Recruitment?

RUSirius

It's considered obvious here and in other forums that the "Elite" are recruiting celebrities and others to serve their ends. How, exactly, is this recruitment accomplished, especially in popular media? Who approaches who? Do they monitor individuals with talent, or is "talent" manufactured from a pre-existing agreement? Barring families and such already involved (presuming such exist), how do they approach random Artist X or Actor Y and make the deal go down?

I ask this in full sincerity.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
It's considered obvious here and in other forums that the "Elite" are recruiting celebrities and others to serve their ends. How, exactly, is this recruitment accomplished, especially in popular media? Who approaches who? Do they monitor individuals with talent, or is "talent" manufactured from a pre-existing agreement? Barring families and such already involved (presuming such exist), how do they approach random Artist X or Actor Y and make the deal go down?

I ask this in full sincerity.
I think that it doesn't take a PhD in Psychology to discern when someone is willing to do ANYTHING to get "where they want to be". For the "gatekeepers" in the entertainment industry, I have no doubt they know what to look out for.

I watched this film a few years ago which gently made that point...