Random Thoughts

polymoog

Superstar
I don‘t really care if Chris or any derivative isn’t allowed
i care. any name should be allowed.

Don’t you think that that kid’s name will have all the connotations of the devil when people see him?
absolutely. i think its awful.

People can’t help it..much like seeing 666. And that’s a terrible burden to put on him.
it could be a terrible burden. yes. but thats no ones decision except his parents and the child until he/she gets to be of legal age to change it. the child is not being physically harmed. we dont have to like it, but we have to respect their decision.

Lisa

Superstar
i care. any name should be allowed.

absolutely. i think its awful.

it could be a terrible burden. yes. but thats no ones decision except his parents and the child until he/she gets to be of legal age to change it. the child is not being physically harmed. we dont have to like it, but we have to respect their decision.
Its child abuse..that’s why its not allowed..stopped before it harms the child...I don’t think its a problem.

justjess

Superstar
Its child abuse..that’s why its not allowed..stopped before it harms the child...I don’t think its a problem.
I don’t think you understand the definition of child abuse. Not even a little bit.

Lisa

Superstar
the world is very lucky that you are not in any position of power.
I don’t believe I ever said I wanted to be in a position of power..so maybe it all works out?

I don’t think you understand the definition of child abuse. Not even a little bit.
It’s child abuse to saddle your child with an unfortunate name that could cause the child to be shunned or bullied...it’s cruel.

polymoog

Superstar
It’s child abuse to saddle your child with an unfortunate name that could cause the child to be shunned or bullied...it’s cruel.
its pure opinion to say whether someones name is offensive or not, but you want the government to step in and straighten this out. think for a second: imagine a progressive president gets into power after you have your way with changing the law-- making the government decide what is and what isnt cruel for a childs name-- and this progressive president says we need to end racism and white supremacy, so all bibilical names are banned. how would you like that? how would you like it if they decided that it was their opinion that white names add to white supremacy and names like greg, chad, and tyler are too white and all infants need a race- neutral name?

I don’t believe I ever said I wanted to be in a position of power..so maybe it all works out?
until you and others who think like you see the danger in having government make these decisions for us, it doesnt work out.

Lisa

Superstar
its pure opinion to say whether someones name is offensive or not, but you want the government to step in and straighten this out. think for a second: imagine a progressive president gets into power after you have your way with changing the law-- making the government decide what is and what isnt cruel for a childs name-- and this progressive president says we need to end racism and white supremacy, so all bibilical names are banned. how would you like that? how would you like it if they decided that it was their opinion that white names add to white supremacy and names like greg, chad, and tyler are too white and all infants need a race- neutral name?

until you and others who think like you see the danger in having government make these decisions for us, it doesnt work out.
Someone’s got to figure it out if the parents are foolish enough to saddle their kids with a bad name. Or if there are nightly riots and one arm of the government won’t stop it..so another arm needs to step in and keep the peace. Sometimes those things have to happen in life.

I think it’s been around for awhile that you can’t name your kid certain names and it hasn’t been modified to add Christian names though that’s not to say that won’t happen. But I doubt it will happen because you can’t give your kid the name Lucifer or Adolf.

polymoog

Superstar
Someone’s got to figure it out if the parents are foolish enough to saddle their kids with a bad name.
you realize by not allowing the family to choose that name is infringing on their freedom of religion? (if they are a member of, say, the church of satan) i want to clarify that you are OK with removing their right.

Lisa

Superstar
you realize by not allowing the family to choose that name is infringing on their freedom of religion? (if they are a member of, say, the church of satan) i want to clarify that you are OK with removing their right.
I’m ok with their child not being saddled with a name that could adversely effect it’s life because the parents are ignorant morons.

But I think in the article..they were allowed to name their sweet child with the devils name.

Tidal

Star
if kids don't like the stupid name that their parents saddled him/her with, when they get older they can always choose to be known by their middle name if that sounds better.
My parents gave me the name 'Michael' which is not bad, but they called me 'Micky' through most of my childhood which I hated, so i eventually told them to stop calling me that, and call me Mick instead, and they complied..:)

PS- at school there was a boy whose parents had named 'Jesse', and another boy called 'Kim', and naturally they were made fun of.

justjess

Superstar

Like I said, you don’t understand what child abuse means. It’s more then being “cruel” for starters.

justjess

Superstar
Someone’s got to figure it out if the parents are foolish enough to saddle their kids with a bad name. Or if there are nightly riots and one arm of the government won’t stop it..so another arm needs to step in and keep the peace. Sometimes those things have to happen in life.

I think it’s been around for awhile that you can’t name your kid certain names and it hasn’t been modified to add Christian names though that’s not to say that won’t happen. But I doubt it will happen because you can’t give your kid the name Lucifer or Adolf.
I had a client who’s name was hitler. Your full of shit.

and no, we absolutely do not “need” to live in a nanny state. If it was something that didn’t agree with your preconceived bullshit you’d be saying the same.

Lisa

Superstar
Like I said, you don’t understand what child abuse means. It’s more then being “cruel” for starters.
It’s cruelty for sure..I’m not sure why that bothers you so much.

I had a client who’s name was hitler. Your full of shit.

and no, we absolutely do not “need” to live in a nanny state. If it was something that didn’t agree with your preconceived bullshit you’d be saying the same.
Do you wake up angry? Sheesh! I can’t imagine what it would be like to be you and be forever angry with someone you disagree with.

justjess

Superstar
It’s cruelty for sure..I’m not sure why that bothers you so much.

Do you wake up angry? Sheesh! I can’t imagine what it would be like to be you and be forever angry with someone you disagree with.
Cruelty =/= child abuse. And it’s only cruelty in your subjective opinion.

how did you decide I was angry? You realize this is a deflection because you have no answer. I am not angry and nothing in my response indicated anger but because you have no good response to why you support a nanny state when it agrees with your opinions while ranting about it otherwise and accusing liberals of wanting one you will deflect with personal insults.