Random Thoughts

justjess

Superstar
I thought the blizzard wasn't that bad?
In NYC it was a dud. I moved back out to pa though.. near Scranton. And I'm by a bunch of lakes so it was even worse where I am then in Scranton itself.

Buried in for two days. The owner of the complex had a stroke trying to shovel and no one else had the info for the plow to call. And then on top of it I blew my transmission trying to move the damn car when the plow did finally show so I've been stuck in since Monday night. Had to walk damn near five miles round trip today to pick up basics - milk bread etc.

I hated NYC but it definately had some benefits

Lisa

Superstar
In NYC it was a dud. I moved back out to pa though.. near Scranton. And I'm by a bunch of lakes so it was even worse where I am then in Scranton itself.

Buried in for two days. The owner of the complex had a stroke trying to shovel and no one else had the info for the plow to call. And then on top of it I blew my transmission trying to move the damn car when the plow did finally show so I've been stuck in since Monday night. Had to walk damn near five miles round trip today to pick up basics - milk bread etc.

I hated NYC but it definately had some benefits
Sorry to hear that, ya, I remember you moved...I thought it was the whole east coast that didn't get as much snow as they were expected, not just NYC.

I don't know if I should ask here, but are things better for you? Well, obviously not car wise....

justjess

Superstar
My husband is doing a million times better thank u for asking. Being away from the city has helped him (and as a result us) immensely.

This was the biggest storm they had since 1993 in the area im in right now. Schools have been closed all week. As far as the news is concerned as long as NYC doesn't have problems may as well be the whole east coast though.

Lisa

Superstar
Was rear ended on the highway in stop and go traffic today, luckily it's just my hand that hurts right now, so scary! :eek:

JoChris

Superstar
The likes never cause anything but trouble.

I've been buried in three feet of snow since Tuesday, the boards coming back a couple days sooner would have been a welcome distraction from that particular misery. I envy anyone who escaped this god awful blizzard
Can we trade climates for a week? We've only just had decent rain for the first time in 2 years thanks to El Nino and the humidity is shocking.
Only been in snow once, and that was as a birthday present. We went to a snow resort with a maximum of 1 degree Celcius- unthinkable to Queenslanders!

Lisa

Superstar
I have never seen snow a day in my life! The weather tends to stay tropical here in Santa Barbara. I guess I'm in for a surprise when I move to Brooklyn and experience an actual winter. For me, anything below 60 degrees is severe winter weather.
O dear! You are in for a big surprise since you have never seen severe winter weather!

justjess

Superstar
Good luck in Brooklyn. I just left there. They are pretty good about clearing snow on main roads atleast

justjess

Superstar
By Scranton in Pennsylvania. I love Brooklyn but it got to be too much for me needed somewhere a bit quieter. My husband and son don't react great to too much stimulation.

What part of Brooklyn you moving to

The Zone

Star
Sooooo sick..At least I am not allergic to peanuts.... that would be horrible for a nut lover like me:( Anyhow, I truly hope everyone else here is in better health. So, what does the world do when these symptoms arise...

Last edited: