to ignore the points brought up to you, give a base general dismissal and offer little to no rebuttal...
I ignore a lot of what you say because I don't want to dignify it with a response. :)

Forgot to add be demeaning about everything as well. I am not being a simpleton, I am showing why your statement about Jesus reading the Bible literally is incorrect. I gave a few examples and of course you dont address the Scriptures I showed. The most obvious is the Stone or Rock, which if we do as you say you do, then we would NOT be looking for Jesus instead we would be looking for a literal rock.
I call you a simpleton because for the purpose of your argument, you're pretending that similes don't exist -- that God can only be literal, or spiritual. You have to be a simpleton to believe that. Would you rather I just call you a heretic?

Nothing in that Scripture directly hints that it ought to be read as figurative, but still we know it should be, why? Because Jesus and the Apostles did. They didnt read it as literal and this is what you are saying they always did.
Do you not remember when the disciples were arguing over who among them would be greater in the coming kingdom? What kingdom were they speaking of, if not the literal one that Jesus preached about, and that Isaiah, Ezekiel, and others foretold? You just keep saying it's a spiritual kingdom, but throughout the Bible, everyone is talking about it like it's a literal thing.

As for Jesus stopping in that Scripture, are you going to tell me that Jesus didnt fulfill the rest of what I quoted?
He didn't quote the entire passage, but what he did quote was accurate.

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Jesus says he was sent to do all those things, and he did.

The rest of the passage, everything from the day of vengeance of our God, has not taken place yet.

z gharib

Veteran
is this, a record of Disraeli's actual political activities and viewpoint ...
a fiction but.......

Disraeli as Political Egotist: A Literary and Historical Investigation
Not many statesmen of world renown have had reputations as accomplished novelists. Benjamin Disraeli (1804-81) was a novelist who wanted to become a politician, a great politician. He succeeded and, in so doing, challenged his biographers to make connections between his thought, as expressed in his numerous political writings and novels, and his actions, as evidenced by his career as a leading Conservative politician in Victorian England. Disraeli's novels were like masks. Whatever the story line, whatever the configuration of main characters, the ambitious Disraeli, hungry for recognition, can be found somewhere inside. His psychology, his values, his objectives all can be discovered with greater or lesser facility in his novels. The writings of Disraeli the novelist serve as an instrument to penetrate the facade of Disraeli the politician.
The political novel allows the reader to experience political constructs in context......................

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/journal-of-british-studies/article/disraeli-as-political-egotist-a-literary-and-historical-investigation/1A277FD68DFD15829A4FA4527F223757

Karlysymon

Superstar
No they were not called to kill everyone in Canaan only certain areas, the ones that are linked to the Giants and the Bloodline of the Giants from the mixing of Angels and Men recorded in Gen 6. Go read the link I provided for exact details.

From the Bible:

Deut 20:10 When thou comest nigh unto a city to fight against it, then proclaim peace unto it.
11 And it shall be, if it make thee answer of peace, and open unto thee, then it shall be, that all the people that is found therein shall be tributaries unto thee, and they shall serve thee.
12 And if it will make no peace with thee, but will make war against thee, then thou shalt besiege it:
13 And when the Lord thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword:
14 But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the Lord thy God hath given thee.

15 Thus shalt thou do unto all the cities which are very far off from thee, which are not of the cities of these nations.

Deut 21:10 When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the Lord thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive,
11 And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife;
12 Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house, and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails;
13 And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife.

14 And it shall be, if thou have no delight in her, then thou shalt let her go whither she will; but thou shalt not sell her at all for money, thou shalt not make merchandise of her, because thou hast humbled her.

Clearly God didnt command them to murder everyone or else there wouldnt be these commands concerning making peace or letting the women go ect. Now of course there were certain areas that God told them to annhilate as in kill everything breathing, but again that is all 100% related to the bloodline of the giants.
God to Abraham;
In the fourth generation your
descendants will come back here, for the sin of the Amorites has not yet reached its full measure."

What if it didn't reach its full measure and that they repented, would God still destroy them?

My understanding of this, is
that God, out of His goodness used the time from Abraham to the Israelites' sojourn in Egypt as probationary period for the Amorites and other clans. Clearly, they lost the lands because of sin (lawlessness). If Nephilim dna was such a big deal to warrant their annihilation, atleast God would have mentioned it to someone, somewhere but in promising Canaan to Abraham, God says nothing about compromised DNA, rather that sin would be their downfall. The Israelites were to the Canaanites what Nebuchadnezzer was to Judah.

Fullness of sin

TokiEl

Superstar

From the Bible:

16 But of the cities of these people, which the Lord thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth:
17 But thou shalt utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the Lord thy God hath commanded thee:
18 That they teach you not to do after all their abominations, which they have done unto their gods; so should ye sin against the Lord your God.

TokiEl

Superstar
The problem with this, is that you and others who believe this cannot furnish one clear verse about God telling the Israelites to wipe out the Canaanites (haven't yet red Daciple's link) because they carried Nephilim blood. To the best of my knowledge, over and over, this is the reason given;

Thou shalt not do so unto the LORD thy God: for every abomination to the LORD, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods.Deut 12:29-32

The Israelites were given the same treatment and ejected from the Promised land for the same reason (2 Chronicles 36:16-21)
There were Nephilim in Canaan and a lot of abominations... it could be that Nephilim had a natural affinity with witchcraft.

Besides, as its often claimed that the Nephilim gene survived the Flood, it only stands to reason that there would be carriers, not only in
Christ's time but ours aswell. Unfortunately, i've never seen nor heard of Palestinians in the 10-13feet+ range of height. Clearly, the NBA would have caught on to it and already sent scouts ;)

In this day and age, it would be akin to God saying: wipe out everyone who has DARPA's 47th chromosome. How are my genes a salvational issue? If iam obedient to God, all the while carrying questionable DNA,is that really important in the grand scheme of things? Like that one thing negates everything else?
Are you an apologist for Nephilim L0L ?

Serveto

Star
The Monarch and the Anglican church and the Aristocracy was and is one big criminal company.
You say "aristocracy." Does that include, as his title indicates, Lord Walter Rothschild, to whom British Foreign Secretary Arthur Balfour wrote his famous letter, known as the Balfour Declaration?

Last edited:

Serveto

Star
Of course.
I ask because it seems to me that if, as you say, the aristocracy is part of "one big criminal company," it would logically and necessarily follow that the establishment of the State of Israel itself, including its precursors in the British Mandate, etc., represented and initiated by the Balfour Declaration, was the result of an agreement reached among aristocratic criminals. That is not an opinion I have heard you very clearly state on this board. Is my logic sound? Is that what you are saying, or suggesting?

Last edited:

Karlysymon

Superstar
The Monarch and the Anglican church and the Aristocracy was and is one big criminal company.
Since as you said its one big criminal company, you prompted me to look around for the number of Jewish members in the House of Lords. This list is for both houses;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_Jewish_politicians

I didn't know the Milibands were Jewish, well until now. David Cameron did say he has Jewish ancestry (not on the list). Alan Sugar is a suprise aswell (Trump's British counterpart....as in The Apprentice & his billions).

TokiEl

Superstar
I ask because it seems to me that if, as you say, the aristocracy is part of "one big criminal company," it would logically and necessarily follow that the establishment of the State of Israel itself, including its precursors in the British Mandate, etc., represented and initiated by the Balfour Declaration, was the result of an agreement reached among aristocratic criminals. That is not an opinion I have heard you very clearly state on this board. Is my logic sound? Is that what you are saying, or suggesting?
Absolutely.

I've said it before that the elite thought the Jews were toast on Day 2 of their independence when the neighbouring Arab armies attacked in 1948. But somehow they survived that attack... and two more attempts in 1967 and 1973.

The elitist idea according to me was to round up the Jews in Israel and let the Arabs do the dirty work of annihilating them there.

But so far no cigar.

TokiEl

Superstar
Since as you said its one big criminal company, you prompted me to look around for the number of Jewish members in the House of Lords. This list is for both houses;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_Jewish_politicians

I didn't know the Milibands were Jewish, well until now. David Cameron did say he has Jewish ancestry (not on the list). Alan Sugar is a suprise aswell (Trump's British counterpart....as in The Apprentice & his billions).
An apologist for Nephilim and an accuser of Jews ?

Time to turn.

TokiEl

Superstar
I see, but I don't necessarily agree. That's an interesting, nuanced view, and, though I don't read very many threads on this board, I hadn't heard you so clearly state it. Thank you for answering.
You're welcome... and you don't agree ?

That's fine as well but if the elite really wanted peace in the Middle East... then they would not sit back and see if the Arabs would manage to invade Israel those three times. Anyway they seem to have been preparing and practising in Syria for a fourth attack against Israel... winter is coming ?