Recent entry of Dr David Woods

JoChris

Superstar
This video explained a lot about his background and insight into his psychopathy.

I watched it, was amazed at what God had brought him out of and how his life has been changed DESPITE remaining with all the psychological characteristics of a psychopath.
He definitely is born again but the clip explains his fearlessness and recklessness that I doubt few Christian evangelists have ever had.

If God can use a crackpot like him, he can definitely use us too, VC Christians. :D

Dalit

Star
This video explained a lot about his background and insight into his psychopathy.

I watched it, was amazed at what God had brought him out of and how his life has been changed DESPITE remaining with all the psychological characteristics of a psychopath.
He definitely is born again but the clip explains his fearlessness and recklessness that I doubt few Christian evangelists have ever had.

If God can use a crackpot like him, he can definitely use us too, VC Christians. :D
I love his testimony at a subway station video. He does kind of seem almost robotic or matter of fact. Still can't believe he came to Christ by competing with his Christian friend who fasted. Even after he got sick and was put in a psych ward, he kept fasting yet he read the Bible with the intent of refuting it. God can break the hardest hearts.

JoChris

Superstar
I thought of this bible passage after watching it:

2 Corinthians 4: 7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
11 For we which live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.
12 So then death worketh in us, but life in you.
13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;
14 Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.

I admire this crackpot leaking his hope for Muslims everywhere. Like him I want them to be saved and learn how much God loves them.

Lisa

Superstar
I agree but I think the problem of pride becomes a problem when you have success...and he is ramped up.
Isn’t that why Paul had the thorn?

Lisa

Superstar
With Paul wasn't punishment for pride, it was for prevention purposes. 2 Corinthians 12:7-10

David Woods does need our prayers that he is not tempted into pride.
Sure, I didn’t say it was for punishment, just that he had a thorn..David Woods doesn’t seem to have one and he’s ready to attack, idk if that’s a good thing or not. I’ve been in the position where Mr. Woods is..feeling a little cocky and undefeatable...bad combination there, or at least it ended up being a bad thing for me.

Vytas

Star
David Woods doesn’t seem to have one
Listen to the video JoChris posted, he doesn't need a thorn, man has his cup full, Job like.... And stoicism he is displaying...God equiped him for his life well.

Lisa

Superstar
Listen to the video JoChris posted, he doesn't need a thorn, man has his cup full, Job like.... And stoicism he is displaying...God equiped him for his life well.
I did watch it. He has some bad stuff yep, but he sounds like is this all? Is that it? And idk it just didn’t sit that well with me.

JoChris

Superstar
I did watch it. He has some bad stuff yep, but he sounds like is this all? Is that it? And idk it just didn’t sit that well with me.
I see the glass as half full.
The amount of personal tragedy and conflict this man has gone through - a combination of terrible choices and events etc he could not control - would have broken just about any normal human being.
Normal Christians would still get through it all because of God's love and guidance, but it would still take time to recover from grieving and support from other Christians would be needed to speed up the process.

Woods' near inability to feel emotional pain makes him able to recover almost instantly and even laugh off all the constant attacks from Muslisms. Who else would have the courage to create the series from last year called "Islamicize me"?

Lisa

Superstar
Woods' near inability to feel emotional pain makes him able to recover almost instantly and even laugh off all the constant attacks from Muslisms.
It kind of makes me wonder where his help comes from then. I’d be happier to hear that he needed God to help him through it all then to shrug and say, O well, now I’m coming for you guys..but maybe I can’t see the whole picture.

Have you watched that whole series?

JoChris

Superstar
It kind of makes me wonder where his help comes from then. I’d be happier to hear that he needed God to help him through it all then to shrug and say, O well, now I’m coming for you guys..but maybe I can’t see the whole picture.

Have you watched that whole series?
Yes, but I only heard about it last year (just as it was starting too so I saw the discussion episodes live!) because the old school Christian apologist Dr James White expressed his disapproval about how much it would offend the Muslims whom he proudly proclaims at every opportunity how much he is welcomed by them in their mosques for Christian-Muslim debates.

White has debated with Muslims over many years, and usually about **Christian** doctrine. Of course he is welcome - he never offends them and doesn't confront their doctrines etc head-on. His methods may have worked more effectively amongst Baby Boomer Muslims who have a little knowledge of Christian doctrine (so only the very educated Muslims would be interested in White's work) but they are absolutely useless for younger generations.

Years ago I had seen quite a few episodes Of White's RE Islam and like I said happened to see his criticisms of this new series, so I decided to check them out. Young YouTube apologists are for this generation for sure. Other than Christian Prince* (Christian expert on Islam) and Apostate Prophet ** (ex Sufi Muslim), Islam Critiqued (theologian focused on proving Islam's bible twisting) Acts 17 Apologetics is the best general exposer of Islam's ugly side I have ever seen online.

