Random Thoughts

Etagloc

Superstar
Has anyone noticed that people don't miss the early 2000s? Lots of people talk about how much they miss the 70s, 80s,and 90s but not the last decade, even with all the 'advancements'.
9/11 must have really done a number on us all.
I miss the early 2000's : )

almost every day I miss those days......

but what can one do? I was so young in those days, eh..... my life was not great, as I see it.... but society in general was better in the early 2000's, I believe....

and there is always that distinction, as I see it..... you have society in general and then one's own life.... society in general.... things aren't looking so good!... but even as the world goes down the drain, I'm optimistic for myself

Last edited:

free2018

Star
It was a better time. Although it was comparatively worse than what preceded it, I think. At the time it wasn't so great but was better compared to now.
I was in my 20's and I miss that time. That's when the big mistakes happened. haha.
The world? The world wasn't great in the 80's and 90's if I am being honest.

Etagloc

Superstar
I was in my 20's and I miss that time. That's when the big mistakes happened. haha.
The world? The world wasn't great in the 80's and 90's if I am being honest.
My view is that the greatest generation lived around 700 and things have gone downhill since then....

so in my view, the previous decade was worse than the 90's....90's worse than the 80's.... 80's worse than the 70's.... and so forth. 15 years from now I'm sure 2018 will seem like a golden age.

Clearly, the 90's were better than the previous decade.

Although now that I think about it, karlysimon does have a point.... I might personally be nostalgic for the early 2000's..... but there isn't a 2000's nostalgia like 90's nostalgia..... people are not exactly celebrating that period.... and for why she said- 9/11....

Dalit

Star
Sometimes it's just fun to watch videos of dogs. Saw this type of dog in the national dog show and thought it was a cool dog. Not the specific kooikerhondje playing Connect Four, of course.

LOL at the sniping rotund corgis.