Random Thoughts

Awoken2

Superstar
If only the BBC and CNN and the rest of the alphabet agencies would just tell it how it is your news may sound a little like this...

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
255C9789-A354-4D5D-8B46-9063C974447F.jpeg
Probably should add that it’s all Israel’s fault and that would make it complete.

justjess

Superstar
No one said Iran having Nukes was good, but the proper comparison would be America having nukes.

No one said abortions were good. And you can’t compare something with no consciencness to something with consciesness.

No one said paying for college was bad, what they are criticizing is the out of control cost structure compared to decades ago and the resulting crippling student debt that’s destroying many segments of our economy.

No one ever said drugs coming into the country was good and no one ever said speaking English was bad. Ditto to the last.

Memes are never great for making accurate statements

Lisa

Superstar
No one said Iran having Nukes was good, but the proper comparison would be America having nukes.

No one said abortions were good. And you can’t compare something with no consciencness to something with consciesness.

No one said paying for college was bad, what they are criticizing is the out of control cost structure compared to decades ago and the resulting crippling student debt that’s destroying many segments of our economy.

No one ever said drugs coming into the country was good and no one ever said speaking English was bad. Ditto to the last.

Memes are never great for making accurate statements
The one I liked and was hoping you’d see was the one about abortion and the children in cages. I think this one is highly accurate. You’ve slammed me for both and I thought of you right away!

justjess

Superstar
But some are saying..Free and on demand..while having no problem with waiting periods for firearms.
The waiting period for firearms is for a background check - which is hope we all can agree with, I’d hope we don’t want serial killers or wife beaters walking around with semi automatics. A waiting period for an abortion jeopardized the ability to get said abortion since the ability to get one is time limited. If you can show me how it serves a valid purpose I’d be willing to consider it but I can’t personally think of one.. by the time someone calls the clinic they’ve already thought it over a gazillion times.

justjess

Superstar
The one I liked and was hoping you’d see was the one about abortion and the children in cages. I think this one is highly accurate. You’ve slammed me for both and I thought of you right away!
If I ever said abortions were good then you could throw that at me. But I haven’t. I think they are sad but sometimes necessary - and I don’t believe life begins at conception.

There’s no reason on earth putting living breathing feeling scared children in cages is ever necessary.

polymoog

Superstar
The waiting period for firearms is for a background check - which is hope we all can agree with, I’d hope we don’t want serial killers or wife beaters walking around with semi automatics. A waiting period for an abortion jeopardized the ability to get said abortion since the ability to get one is time limited. If you can show me how it serves a valid purpose I’d be willing to consider it but I can’t personally think of one.. by the time someone calls the clinic they’ve already thought it over a gazillion times.
fine-- no waiting period or background check for abortions if its a right. and no waiting period and background check for guns, since its our right as well. a waiting period for having a firearm jeopardizes MY ability to defend myself.

justjess

Superstar
fine-- no waiting period or background check for abortions if its a right. and no waiting period and background check for guns, since its our right as well. a waiting period for having a firearm jeopardizes MY ability to defend myself.
If you are a threat to public safety you lose that right. Can you give me a reason why a woman should lose the right to abortion?

Btw I’m not anti gun at all.

polymoog

Superstar
If you are a threat to public safety you lose that right. Can you give me a reason why a woman should lose the right to abortion?

Btw I’m not anti gun at all.
who makes the call whether one is a threat to public safety? should you have your rights taken away if you are a "far right extremist" as deemed by the MSM/lunatic politicians?
conversely, what if you are a woman who is deemed unable to make a serious, informed, and conscious decision of whether or not to terminate the babys life? is she a threat to an innocent childs life if shes mentally unstable, or even in an extreme case, a serial abortionist? who is to judge?
background checks always lead to total restriction.

justjess

Superstar
who makes the call whether one is a threat to public safety? should you have your rights taken away if you are a "far right extremist" as deemed by the MSM/lunatic politicians?
conversely, what if you are a woman who is deemed unable to make a serious, informed, and conscious decision of whether or not to terminate the babys life? is she a threat to an innocent childs life if shes mentally unstable, or even in an extreme case, a serial abortionist? who is to judge?
background checks always lead to total restriction.
As of right now it’s if you commit a felony... I’d be fine with limiting it to a violent crime. Are you not okay with keeping guns away from violent criminals?

You wouldn’t have many people disagreeing with a violent mentally unstable woman getting an abortion.. you will run into problems with that same woman deciding to have a child. They remove babies at birth for that sort of thing. Which again most people don’t have a problem with.

We have freedoms but we also have responsibilities. There’s a balance.

polymoog

Superstar
As of right now it’s if you commit a felony... I’d be fine with limiting it to a violent crime. Are you not okay with keeping guns away from violent criminals?
violent criminals? yes, i am 100% for taking away weapons from the police. keeping guns away from violent citizens? depends on the case. since "violent" is such a non-specific, all-encompassing term, i would err on the safe side and keep our rights intact: no-- everyone gets a gun if they want. after all, "violent criminals" could be violent without a gun.

didnt mean to hijack the thread here.

Lurker

Star
justjess said:
The waiting period for firearms is for a background check
Yet somehow the background check could take zero to ten days depending on your state, i guess.
A waiting period for an abortion jeopardized the ability to get said abortion since the ability to get one is time limited.
Battered women can wait though, no urgency there.
by the time someone calls the clinic they’ve already thought it over a gazillion times
And the fetus is probably well past the "clump of cells" stage.
I’m not anti gun at all
I know. That's why I chose the example.
didnt mean to hijack the thread here
I don't mind. I will....without apology.

justjess

Superstar
Yet somehow the background check could take zero to ten days depending on your state, i guess.

Battered women can wait though, no urgency there.

And the fetus is probably well past the "clump of cells" stage.

I know. That's why I chose the example.

I don't mind. I will....without apology.
The background check can be instantaneous or can take up to two weeks. It depends what company is used. I’ve been there, done that - I have to be fingerprinted for work and depending on who processes it depends on how long it takes.

Battered women? Let’s be for real. If they are at the point they are getting/needing a gun they need to check into the nearest DV shelter for a bit. A gun is only going to make things worse in the immediate.

No, probably not. The second you find out you think things through, it takes time to get an appointment even if you call that day and you can have a billion thoughts in the interim.

Lurker

Star
The background check can be instantaneous or can take up to two weeks. It depends what company is used.
No, it's the FBI not an equifax or expirian type thing.
Battered women? Let’s be for real. If they are at the point they are getting/needing a gun they need to check into the nearest DV shelter
Yes, because everything I've read says those are readily available.

justjess

Superstar
No, it's the FBI not an equifax or expirian type thing.

Yes, because everything I've read says those are readily available.
The fbi contracts those background checks out. Right now the state of pa at least is using a company named identigo

There’s a shortage of beds but women have been sent to prison for firing warning shots at their abusers or the guns have been used ON them instead. So it’s still a better option. Even a motel in a different town for a few nights is a better option. These things should be funded rather than scrapping background checks. I’m pretty sure trump cut their funding instead

Last edited: