Random Thoughts

DesertRose

Superstar
We should probably all start thinking about what we could improve on going forward after this lockdown...
Hey Haich (AA) I had my youngest in a good primary school till last year but this year we were traveling so we traditionally home-schooled for the first half of the year. This half of the year we are distance learning and she has online teachers at the moment and software like Rosetta Stone French. I am so glad she doesn't have to sit around!
Here is a good book for your little one, if she/he is ready to sit for 10 minutes::)

Last edited:

Haich

Superstar
Hey Haich (AA) I had my youngest in a good primary school till last year but this year we were traveling so we traditionally home-schooled for the first half of the year. This half of the year we are distance learning and she has 4 teachers online at the moment and software like Rosetta Stone French. I am so glad she doesn't have to sit around!
Here is a good book for your little one, if she/he is ready to sit for 10 minutes::)
Jzk sis, much appreciated! Will definitely come in handy :)

Haich

Superstar
So there's a 5G mast in my town now...wasn't there last week so must've been put up over the weekend.

These people putting up these masts, are they key workers? Hm. Why are they out building these things? Who asked for 5G!?

Concerned for my health as it's a 10 minute drive from my door...

Awoken2

Superstar
So there's a 5G mast in my town now...wasn't there last week so must've been put up over the weekend.

These people putting up these masts, are they key workers? Hm. Why are they out building these things? Who asked for 5G!?

Concerned for my health as it's a 10 minute drive from my door...
The fact that they are going full speed ahead with the implementation of this whilst the rest of the country grinds to a halt should be the biggest red flag of them all.

Have you, or anybody you know ever made the comment that they just wished they could download a film in 2 seconds?

.....nope, me neither.

Haich

Superstar
The fact that they are going full speed ahead with the implementation of this whilst the rest of the country grinds to a halt should be the biggest red flag of them all.

Have you, or anybody you know ever made the comment that they just wished they could download a film in 2 seconds?

.....nope, me neither.
Precisely, I'm perfectly happy with my current wifi and 4g speeds. Does the job.

Very concerning this is all being done whilst we're stuck indoors.

Dalit

Star
The corona virus has taught me that while I am economically liberal.. I’m pretty much a libertarian otherwise. Also, toddlers who don’t nap are torture.

Anyone else learning new things about themselves?
I have a crush on Gov Cuomo but then I've never met an Andrew I didn't like. :)

Think I'm ambiverted. While there are perks to working from home, I miss people, even annoying people who clear their throat constantly and have personal calls going all day long. I need a delicate balance between being around people and not being around people. Too much in either direction isn't wise.

justjess

Superstar
I have a crush on Gov Cuomo but then I've never met an Andrew I didn't like. :)

Think I'm ambiverted. While there are perks to working from home, I miss people, even annoying people who clear their throat constantly and have personal calls going all day long. I need a delicate balance between being around people and not being around people. Too much in either direction isn't wise.
Is the weather nice by you? We were starting to feel really bad but then the weather got nicer and spending time out in the yard really helped

justjess

Superstar
It is. I should walk more outside (with a mask on, of course).
Sometimes I forget how lucky we are to have a yard. Which is silly because we only moved here because of how important Having a yard was to us.

Definitely get out and walk. Definitely take precautions.

Lisa

Superstar
Looks like they just wanted privacy...