Recommended Movies, Tv Shows And Documentaries (please Dont Post Spoilers)

Carolyn

Star
Yeah I watched for a few minutes and stopped. That is why on the last forum I asked for the Christian version where can I get it?
if there were a christian version it would not be GoT or be in any way like it! Christianity also has its dark history too!

I get the impression that some people are terrified to watch certain things in case it somehow taints them. Except for the obvious fantasy elements of Game of Thrones its actually very realistic in how people thought and what society was like or at least very close to certain places and times in our history, there are many things taken from history. A lot of the sex stuff is also pretty realistic and it deals with things like prostitution, incest etc all things also that were commonplace in history too and still are to this day!

DesertRose

Superstar
A lot of the sex stuff is also pretty realistic and it deals with things like prostitution, incest etc all things also that were commonplace in history too and still are to this day!
Carolyn I protect my mind that does not mean I do not understand reality or history ...
I just do not want that stuff replaying whilst I am trying to pray or go about my daily life:)
Excuses but it would be like a mindworm or eye/visualworm.:)

Carolyn

Star
Carolyn I protect my mind that does not mean I do not understand reality or history ...
I just do not want that stuff replaying whilst I am trying to pray or go about my daily life:)
Excuses but it would be like a mindworm or eye/visualworm.:)
ah well each to their own, its a shame though it really is probably the most amazing tv show ever with the storylines and special effects, the battle scenes are so amazing too. I hope to try and read the books sometime but Im not sure if I want to before I see all of the tv show although I doubt the ending in the books will be published before the end of the show.

Daciple

Star
Tv Shows I enjoy and recommend:

Stranger Things (Netflix): I absolutely love this show, the throw back to the 80's and all the easter eggs and pop references are amazing. They took all my favorite themes of all my favorite movies as a kid and put them into an amazing show with an amazing cast and story. It clearly has occult themes to it, but I still love the show.

Mr. Robot: This show I think would be right down the alley of almost everyone here, basic plot, a hacker tries to end the world. Again amazing cast (has Christian Slater) amazing story one of if not the best shows on basic cable.

Black Mirror (Netflix): This is an insane show, but again one I think would appeal to many on this site. Each episode is its only contained story and all revolve around Technology and how reaching it is in our lives. Some of the stories are absolutely phenominal, so are good a few kinda suck, but I recommend watching them all. Some are such a mind screw, so good...

Ray Donovon (Showtime): This can be a rather graphic show, violence and sex galore, so one may want to steer from it if you highly dislike those things. I love Liev Schreiber and he is amazing in this series. It also has Jon Voight as his father and the dynamic between them is great. Basic plot, Ray is a Hollywood fixer and his family is from Boston with his father previously in the mob. The series is beginning to get stale, but the cast is so impressive. Jon and Liev are intense!!!

Better Call Saul: Follow up to Breaking Bad, it starts rather slow, but I do love Saul and Mike. Excited for next season. If you like Breaking Bad, then I highly recommend this. And of course Breaking Bad is top 3 shows ever but I am trying to list shows others havent mentioned or are not as popular.

Archer: Best Cable Anime TV show of all time, leaves South Park, Family Guy, Simpsons, ect in the dust. Archer is hilarious and I love how they are now moving him into different types of genres of the spy world, Miami Vice, 50's Detective, ect ect. I die laughing all the time.

Impractical Jokers: Speaking of funny, I truly believe this is the funniest show on TV, possibly the funniest show I have ever watched. Sitcoms can be funny, but I can not remember any show that causes me to laugh out loud so often. I can even watch an episode Ive seen 5 times and still die laughing. The stuff they force each other to do is hilarious, love this show.

The Leftovers (HBO): It has come to a close and it is only 3 season long but it is a strange weird trip. Basic plot, one day thousands of people disappear in scene similar to Pre Trib Rapture scenario. You are left to watch the lives of those who are left and how they deal with a world in which people are taken from them, as you wonder why and how its happened. Not especially keen on the ending but the story and characters upto that point were great.

Silicon Valley (HBO): Hilarious show concerning an upstart Tech company, TJ Miller hosts the company in his home, shenanigans ensue. Funny show.

Homeland (Showtime): The first 2-3 seasons are some of the best Ive ever watched. Claire Danes plays Carrie a government agent in the Terrorist Division of the CIA. Her performance is brilliant, I truly think Claire is psychotic after watching this, I've never seen anyone act like an insane person as believably as she does for Carrie. Has a stellar cast, gripping edge of your seat spy thriller.

Last Man On Earth: Its not the greatest show by any means but I have enjoyed it, stupid laughs to be had when you are bored or tired of intense thrillers ect...

There are so many other shows that I think are great many are Superhero shows such as:

Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage, (not a fan of Iron Fist), The Defenders is ok, Legion The Flash.