----
* https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCREm-7-ibgdtu_yMZYWYX0A
**https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzREuchzOqiawpEpvEM0Tyg
*** https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcKkCtaMM1wjY1BXyoW8_-w

Last edited:
Yes, but I only heard about it last year (just as it was starting too so I saw the discussion episodes live!) because the old school Christian apologist Dr James White expressed his disapproval about how much it would offend the Muslims whom he proudly proclaims at every opportunity how much he is welcomed by them in their mosques for Christian-Muslim debates.
Of the hipster Christians out there, White is definitely one of the more respectable ones. Not always agreeable but at least one is able to see that he thinks about things.

White has debated with Muslims over many years, and usually about **Christian** doctrine. Of course he is welcome - he never offends them and doesn't confront their doctrines etc head-on. His methods may have worked more effectively amongst Baby Boomer Muslims who have a little knowledge of Christian doctrine (so only the very educated Muslims would be interested in White's work) but they are absolutely useless for younger generations.
Too bad you look at the world from a missionary perspective rather than trying to seek truth. It comes down to if you are willing to let go of Christianity if more reasonable, logical and meaningful alternatives are offered to you - or if you retaliate at being challenged about your beliefs.

Other than Christian Prince
Once that man says one intelligent thing, I'll be impressed.

and Apostate Prophet ** (ex Sufi Muslim)
False, ex-Salafi (not Sufi, Sufis and Salafis are literally the opposite thing) and ex-ISIS affiliate.

Islam Critiqued (theologian focused on proving Islam's bible twisting)
Opposite for me, I've watched him and enjoyed some of his videos. Not because he is good at refuting Islam but rather that he is good at giving me material to work with. Most of what he says validates my model for Biblical reconstruction in relation to how the Bible and Talmud relate to the Revelation they build off, the Talmud originating from the Oral tradition from the actual Torah of Moses. (and as I've said countless times, there is no Direct Revelation in the Bible)

Acts 17 Apologetics is the best general exposer of Islam's ugly side I have ever seen online.
A POOL OF MURKY WATER, THAT'S RIGHT PEOPLE, A POOL OF MURKY WATER!

Yeah, he's great comedy, not scholarship but comedy. Funny guy.

Lisa

Superstar

Years ago I had seen quite a few episodes Of White's RE Islam and like I said happened to see his criticisms of this new series, so I decided to check them out. Young YouTube apologists are for this generation for sure. Other than Christian Prince* (Christian expert on Islam) and Apostate Prophet ** (ex Sufi Muslim), Islam Critiqued (theologian focused on proving Islam's bible twisting) Acts 17 Apologetics is the best general exposer of Islam's ugly side I have ever seen online.

----
* https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCREm-7-ibgdtu_yMZYWYX0A
**https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzREuchzOqiawpEpvEM0Tyg
*** https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcKkCtaMM1wjY1BXyoW8_-w
Thanks for the links, I’ve never seen any of those people. I have seen things by David Wood before but I can’t say that I’m a regular watcher.

JoChris

Superstar
Of the hipster Christians out there, White is definitely one of the more respectable ones. Not always agreeable but at least one is able to see that he thinks about things.
White is good for those who highly value civil discourse on at academic level and have hours to spend listening to debates.
White is not good at all for the average Joe who only wants summaries to understand Islam's own teachings and Muhammad himself.
Once that man says one intelligent thing, I'll be impressed.
Which episode/s have you watched?
When you ring up Christian Prince to educate him, please cut-and-paste the link here.
False, ex-Salafi (not Sufi, Sufis and Salafis are literally the opposite thing) and ex-ISIS affiliate.

See 0:30 onwards. Which version of Islam does he says he was a part of again?

White is good for those who highly value civil discourse on at academic level and have hours to spend listening to debates.
Yes.

White is not good at all for the average Joe who only wants summaries to understand Islam's own teachings and Muhammad himself.
Of course not, none of the people you mentioned are. White is a decent bloke though at least.

When you ring up Christian Prince to educate him, please cut-and-paste the link here.
Enough to know that he's a very anti-intellectual liar.

Yes, Ridvan is inconsistent with his backstory. I know this is his way of appearing more convincing to the average Joe who hasn't experienced or studied any of what he is speaking about (or noticed the contradictions in said backstory).
Ridvan was in fact a Salafi, which is why he had such a violent streak (notice that Ridvan isn't really that different from David Wood or Tommy Robinson. No wonder youtube promotes them though, lol).

Lisa

Superstar

At least he has a sense of humor about what he was involved in. Very informative..wonder what @AspiringSoul would say about him?

JoChris

Superstar
Enough to know that he's a very anti-intellectual liar.
Evidence please.

Yes, Ridvan is inconsistent with his backstory. I know this is his way of appearing more convincing to the average Joe who hasn't experienced or studied any of what he is speaking about (or noticed the contradictions in said backstory).
Ridvan was in fact a Salafi, which is why he had such a violent streak (notice that Ridvan isn't really that different from David Wood or Tommy Robinson. No wonder youtube promotes them though, lol).
https://apostateprophet.com/slander-muslims/
The ***man himself ***said he had been a Sufi.

Lisa

Superstar
About who? I think David hood is a lunatic still and knows he's got an ample supply of adoration from dumb Christians and feeding them the shit narratives they like to hear.
I thought maybe you could answer to what he says in the video, aren’t you a sufi muslim?