Random Thoughts

Maes17

Superstar
Hope everyone is doing alright.

Good to see a cultivation thing going on too.
Nothing wrong with growing your own food. Good luck if you choose. We grew veggies at one point. It’s a lot of work

Lisa

Superstar
Anything worth doing is a lot of work. I’d argue that spending that energy on the ability to feed yourself is a lot better use of it then 90% of the stuff most people waste their energy on.
Expending energy on something someone else already does for you..seems pointless.

justjess

Superstar
Expending energy on something someone else already does for you..seems pointless.
Lmao I guess personal responsibility only applies when you want it to? I personally feel growing your own food is a much worthier endeavor and use of energy then an inedible flower garden which takes up time, resources and energy that could be used to do something other then create adornment for frivolous vain people. But what do I know, right?

Lisa

Superstar
Lmao I guess personal responsibility only applies when you want it to? I personally feel growing your own food is a much worthier endeavor and use of energy then an inedible flower garden which takes up time, resources and energy that could be used to do something other then create adornment for frivolous vain people. But what do I know, right?
You seem to think you know everything ;) and the right way to do everything:rolleyes:

Personal responsibility in taking care of a garden when you can just go the store and get what you need? Lol! I don’t think you have a lick of commen sense in you. Seems pointless to waste time doing that.

The flowers bring enjoyment..so why not?

Maes17

Superstar
No this is true. If I had the time to grow my own food I would. I enjoy my on the grid living lifestyle right now. I mean I have an annoying neighbor, but overall my position in life is enjoyable.

Being able to cultivate/sustain is a good skill to have. In case of a system collapse.

I don’t see a system collapse anytime soon even though times look rough atm

justjess

Superstar
You seem to think you know everything ;) and the right way to do everything:rolleyes:

Personal responsibility in taking care of a garden when you can just go the store and get what you need? Lol! I don’t think you have a lick of commen sense in you. Seems pointless to waste time doing that.

The flowers bring enjoyment..so why not?
I wasn’t the one acting like a snob because I think running to the Walmart for potato’s is a better use of ones time then growing some of my own food. While bragging about spending energy growing flowers that are useful for practically nothing. Sound to me like your the one who “thinks she knows everything” and thinks she’s better then other people.

you could just as easily purchase those flowers your wasting time growing, you do realize that right?

justjess

Superstar
No this is true. If I had the time to grow my own food I would. I enjoy my on the grid living lifestyle right now. I mean I have an annoying neighbor, but overall my position in life is enjoyable.

Being able to cultivate/sustain is a good skill to have. In case of a system collapse.

I don’t see a system collapse anytime soon even though times look rough atm
It takes me like 20 minutes a day to tend my garden most days. This is not a huge expense of energy. Forgot societal collapse... the prices of food are all shooting up right now. That’s enough of a reason for me, and quite frankly I shouldn’t need a reason to decide how I want to spend my own time.

Lisa

Superstar
I wasn’t the one acting like a snob because I think running to the Walmart for potato’s is a better use of ones time then growing some of my own food. While bragging about spending energy growing flowers that are useful for practically nothing. Sound to me like your the one who “thinks she knows everything” and thinks she’s better then other people.

you could just as easily purchase those flowers your wasting time growing, you do realize that right?
I did already purchase all my flowering plants that had blooms on them..all I did was plant them. But then you have the extra of watering them all the time..weeding..fertilizing and insect control. That’s just the plants. I’m good in the beginning of the summer..really gung ho but by August..I’m done. So I kinda wonder how gung ho you all will be when it will be year after year..or lol by August.

justjess

Superstar
I did already purchase all my flowering plants that had blooms on them..all I did was plant them. But then you have the extra of watering them all the time..weeding..fertilizing and insect control. That’s just the plants. I’m good in the beginning of the summer..really gung ho but by August..I’m done. So I kinda wonder how gung ho you all will be when it will be year after year..or lol by August.
I kinda wonder how hungry you will be when you couldn’t be arsed to do it and now those stores have no food for you... how long do you think those flowers will hold you? See the difference is... up until your typical bullshit I never would have said a word sideways to you either about your reliance on grocery stores/supply chain/the system or the massive expenditure of waste that is your flower garden.

Lisa

Superstar
I kinda wonder how hungry you will be when you couldn’t be arsed to do it and now those stores have no food for you... how long do you think those flowers will hold you? See the difference is... up until your typical bullshit I never would have said a word sideways to you either about your reliance on grocery stores/supply chain/the system or the massive expenditure of waste that is your flower garden.
Everyone relies on grocery stores...even you right now.

I’m just saying it might be a waste of your time to get land...do the work someone else already does for you and the grocery stores continue to stay open.