Random Thoughts

Lurker

Star
Went to wally world today for a bike. that was a big bust. 4 bikes in the store, 1 small child, 1 kids, 2 (same model) ladies. Got socks & underwear and some 3 to 2 prong adapters (can't have too many of those) tho, so not a complete waste of time.

Johnny5

Veteran
Went to wally world today for a bike. that was a big bust. 4 bikes in the store, 1 small child, 1 kids, 2 (same model) ladies. Got socks & underwear and some 3 to 2 prong adapters (can't have too many of those) tho, so not a complete waste of time.
Now that you mention it Lurker, I did notice a month or two ago, all weight lifting equipment, most bike accessories parts were sold out at wallt worpd and academy stores i went to. Sorry @justjess , the memory is not what it used to be.

All ammo except for hunting calibers and shotgun shells are sold out, but I am pretty sure I know why that stuff is sold out.

Maes17

Superstar
Has anyone else noticed a run on land? Houses? Shortages of baseball hats? I’m noticing a whole lot of odd things...
Depends on the type of baseball hats. I think new era used their production to make mask instead of hats.

And a little fact is the mlb teams have their hats made out of new era’s new york factory. Getting on field caps is probably limited stock I’d assume.

I haven’t really paid attention to houses/land.

But when I worked at the dealership a few months ago. Interest rates were extremely low so luxury vehicles were selling like hot cakes

justjess

Superstar
Depends on the type of baseball hats. I think new era used their production to make mask instead of hats.

And a little fact is the mlb teams have their hats made out of new era’s new york factory. Getting on field caps is probably limited stock I’d assume.

I haven’t really paid attention to houses/land.

But when I worked at the dealership a few months ago. Interest rates were extremely low so luxury vehicles were selling like hot cakes
It was ALL the hats. I checked the Yankees, giants, and nets. Nada. They did have face masks though.

justjess

Superstar
I just wanna say I think wolf is doing a really good job with this corona situation in Pennsylvania - he’s taking the money the state got for covid and is using it to provide actual small business grants to Actually small businesses that were actually impacted, hazard pay grants for essential workers, and the state is covering the cost of postage for mail in voting. He announces something a couple times a week and each time I think it’s a wise and fair use of the funds. He’s been getting shitted on a lot out here as the democratic governor of a state that has large red pockets and at best is purple but I’ve been impressed lately and I don’t typically like him at all plus am pissed he’s letting each school decide their own plan (I get how this is fair I am just mad because my school board appears to be smoking crack rocks).

polymoog

Superstar
I have read stories about "the rich" abandoning the big cities but haven't seen it personally. I live in a state that has had a ton of CA. NY, NJ and IL people move to it, so seeing people move here is common place now. Baseball hats being sold out is weird.
seen it. anything on the housing market in the suburbs is getting 20K more than offered. sellers are telling me that the cars are lined up on the curb to walk through the house. everyone is fleeing the large cities with all of this rioting and police defunding.

i am seeing shortages in all the stores on products (some of my food-- my lassi drink, my braggs apple cider vinegar drink, etc.). in my business, there are shortages as well. first it was shipping delays due to the riots, and now the distributors are simply out of stock. the politicians make the factory production "non essential businesses", so nothing was produced, and now it has caught up with us. i think that applies to all factory-produced items, including baseball gear.
i would guess that the kids who are stuck at home figure they could get more involved in baseball? that was supposed to be the case with bicycles flying off the shelves earlier this year.

justjess

Superstar
seen it. anything on the housing market in the suburbs is getting 20K more than offered. sellers are telling me that the cars are lined up on the curb to walk through the house. everyone is fleeing the large cities with all of this rioting and police defunding.

i am seeing shortages in all the stores on products (some of my food-- my lassi drink, my braggs apple cider vinegar drink, etc.). in my business, there are shortages as well. first it was shipping delays due to the riots, and now the distributors are simply out of stock. the politicians make the factory production "non essential businesses", so nothing was produced, and now it has caught up with us. i think that applies to all factory-produced items, including baseball gear.
i would guess that the kids who are stuck at home figure they could get more involved in baseball? that was supposed to be the case with bicycles flying off the shelves earlier this year.
Baseball hats *

as in just A style of hats, fashion. Sports teams but not needed to play sports.

we thankfully have not had shortages for our business. But thinking back to when we planted our garden we definately ran into shortages there and couldn’t plant everything we wanted to.

Lurker

Star
The NY and NYC district attorneys offices are on the offensive for a change. I am shocked.

Great. Can't build a criminal case for corruption. Go after the group as a whole. A real back handed way of going after the guns. When there's no lobby to protect your rights, it's much easier for the state to take them away. Fuck that cunt.

justjess

Superstar
Great. Can't build a criminal case for corruption. Go after the group as a whole. A real back handed way of going after the guns. When there's no lobby to protect your rights, it's much easier for the state to take them away. Fuck that cunt.
I honestly don’t have an opinion on it quite yet. I firmly believe in the second amendment however the nra sometimes I think does more harm then good. I don’t know what standing NY even has here tbh.

polymoog

Superstar
That may be true (I don't see it, not the point tho), Imagine these united states without the NRA or similar lobby.
actually, the NRA is garbage. you want GOA (gun owners of america). they state that they are zero compromise on the 2nd amendment.
the NRA is controlled, and they capitulate all the time.

justjess

Superstar
Still not seeing the more harm than good part.
The N.R.A. is now mainly a media company, promoting a life style built around loving guns and hating anyone who might take them away.
They fuel their coffers by fear mongering and promoting division. By framing anyone who isn’t 100% “on their side” as a rabid maniac who wants to take away all guns. I don’t think this type of “othering” - which has seemingly taken over every corner of our culture, they obviously aren’t alone here - is helpful in the slightest.

plus their practically running a Ponzi scheme with American citizens donations.