Random Thoughts

Lil axe

Veteran

Maes17

Superstar
lmao I was awarded a 1000 post trophy today!! Ive been here for 4 years lol and am only just reaching 1000 posts lol that has to be a record for the slowest accumulation of posts ever!! I deserve another trophy :p
That means you have a life

Tidal

Star
What's this thing called "work" that some of you are talking about?
I retired at age 60 and have been free from it for the past 13 years, my body clock has found it's own comfortable rythm and I'm up all night on the computer writing wargame articles and tutorials, generally asserting myself in forums, and leaving witty remarks in youtube comments etc.
It's 3:22 a.m. now here in Plymouth and i'll only sleep when my body tells me it wants to, which will be around 6:30 a.m..:)

Maes17

Superstar
What's this thing called "work" that some of you are talking about?
I retired at age 60 and have been free from it for the past 13 years, my body clock has found it's own comfortable rythm and I'm up all night on the computer writing wargame articles and tutorials, generally asserting myself in forums, and leaving witty remarks in youtube comments etc.
It's 3:22 a.m. now here in Plymouth and i'll only sleep when my body tells me it wants to, which will be around 6:30 a.m..:)
Sure thing Mick

Tidal

Star
When I left school aged 16 in 1963 there were only about 2 kids in my class who never had a job to go to, and I was one of 'em.
The "Careers Officer" used to visit the school a number of times before then to fix us up with a job, but every time he asked me what I'd like to do, I replied "Dunno", so I left without being "fixed up."
Soon after, a small item appeared in the local paper which read-
"All the July school leavers in the city have now been placed in jobs except for a hard core of 50"
When my old man (a chronic workaholic) read it he went ballistic with shame and ranted to my mam- "A hard core of 50, and we've got one of 'em, all the neighbours are calling him workshy!"

Once or twice after that he used to hammer on my bedroom door at the crack of dawn yelling "Get out of bed and look for a job you idle bleeder, they're crying out for people at the glue factory!"
But I just thought "Oh stick it" and turned over and went back to sleep..:)

Maes17

Superstar
When I left school aged 16 in 1963 there were only about 2 kids in my class who never had a job to go to, and I was one of 'em.
The "Careers Officer" used to visit the school a number of times before then to fix us up with a job, but every time he asked me what I'd like to do, I replied "Dunno", so I left without being "fixed up."
Soon after, a small item appeared in the local paper which read-
"All the July school leavers in the city have now been placed in jobs except for a hard core of 50"
When my old man (a chronic workaholic) read it he went ballistic with shame and ranted to my mam- "A hard core of 50, and we've got one of 'em, all the neighbours are calling him workshy!"

Once or twice after that he used to hammer on my bedroom door at the crack of dawn yelling "Get out of bed and look for a job you idle bleeder, they're crying out for people at the glue factory!"
But I just thought "Oh stick it" and turned over and went back to sleep..:)
Whatever you say Mick

Tidal

Star
My schoolmate Jimmy said to me- "come into plumbing with me", but I gave it a miss because I didn't fancy crawling around under peoples sinks for the rest of my life, we holy men don't do "crawling around under peoples sinks"..:)

Tidal

Star
is this when you became a professional late night video game player?

Yes mate, and I've dominated the wargaming scene for the next 50-odd years under my fighting name 'PoorOldSpike'.. :cool:
Some feedback from my adoring fans-

Geordie-"As a player PoorOldSpike is top notch and his file return rate is amongst the best I have encountered..his tactics work"
RocketMan- "PoorOldSpike is great guy to learn tank tactics from with unsurpassed file return times (it is like he is an AI or something with him returning files any time of the night or day).."
MrBadExample- "PoorOldSpike is excellent player, good guy and gets turns out quickly! Highly reccomended .."
Enigma- "PoorOldSpike is great tactician, superb return rate and some really wonderful comments with them too. Well worth playing! Also a great teacher in helping you improve your own gameplay and a really good playtester.."
Fredrock- "PoorOldSpike is interesting Tactician, good player, really great Banter,got to give him a try.."
British Tommy- "PoorOldSpike is a very good tactical player, well worth playing against.."
Von Schwendemann- "POS is excellent player with an outstanding return rate. If you haven't played him you are missing out. Have fun.."
Neubaufahrzeug- "Played twice in mirror mode against POS and he is a fair, competent and fast player. CM is living with such guys - let´s go on.."
Koen- "PoorOldSpike I must admit that you're crazy and something's totally wrong with you but you're honest and straight to the point.."
Mad Russian- "To give PoorOldSpike his due, he does good CM support..Every single time POS and I have played each other he is a grand opponent. His return rate is better than ANYBODY's!!!"
Hirr Leto- "PoorOldSpike is deranged, crazy and full of fight. POS will bring it like no other... tactically sound player and yes, 'very' dangerous with armour.”
Lord Bane quote- "I have been playing the game for many years but have learned quite a bit about the game by reading your fantastic tactical posts."
The Coil- "PoorOldSpike is great when you want to understand the mechanics of the game"
Wardog- "PoorOldSpike you are a tough little f*cker to play against"
Gunter Severloh- "Spike is the best of us I would think for screenshots"

Below: me leading my squad in Armed Assault, I tell them "Stick with me if you want to live"

polymoog

Superstar
Some feedback from my adoring fans-
@Cintra "i really like the way he mixes his acid when he prepares to throw it at someone. pooroldspikes threats are top notch."
@Maes17 "i got 2 hours of sleep. and pooroldspike is sometimes good and sometimes bad. im not sure."

moog: "nobody disrupts the continuity of a thread like pooroldspike."

Awoken2

Superstar
@Cintra "i really like the way he mixes his acid when he prepares to throw it at someone. pooroldspikes threats are top notch."
@Maes17 "i got 2 hours of sleep. and pooroldspike is sometimes good and sometimes bad. im not sure."

moog: "nobody disrupts the continuity of a thread like pooroldspike."
Jesus said "eat crisps.....lots of crisps.....and that potted jelly.....when I return"

Pooroldspike was ahead of the game.

Tidal

Star
TIP for wargamers- the SAM 'Avenger' is one of my favourite anti-aircraft vehicles in DCS World because of its fast rate of fire, here it is in action, nobody better mess with it..:)