Random Thoughts

Lisa

Superstar
Why do I always feel like I’m talking to the same 5 people who ask the same questions and they all dislike me...O! That’s right because I am...:rolleyes: lol...sometimes I feel like I’m really only talking to one person with many heads ;)

Has anyone ever eaten or made a dish with Durian? If so, can you please tell me what it tastes like and when the smell of it goes away? I'm just genuinely curious as I saw some on special at an Asian supermarket in a bag and it looked like a bigger pineapple but with no stock/leaves at the top.

Thanks.

Has anyone ever eaten or made a dish with Durian? If so, can you please tell me what it tastes like and when the smell of it goes away? I'm just genuinely curious as I saw some on special at an Asian supermarket in a bag and it looked like a bigger pineapple but with no stock/leaves at the top.

Thanks.
had some frozen thawed durian with my father when we stopped at an asian supermarket on a whim. for me, it was garlicky, creamy custard. the smell was horrific, which is why its banned in some asian places for the tourists. i was stunned when my father tasted it and thought it was pretty good.
the smell, if i remember, went away rather quickly when we threw the chunk away.
the internal fruit configuration is similar to jackfruit or breadnuts and the marang (artocarpus spp.). with the durian and the jackfruit, you get these fruit 'bulbs' which you pull out and eat. theres a slime factor involved.

try it. youll risk a few bucks but gain a worthwhile experience.
pick me up a dry spicy squid stick while youre there.

had some frozen thawed durian with my father when we stopped at an asian supermarket on a whim. for me, it was garlicky, creamy custard. the smell was horrific, which is why its banned in some asian places for the tourists. i was stunned when my father tasted it and thought it was pretty good.
the smell, if i remember, went away rather quickly when we threw the chunk away.
the internal fruit configuration is similar to jackfruit or breadnuts and the marang (artocarpus spp.). with the durian and the jackfruit, you get these fruit 'bulbs' which you pull out and eat. theres a slime factor involved.

try it. youll risk a few bucks but gain a worthwhile experience.
pick me up a dry spicy squid stick while youre there.
Thanks for this - much appreciated. I might take the plunge and try some while it's warm enough for the windows and doors to be opened.

If I see any dry spicy squid stick, I'll let you know. :)

Should I? I would imagine to be liked around here I’d have to agree with my detractors and then I would be liked.
No... that’s actually not a requirement. I like kung fu, I like lurker, I even like thunderian and I agree with little (if anything) they say. I don’t agree with red sky on anything at all but I think he’s a good person and I like him quite a bit.

It isn’t about agreement. It’s about who you are as a person.

Oh @The Zone - we haven’t been able to come even close to agreement on a single thing since 2016 and things have even gotten nasty. But guess what? I like him too.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
My husband thinks this is the funniest joke;

President trump is thinking about getting a dog..he’d like a border collie...haha!