Random Thoughts

The Zone

Star
Gotcha. That makes more sense. Does this forum draw people with mental issues or are people getting paid for the discord.
Anybody remember enderpotato? Anyhow, I would say both. It is likely that some left or right of center gravitate towards forums like this which is to be expected. And then there are some who argue about very limited subject matter, like religion which almost seems like an agenda or distraction. Trolls tend to return as well and some think everything they read here is real which is scary too. It is okay for people to talk religion until the cows come in, but rarely if ever is anything achieved. Instead we have circular arguments which in time turn into something ugly. Even the most restrained person will in time be set off by somebody cracking on their religion. But the ones who bug me are the splitters. Those who take a Muslim stand one minute, a Christian stand the next, not to mention agnostic takes as well and then sit back and enjoy the chaos created. The crazy thing is Christians and Muslims are similar in moral issues, yet are conveniently divided to take the focus off other issues. Back to the mosh pit. Disclaimer, the core group is for the most part decent here and it is shameful that newcomers have to prove their worth because of Chas and others which makes the forum seem paranoid, which is what some want you to think to begin with.

Violette

Star
Gotcha. That makes more sense. Does this forum draw people with mental issues or are people getting paid for the discord.
Idk if there are any paid shills here past or present but I’ve definitely encountered them on other websites. I wouldn’t say the forum draws in people with mental health issues but the anonymity can make people very bold. Getting too deep down the rabbit hole of the conspiracy theory world can get depressing so I’m sure being in a place like this might make any fragile mind snap.

Kung Fu

Superstar
On the old boards (I mean way back) there was this poster named Cheers and I think everybody kind of new that she was a Zionist shill. All she ever did was post on threads that related to Israel. She claimed to be a Christian yet never posted or very rarely posted anything Christian related. If the name of Israel was mentioned she was there.

There are Zionist Christians on this board but nothing compared to Cheers.

justjess

Superstar
Yes i remember her.. her fb disappeared the same time as her account lol.

Just popping in to say neither fb or VIG either can or will do anything lol. Funny how the heal system works and where the gaping holes tend to fall - usually squarely on my back.

justjess

Superstar
Anybody remember enderpotato? Anyhow, I would say both. It is likely that some left or right of center gravitate towards forums like this which is to be expected. And then there are some who argue about very limited subject matter, like religion which almost seems like an agenda or distraction. Trolls tend to return as well and some think everything they read here is real which is scary too. It is okay for people to talk religion until the cows come in, but rarely if ever is anything achieved. Instead we have circular arguments which in time turn into something ugly. Even the most restrained person will in time be set off by somebody cracking on their religion. But the ones who bug me are the splitters. Those who take a Muslim stand one minute, a Christian stand the next, not to mention agnostic takes as well and then sit back and enjoy the chaos created. The crazy thing is Christians and Muslims are similar in moral issues, yet are conveniently divided to take the focus off other issues. Back to the mosh pit. Disclaimer, the core group is for the most part decent here and it is shameful that newcomers have to prove their worth because of Chas and others which makes the forum seem paranoid, which is what some want you to think to begin with.
Yeah.. funny how he disappeared to, high school student posting profusely during regular school areas who’s studied subject matter for ten years apparently... so since he’s 7? He was clearly not who he said he was either.

Attachments

The Zone

Star
Yes i remember her.. her fb disappeared the same time as her account lol.

Just popping in to say neither fb or VIG either can or will do anything lol. Funny how the heal system works and where the gaping holes tend to fall - usually squarely on my back.
VC is in a tough place because of the use of VPN's. Some people us them for privacy -- others to stalk. As for FB, I am not a fan anyhow. I use it as a business tool only these days and rarely post personal stuff there anymore since all they do is collect the data and feed it to the monster that has everything we say or post recorded. There really isn't any privacy anymore.

I think people with mental illness will always be drawn to conspiracy boards, after all paranoia and multiple personality disorders are something that will make one question reality.

I think as long as they do not threaten anyone, they should not be insulted or paid unnecessary attention to by other posters. Let them be, if they are unstable just recommend they get help and do not try to attack them unless they attack you. If they do, then report them. If they are peaceful, just let them be.

Damien50

Star
I think people with mental illness will always be drawn to conspiracy boards, after all paranoia and multiple personality disorders are something that will make one question reality.

I think as long as they do not threaten anyone, they should not be insulted or paid unnecessary attention to by other posters. Let them be, if they are unstable just recommend they get help and do not try to attack them unless they attack you. If they do, then report them. If they are peaceful, just let them be.
You haven't met Chassidy.

Damien50

Star
I was responding to someone else.

And no I have not. I am very sorry for what Jess is experiencing though, but Chassidy is not all people with mental illness.
Of course not she just makes up the majority of the sock accounts here so between the k pop junkies and some of the accused already you have about 10 accounts of just her personalities.

Of course not she just makes up the majority of the sock accounts here so between the k pop junkies and some of the accused already you have about 10 accounts of just her personalities.
Okay, that makes me understand your reply a little better. I guess most people here with mental illness are her, then.

Is there anything worse than hitting a wrong button?

Examples - you butt dial the one person you least want to talk to on your cell. Even if you do not talk to them, you're guaranteed ten return calls you will not answer because they want to know what you wanted. This is also especially bad thing when it happens in the wee hours of the night. Heck one guy I know thought he turned the phone off and talked smack about a relative that was listening to him the whole time. The look on his face when he said, what is that only to realize they were calling his name over and over. Nowhere to hide and or an oh shit moment.

- you are on Facebook and realize you hit the privacy setting saying you are open for chat and in comes that insane cousin who always wants a favor you do not want to chat with in less than a second. The same ones who say you are avoiding them which you are because they're so high maintenance.

- you somehow press the moonroof setting in your car during a thunderstorm.

- oh, and it happens on computers a lot. You somehow mouse the most embarrassing thing possible in an ad which puts it in your history. and then you see pop up ads about it. or, you start a download that you cannot seem to stop in that you fell for one of those hidden snakes which crawl about sites. The list goes on here.

I could add hundreds more but defer to you...
hmmm.... wrong button - how about turning off the wrong burner on the stove, or turning UP the wrong burner on the stove.

EDIT .... then walking away to check out what's posting on VC forums and not coming back until it's too late...

The Zone

Star
I suspect another alter has joined.
Another? Try, like multiple ones from sephora to the above (and others). I think most people here have a life beyond this forum, yet another is attached to this place and lives just to be here. What they (different personalities) justify in their mind as normal and fun is an illusion. At the same time, it is making this place less and less a destination for some and it may be time for VC to consider a person, algo or something else to knock the ID's out as they appear. There are way too many tells be it trying to be totally different than in the past to showing similar styles. This person wonders why nobody here wants to be her friend. Well, she is dishonest and deceptive, praying on the gullible and strong when a persona clicks and makes everything about revenge and herself for starters. She is a crazies, crazy with an inability to carry on socially for any extended period of time. It is rare I cannot find some modicum of compassion, but in this case, that is the case.

Carolyn

Star
This place has changed and not necessarily for the better. More and more old timers seem to be bailing or losing interest and some newbies are just really out there and or trolling. Too many socks and circular conversations.
Yeah its got kinda toxic around here, noticed a few religion posts all over rather than in the allocated forum which tbh really pisses me off cause I always stayed out of that forum, nobody else has a specific forum like an athiests forum or something or a science with no religion forum so I just really cant be arsed with it anymore and too much spam trolling shit like you said too! Its a shame cause it was good here for a while, this is one of the only forums Ive ever really used for a long long time.