Random Thoughts

Daze

Superstar
That's exactly what made me post is that same msg from that user
I did report it because it looked like a bot, but with so many trolls and sock accounts on these boards its hard to be sure. A 0 post account (or one under 50 at least) has a high probability of having more accounts here.

If you got the same message then 99.9% chance its just a bot.

polymoog

Superstar
Is this a bot? A sock? Or one of my many fans?... thoughts?
she sent me a PM also, but added how handsome i was.
she must have been in the crowd when i took first prize in the hairy chest competition last weekend. i told her that you told me that i am allotted 50 women, so if she is so inclined, she may apply for membership.

Maes17

Superstar
I did report it because it looked like a bot, but with so many trolls and sock accounts on these boards its hard to be sure. A 0 post account (or one under 50 at least) has a high probability of having more accounts here.

If you got the same message then 99.9% chance its just a bot.
It looked bot like. Especially if it went to multiple posters.

redqueen

Superstar
I reported too just was wondering if there were moderators to step in
if things get to outta line with what the site is for

Maes17

Superstar
I reported too just was wondering if there were moderators to step in
if things get to outta line with what the site is for
I’ve asked that question before. VC trust the members here. That’s the best we can do is just trust the posters. Don’t put too much thought into it.

I know it can be annoying but for the most part just come on in and do your thing. This board runs itself pretty good without mods. That says something in a positive way

Maes17

Superstar
she sent me a PM also, but added how handsome i was.
she must have been in the crowd when i took first prize in the hairy chest competition last weekend. i told her that you told me that i am allotted 50 women, so if she is so inclined, she may apply for membership.
Moog right now

“Being alone is not the most awful thing in the world. You visit your museums and cultivate your interests and remind yourself how lucky you are not to be one of those spindly Sudanese children with flies beading their mouths. You make out To Do lists - reorganise linen cupboard, learn two sonnets. You dole out little treats to yourself - slices of ice-cream cake, concerts at Wigmore Hall. And then, every once in a while, you wake up and gaze out of the window at another bloody daybreak, and think, I cannot do this anymore. I cannot pull myself together again and spend the next fifteen hours of wakefulness fending off the fact of my own misery.

People like Sheba think that they know what it's like to be lonely. They cast their minds back to the time they broke up with a boyfriend in 1975 and endured a whole month before meeting someone new. Or the week they spent in a Bavarian steel town when they were fifteen years old, visiting their greasy-haired German pen pal and discovering that her hand-writing was the best thing about her. But about the drip drip of long-haul, no-end-in-sight solitude, they know nothing. They don't know what it is to construct an entire weekend around a visit to the laundrette. Or to sit in a darkened flat on Halloween night, because you can't bear to expose your bleak evening to a crowd of jeering trick-or-treaters. Or to have the librarian smile pityingly and say, ‘Goodness, you're a quick reader!’ when you bring back seven books, read from cover to cover, a week after taking them out. They don't know what it is to be so chronically untouched that the accidental brush of a bus conductor's hand on your shoulder sends a jolt of longing straight to your groin. I have sat on park benches and trains and schoolroom chairs, feeling the great store of unused, objectless love sitting in my belly like a stone until I was sure I would cry out and fall, flailing, to the ground. About all of this, Sheba and her like have no clue.”

― Zoë Heller, What Was She Thinking?

Lurking009

Veteran
kinda feel like everybody rates everything in existence by likes on social media these days!! People are way too entrenched in social media to ever leave it voluntarily!! So screwed up. Trapped in a web of our own making!

It's 'Black Mirror', this episode:

Maes17

Superstar
Anyone ever tried the Mediterranean “diet”?
Yeah. Did that my senior year in high school. Lost a lot of weight on that. Now that I’m older and do more powerlifting. I don’t diet as much. I try to hover at a bodyweight where I feel energized. I’m 5’7 weigh 200lbs. Lean. I feel healthy and comfy at 190-205lbs.

