Random Thoughts

Lurker

Star
The deer really seem to enjoy the fallen pears. A trio come around twice a day and feast.
They brought a fawn with them today. Couldn't get a clear pic out the window. Tried from the side of the house...gone as soon as they spotted me. Quite protective of their young, usually I can make it to the truck and even drive away. They'll just watch me making sure to keep distance. Not today.

justjess

Superstar
Do we have a garden thread? Some weird striped multicolored bug is eating my eggplants (the leaves look like Swiss cheese) and none of my peppers are turning any color other then green but I’m pretty sure I planted red yellow orange and green peppers. New to this gardening thing and have no clue on either... I do have more tomatoes then I will ever be able to eat, green peppers, and Jalapanos though so I guess I did something right.

polymoog

Superstar
Do we have a garden thread? Some weird striped multicolored bug is eating my eggplants (the leaves look like Swiss cheese) and none of my peppers are turning any color other then green but I’m pretty sure I planted red yellow orange and green peppers. New to this gardening thing and have no clue on either... I do have more tomatoes then I will ever be able to eat, green peppers, and Jalapanos though so I guess I did something right.
sounds like striped cucumber beetles.
be a bit more patient with the green peppers (bell peppers?).

polymoog

Superstar
We've been trying to get one to stick.
As Moog said, be patient. Other than color, they're the same.
might as well grow either the red (for lycopene content) or the orange (for the carotenoids). eating them green is a bit of a waste.

Lisa

Superstar
might as well grow either the red (for lycopene content) or the orange (for the carotenoids). eating them green is a bit of a waste.
I’m curious and since this is the the random thoughts thread and my thread...what are your favorite foods to eat?

justjess

Superstar
sounds like striped cucumber beetles.
be a bit more patient with the green peppers (bell peppers?).
Any way to get rid of striped cucumber beetles? Ima bit sad about my eggplant.

i planted red, yellow, orange and green bell peppers. The green are coming in well. The red yellw and orange are too but they are huge and still haven’t changed color and I’m worrying a little if I let them sit out longer they will rot or something (again? First foray gardening here so I don’t even know if that’s a thing)