Random Thoughts

justjess

Superstar
I applied to adopt a rescue dog since I have so much unexpected free time on my hands and the kids have been bugging me that they want a puppy for atleast a year now.

Let’s see if a get approved this time. Last time (10 years ago) I was declined because apparantly I worked too much and since I had never had a dog or pet before.

free2018

Star
If you are a narcissist, why do you move into a condo? Why not a gulag where you can be around other "psychopaths"?

Lisa

Superstar
If you are a narcissist, why do you move into a condo? Why not a gulag where you can be around other "psychopaths"?
Don’t they want to be the head psychopath? Besides they don’t know they are like that apparently.

free2018

Star
Don’t they want to be the head psychopath? Besides they don’t know they are like that apparently.
They are completely unaware. Maybe they are borderlines? They are passive-aggressive. IDK. I don't care. I just am over living around complete narcissists all the time. Draining, to say the least.

Lisa

Superstar
They are completely unaware. Maybe they are borderlines? They are passive-aggressive. IDK. I don't care. I just am over living around complete narcissists all the time. Draining, to say the least.
Ya I get that..I think my dad and sister are narcs. I didn’t realize that for a long time and could never figure out what my sisters problem was..until lately..

Ya narcs are draining, sorry you have to put up with it. :(

From what I know they hide their behavior from themselves or something. I commented on some narcs website and he says they don’t know they are like they are. I find it hard to understand but I’ve read other places that this is true.

free2018

Star
Ya I get that..I think my dad and sister are narcs. I didn’t realize that for a long time and could never figure out what my sisters problem was..until lately..

Ya narcs are draining, sorry you have to put up with it. :(

From what I know they hide their behavior from themselves or something. I commented on some narcs website and he says they don’t know they are like they are. I find it hard to understand but I’ve read other places that this is true.
Thanks. I get it.
Yeah, my mother is a real narcissist-- malignant. It's very draining.
I was dealing with her last night and it was the usual triangulation.
They are very draining.
The people in the building are not as draining as family or friends.
Heard about this lady that covers it a bit. I don't watch her but a friend does:

I don't know.

Human101

I applied to adopt a rescue dog since I have so much unexpected free time on my hands and the kids have been bugging me that they want a puppy for atleast a year now.

Let’s see if a get approved this time. Last time (10 years ago) I was declined because apparantly I worked too much and since I had never had a dog or pet before.
I used to work for an Australian Animal Rescue and can tell you, don't take it personal. It's surprising how many people apply to adopt a dog (especially the young ones & pups). We've had hundreds of applications (for puppys) to sift through, talk with applicants and visit potential homes. If you have that much choice you go with the "best of the best" which, in that industry, are people who have LOADS of free time, enough coin to provide adequate further care and a great environment (big house/ garden/ experience with dogs).
It's different with the older dogs though, especially the ones that already deal with medical issues. They've been there for years and keep getting returned, which we allowed. Rather back to us than to someone who doesn't treat them right.

My point, don't feel let down. You and the right one will find each other at the right time. Maybe this time is now :)

justjess

Superstar
I used to work for an Australian Animal Rescue and can tell you, don't take it personal. It's surprising how many people apply to adopt a dog (especially the young ones & pups). We've had hundreds of applications (for puppys) to sift through, talk with applicants and visit potential homes. If you have that much choice you go with the "best of the best" which, in that industry, are people who have LOADS of free time, enough coin to provide adequate further care and a great environment (big house/ garden/ experience with dogs).
It's different with the older dogs though, especially the ones that already deal with medical issues. They've been there for years and keep getting returned, which we allowed. Rather back to us than to someone who doesn't treat them right.

My point, don't feel let down. You and the right one will find each other at the right time. Maybe this time is now :)
Oh I’ve read stories so though I was disappointed I didn’t take it too personally. The crappy thing is they drive people to go purchase pups from puppy stores and breeders by doing this. Which is a shame.