In high school I weighed 155lbs, college 175-180. When I was at the lighter weight I always felt tired.
I say that in try the diet and see how you respond. But just know that sometimes diets like that are not a one size fits all.

justjess

Superstar
Yeah. Did that my senior year in high school. Lost a lot of weight on that. Now that I’m older and do more powerlifting. I don’t diet as much. I try to hover at a bodyweight where I feel energized. I’m 5’7 weigh 200lbs. Lean. I feel healthy and comfy at 190-205lbs.

In high school I weighed 155lbs, college 175-180. When I was at the lighter weight I always felt tired.
I say that in try the diet and see how you respond. But just know that sometimes diets like that are not a one size fits all.
Not trying to lose weight. At all. I would disappear. It’s supposed to be really healthy - like your heart and cancer and all that. But I’m having a hard time finding a recipe that isn’t either tomato sauce or lemon based and my family is not going to eat that EVERY night.

Maes17

Superstar
Not trying to lose weight. At all. I would disappear. It’s supposed to be really healthy - like your heart and cancer and all that. But I’m having a hard time finding a recipe that isn’t either tomato sauce or lemon based and my family is not going to eat that EVERY night.
It’s healthy. Just wasn’t for me.
I like oatmeal and bread but I tend to get inflammation whether joint pain or acne when I eat a lot of whole grains. So I stopped dieting.

What I do now is log foods that I eat.
I pay attention to my mood/reaction to stress, energy, how my hand/eye coordination etc. I’ll look at the foods I eat in that journal log and make those a part of my diet. I can do organic bread, I have inflammation towards cabbage :(

apples, green beans and asparagus seem to be little athletic enhancers for me.

polymoog

Superstar
Anyone ever tried the Mediterranean “diet”?
i had oral sex with a sicilian woman for weeks. i lost no weight.

i never tried it, but read about it and that nordic diet. those people are far more active and, at least in central italy, eat far smaller portions than we do in the states-- i couldnt believe how thin a real italian pizza was. all of our non-organic wheat flour is sprayed with glyphosphate; i dont think thats true over there. plus, i think the wine and overall lifestyle plays a bigger role and things are made fresh over there; nothing processed (at least where i was).

as ive said before, ive found that simply cutting out all grains made a huge difference in my energy.
with the rising prices, ive bought bulk quinoa and seeds for sprouting. meat and fish are way too overpriced to buy. even the expensive raw milk cheeses are cheaper (and healthier) now to eat, so i eat that in the evening.

ive also noticed that the organic snack industry is now moving in a 'grain free' direction but theyre using cheap coconut as the filler. to keep costs low, you really need to buy in bulk and then make your own snack. i bought big sacks of flaxseed and some other seeds (chia, etc.) and threw in some spices (turmeric, curry, etc.), added a bit of water, and then spread them out on parchment paper in the dehydrator. it was a great, cheap, healthy snack.

justjess

Superstar
I am Sicilian - part of me feels like I’m supposed to eat how they did on my native soil. Idk. Not trying to lose weight. I’m naturally very thin. I don’t eat much. Small portions like a bird. I think I’ve been intermittently fasting since birth without realizing it. They say that “diet” is based on the blue zones where people live til like 100 way more often then we do. I’m solely interested in the health benefits. And it does not allow for processed foods or red meat etc which aligns with the diet I did a couple years ago to snap back from MS (haven’t had an attack since thank god). I just don’t know if I can eat something either tomato or lemon based every day of my life..

if I cut out all grains I’d probably end up in the hospital tbh. I can’t cut my weight anymore and I can’t eat enough vegetables to make up for that - just not hungry enough

polymoog

Superstar
if I cut out all grains I’d probably end up in the hospital tbh. I can’t cut my weight anymore and I can’t eat enough vegetables to make up for that - just not hungry enough
you need some fat in your diet (and you know fat will never make you fat). where are you getting it?

justjess

Superstar
you need some fat in your diet (and you know fat will never make you fat). where are you getting it?
Chicken, fish, olive oil, peanut butter... stuff like that. Plus at this point I’m on zero diet anyway. Red meat is supposedly bad for me because of the MS (it’s inflammatory or something).