So I think that Legion is probably my favorite of these shows, its so unconventional, and not only is it superhero based its a mind screw and mystery at the same time. I love the cast and the plot is better so far than any of the other shows, you literally dont know what the heck is going on till the season is almost over, and that is a GOOD thing. Loved it, Daredevil season 2 is next in line then Jessica Jones, Daredevil season 1, The Defenders and finally Luke Cage. The action in Daredevil is movie level quality some of the fight scenes are the best ever done save GoT last season. The bad guy in Jessica Jones is probably the best bad guy in any show I have ever watched, loved him!!! The Flash is also great, didnt think I was going to like it but it is great, not as good as Legion, Daredevil or JJ, but I would put it above LC and TD.

Other shows I recommend, just no descriptions or in no particular order:

The Walking Dead (getting real old now tho)
Gotham
Shameless
House of Cards
Westworld
Fargo
Sherlock
Vice Principals
Always Sunny in Philly
New Girl
True Detective (Season 1)
Dexter
The Travelers
Bates Motel
Americans (I did get bored of it need to try and catch up tho)
White Gold ( So I am in sales, this is a British show about a salesman in the 80's and I love it!)
Psych
White Collar
Atypical
Snowfall (Top 3 best new shows this year)
6 Feet Under (Best Series Finale in the history of TV)
The Following
Newsroom
The Wonder Years (Yeah super old, one of the best shows ever)

Dozens more I could list, but that will give you a good idea of the shows I like and probably would keep most people busy for a year or so lol.

Decided to put this in this thread...

I have watched the 5th season of Cobra Kai a few days ago, and all I can say is that it is simply phenomenal. The writing, the acting, the perfect return of old 80s Karate Kid characters (who are all still alive, no CGI here) as well as the adequate introduction of new ones, make this probably one of the best show ever created. And Netflix isn't even promoting it. If you liked the first 3 Karate Kid movies, then you will most likely like this show as well. If you did not watch them/are too young, then I think it might be a good discovery. It's surely a lot more interesting than the usual wokeshows. It even has "diversity and inclusion" without trying to push it too hard.

Altered Carbon, most expensive scifi Netflix show produced. Got cancelled after 2 seasons because of plandemic and cost of production.

Story revolves around humans finding the key to immortality by storing an individual's memory/soul(I would not consider memories or brain data to be souls, so technically they are just copying brain data around in my estimation) in a device they call a "stack" which can be implanted after death in new bodies which are 3d "bio- printed" clones, that are called "sleeves" This technology which was found on other planets inhabited by aliens they call "Elders" was reversed engineered by humans and is available to anyone who can afford it. Interesting aspect of the story is that at the time period (around 2350) , there are still religious people around called "Neo-Catholics" who believe that this technology is an abomination and should not be used. The other side of the story shows that some humans called Meths (from Methusaleh, Bible's oldest character iirc) have basically obtained immortality by using their wealth to continually upgrade themselves and avoid permanent death (which can be done by "fragging" the stack). All sorts of sick perversions emerge from this like brothels where you can have prostitutes, kill them while promising them a better sleeve afterwards (consensual death, which is not counted as murder), snuff sex, torture VR where you can be tortured to death and be revived a bunch times, etc.

Overall a very good show which demonstrate pretty well what humanity would turn into if this tech was available to us. Not a very good view of transhumanism. But mentions some concepts that were explored in The Matrix movies like the nature of consiousness, gender identity (what happens when you put a female stack in a male body for example?), and the mind-body problem.

Mohammed_123

Veteran
Altered Carbon, most expensive scifi Netflix show produced. Got cancelled after 2 seasons because of plandemic and cost of production.

Story revolves around humans finding the key to immortality by storing an individual's memory/soul(I would not consider memories or brain data to be souls, so technically they are just copying brain data around in my estimation) in a device they call a "stack" which can be implanted after death in new bodies which are 3d "bio- printed" clones, that are called "sleeves" This technology which was found on other planets inhabited by aliens they call "Elders" was reversed engineered by humans and is available to anyone who can afford it. Interesting aspect of the story is that at the time period (around 2350) , there are still religious people around called "Neo-Catholics" who believe that this technology is an abomination and should not be used. The other side of the story shows that some humans called Meths (from Methusaleh, Bible's oldest character iirc) have basically obtained immortality by using their wealth to continually upgrade themselves and avoid permanent death (which can be done by "fragging" the stack). All sorts of sick perversions emerge from this like brothels where you can have prostitutes, kill them while promising them a better sleeve afterwards (consensual death, which is not counted as murder), snuff sex, torture VR where you can be tortured to death and be revived a bunch times, etc.

Overall a very good show which demonstrate pretty well what humanity would turn into if this tech was available to us. Not a very good view of transhumanism. But mentions some concepts that were explored in The Matrix movies like the nature of consiousness, gender identity (what happens when you put a female stack in a male body for example?), and the mind-body problem.
you are forgetting the main characters name in the show.

CO VAX

Simka

Established
A Simple Favor. Interesting crime thriller film. I found it in the Amazon Prime Video reviews on this website and decided to give it a try (mostly because Blake Lively plays one of the main heroes there ). Well, I can't say I'll watch it again, but this movie is not bad at all.

Last edited: