Random Thoughts

Trenton

Veteran
Is anyone else having a problem with the birds around your area singing their heads off 24/7 ?
Waking up in the dead of the night because they just can't shut up is becoming a regular occurrence for me. I normally love birds but this is getting ridiculous.
I actually was thinking about this lately.

I didn't know anyone else noticed.

I know birds begin waking up around 4-5 am. Most will be awake at 6 am.

But birds have been awake all night here. We ran over a Robin standing in the road at 2 am a couple weeks ago. Also we've run over several birds this year. My mother and father in law have also struck birds with their vehicles.

Do you know how hard it is to hit a bird with a car? It's -really- hard

There's definitely something wrong with the birds. I can't think of what it could be. But it's been bothering me a lot lately.

sim hae

Established
One flew into my balcony slider (glass door) on one day
Did it die? :(

I actually was thinking about this lately.

I didn't know anyone else noticed.

I know birds begin waking up around 4-5 am. Most will be awake at 6 am.

But birds have been awake all night here. We ran over a Robin standing in the road at 2 am a couple weeks ago. Also we've run over several birds this year. My mother and father in law have also struck birds with their vehicles.

Do you know how hard it is to hit a bird with a car? It's -really- hard

There's definitely something wrong with the birds. I can't think of what it could be. But it's been bothering me a lot lately.
I know. It's not just the singing at strange hours that bothers me, I've also witnessed huge flocks of birds flying and behaving in craaaazy ways and not just once. I felt like on the set of The Birds, lol.

But least I haven't yet had the pleasure of seeing this eerie sight:

Seeing them just stand there is creepier than seeing them fly like they're crazy. Hopefully, I'm just being paranoid

Trenton

Veteran
Cell tower radiation?
Could be, but if that were so I'd assume i would have noticed the birds behaving strangely years ago. I think it could be fungal, or maybe the magnetic field is a little off. Birds are very sensitive to magnetic feilds. And there are certain fungal parasites which cause birds strange behavior, often suicidal behavior. But usually in the jungle, not in human populated areas.

Last edited: