Random Thoughts

Lisa

Superstar
LONDON — Life is full of decisions. From seemingly small decisions like what to eat for dinner, to much more consequential ones such as choosing a career to pursue, we are all faced with numerous choices on a daily basis. It’s human nature to look back at the roads we didn’t take and wonder, “What if?” Yet a new survey conducted in England has revealed that a staggering amount of people are unhappy with the way they’ve lived their lives.
https://www.studyfinds.org/hindsight-is-20-20-four-out-of-ten-adults-regret-their-life-choices/

What if is such a dead end thought process and not adequate in looking back. You don’t know that the other road(s) would have been better than the one you chose.

polymoog

Superstar
LONDON — Life is full of decisions. From seemingly small decisions like what to eat for dinner, to much more consequential ones such as choosing a career to pursue, we are all faced with numerous choices on a daily basis. It’s human nature to look back at the roads we didn’t take and wonder, “What if?” Yet a new survey conducted in England has revealed that a staggering amount of people are unhappy with the way they’ve lived their lives.
https://www.studyfinds.org/hindsight-is-20-20-four-out-of-ten-adults-regret-their-life-choices/

What if is such a dead end thought process and not adequate in looking back. You don’t know that the other road(s) would have been better than the one you chose.
no one is happy about anything: their job, their body, their past, their partner, etc., etc. people love finding drama.
people in general are quite annoying.

[bracing for impact for someone to say, "you especially!"]

JoChris

Superstar
Our dog who died a couple of years ago would only throw up in my daughter’s room and only in the middle of the night..haha. Don’t know why he did that until she told me she used to feed him circus animal cookies in her room...he liked the white and she liked the pink. So, then I was thinking..no wonder he was so fat when I made sure he didn’t over eat..lol! He didn’t die because of being overweight though, he lived his long life and died on my kitchen floor one day, it was horrible..but anyway, our dog now has thrown up a couple of times..don’t know why..but in the living room on the hard wood.
At least washing the wooden floor takes less time than carpet. I hate getting rid of carpet stains.

DevaWolf

Veteran
Heatwave over here, not happy with it. I suffer from a medical condition that makes me dehydrate quickly, so I hope it will pass soon.

I do wonder what is up with the climate, whether the change is natural or caused by man.

DevaWolf

Veteran
He was telling the church elite who didn’t really know God that they were hypocrites and wrong...not the same as rebelling.
You repeat the same thing, I repeat the same thing. Let's leave it be.

Lisa

Superstar
Why do I always feel like I’m talking to the same 5 people who ask the same questions and they all dislike me...O! That’s right because I am...:rolleyes: lol...sometimes I feel like I’m really only talking to one person with many heads ;)

Has anyone ever eaten or made a dish with Durian? If so, can you please tell me what it tastes like and when the smell of it goes away? I'm just genuinely curious as I saw some on special at an Asian supermarket in a bag and it looked like a bigger pineapple but with no stock/leaves at the top.

Thanks.

polymoog

Superstar
Has anyone ever eaten or made a dish with Durian? If so, can you please tell me what it tastes like and when the smell of it goes away? I'm just genuinely curious as I saw some on special at an Asian supermarket in a bag and it looked like a bigger pineapple but with no stock/leaves at the top.

Thanks.
had some frozen thawed durian with my father when we stopped at an asian supermarket on a whim. for me, it was garlicky, creamy custard. the smell was horrific, which is why its banned in some asian places for the tourists. i was stunned when my father tasted it and thought it was pretty good.
the smell, if i remember, went away rather quickly when we threw the chunk away.
the internal fruit configuration is similar to jackfruit or breadnuts and the marang (artocarpus spp.). with the durian and the jackfruit, you get these fruit 'bulbs' which you pull out and eat. theres a slime factor involved.

try it. youll risk a few bucks but gain a worthwhile experience.
pick me up a dry spicy squid stick while youre there.

had some frozen thawed durian with my father when we stopped at an asian supermarket on a whim. for me, it was garlicky, creamy custard. the smell was horrific, which is why its banned in some asian places for the tourists. i was stunned when my father tasted it and thought it was pretty good.
the smell, if i remember, went away rather quickly when we threw the chunk away.
the internal fruit configuration is similar to jackfruit or breadnuts and the marang (artocarpus spp.). with the durian and the jackfruit, you get these fruit 'bulbs' which you pull out and eat. theres a slime factor involved.

try it. youll risk a few bucks but gain a worthwhile experience.
pick me up a dry spicy squid stick while youre there.
Thanks for this - much appreciated. I might take the plunge and try some while it's warm enough for the windows and doors to be opened.

If I see any dry spicy squid stick, I'll let you know. :)

justjess

Superstar
Should I? I would imagine to be liked around here I’d have to agree with my detractors and then I would be liked.
No... that’s actually not a requirement. I like kung fu, I like lurker, I even like thunderian and I agree with little (if anything) they say. I don’t agree with red sky on anything at all but I think he’s a good person and I like him quite a bit.

It isn’t about agreement. It’s about who you are as a person.

Oh @The Zone - we haven’t been able to come even close to agreement on a single thing since 2016 and things have even gotten nasty. But guess what? I like him too.

Last edited: