Random Thoughts

Lisa

Superstar
No you shouldn’t think that but you also wouldn’t have to worry about your children being ripped away from you and housed like dogs in a damn cage. Worse than dogs in a cage because if someone was treating dogs like that they’d be charged with animal cruelty.
Where are they gonna keep people that don’t get to come in yet?

justjess

Superstar
Where are they gonna keep people that don’t get to come in yet?
We have never done this before Lisa so clearly they had it figured out. Keep them in family detention if you must. Or let the kids be cared for by a relative or in a foster home. It’s more humane and way cheaper. They are charging $775/day per child in these places

Lisa

Superstar
We have never done this before Lisa so clearly they had it figured out. Keep them in family detention if you must. Or let the kids be cared for by a relative or in a foster home. It’s more humane and way cheaper. They are charging $775/day per child in these places
Those people aren’t Americans, why would we put their kids in our foster care system? And why would we let the kids of non citizens come into our country at all? They can all come in when they are all approved.

justjess

Superstar
Those people aren’t Americans, why would we put their kids in our foster care system? And why would we let the kids of non citizens come into our country at all? They can all come in when they are all approved.
You have a legal right to show up at the border and request asylum.

Why would u put them in foster care? Because it’s more humane and it also costs less.

Isn’t that what you guys are always bitching about “ILLEGA IMMIGRATION COSTS MONEY” - well congrats, you’ve found the single most expensive way to deal with the issue. For what? To what purpose? Just so you can get your sadistic nut off and feel justified about it?

Lisa

Superstar
You have a legal right to show up at the border and request asylum.

Why would u put them in foster care? Because it’s more humane and it also costs less.

Isn’t that what you guys are always bitching about “ILLEGA IMMIGRATION COSTS MONEY” - well congrats, you’ve found the single most expensive way to deal with the issue. For what? To what purpose? Just so you can get your sadistic nut off and feel justified about it?
Lol! Now I’ve always been complaining about illegal immigration costing money? When did I do that? Or is that another generality?

Great! You can, but know before you go. Just like if I want to visit another country, I should know their rules before I go, right? If you want to live here legally, know what will happen to you and your family before you come here, maybe don’t come to the border for asylum then especially since they are having to process so many people right now.

This whole thing is blown out of proportion anyway, since trump is president, I’ve read that this process has been in place before he even got into the White House. So, then you have to take what you hear about it with a grain of salt. Perhaps its really as bad as the media says..and maybe not?

You put them in foster care and the next thing is they are in the US foster care..they need to be made citizens to stay in the foster care system....they aren’t citizens. The parents can leave them at home with relatives there and then when they get their paperwork, send for their kids.

justjess

Superstar
We never before ripped children away from their parents at the border and then held them in cages. Never. I don’t know what you are smoking. And I can’t for the life of me wrap my head around how you are justifying this.

You absolutely do not have to be a United States citizen to be in the foster care system. Absolutely not. Where do you even get this stuff?

People complain about immigrants because they cost us money, supposedly. If you have a different complaint feel free to share it.

Lisa

Superstar
We never before ripped children away from their parents at the border and then held them in cages. Never. I don’t know what you are smoking. And I can’t for the life of me wrap my head around how you are justifying this.

You absolutely do not have to be a United States citizen to be in the foster care system. Absolutely not. Where do you even get this stuff?

People complain about immigrants because they cost us money, supposedly. If you have a different complaint feel free to share it.
I just think people should respect the laws of the nation they want to enter. If you respect our laws, you might follow them, and you should follow them. If you get in by flaunting the laws...then I think you have no respect for our laws and you might think you don’t have to live under them.

As for the kids, yes, I still think its the parents who need to watch out for their well being..that’s our jobs as parents. Its not the governments job or the extended families job, its the parental job.

Like I said, this didn’t just start under trump..and if they are being put in a detention camp...maybe we need to see how it all started...with caravans of thousands of people marching through Mexico demanding to be let in to the US...they didn’t start out well did they? Or how about the people who were here legally and then let their legal status lapse and they try to stay anyway. Actions tend to have consequences and negative actions tend to have negative consequences.

justjess

Superstar
You know what... you never answered my question.

If we remove a child from their parents is it okay for us to put them into an abusive foster home? Would we share in the liability for that?

And what exactly is the objection to placing these children into foster care? Or atleast detaining the families as a unit?

Lisa

Superstar
You know what... you never answered my question.

If we remove a child from their parents is it okay for us to put them into an abusive foster home? Would we share in the liability for that?
I did answer your question, I said I didn’t know what that had to do with the kids being detained.

Kids are being put into foster homes all the time because not everyone who is a foster care parent is in it for the right reasons, so with less good volunteers they allow less then good people to volunteer so they can have a place for the kids.

And again if parents were parenting their kids with their well being in mind kids wouldn’t have to go to the iffy foster care system..it all depends on the parents, doesn’t it?

Who are the rosary prayers to?
Does their religious custom change who is being more of an example of Christ?

Who lived a more Christ-like life? Servant of God Dorothy Day who lived among the masses and dedicated her entire life to them, who lived and died modestly, or Billy Graham who died with millions of dollars and was whispering in the ears of the rich and powerful, the elite if you will, his whole life?

Lisa

Superstar
Does their religious custom change who is being more of an example of Christ?

Who lived a more Christ-like life? Servant of God Dorothy Day who lived among the masses and dedicated her entire life to them, who lived and died modestly, or Billy Graham who died with millions of dollars and was whispering in the ears of the rich and powerful, the elite if you will, his whole life?
You were taking about how the catholics were idolators, they are. And since they are idolators, how do they know what Christ is like? They even make it so He can’t save anyone without His mommy and that’s not Jesus.

Ya, can’t say I would want anyone to follow Billy Graham...not because of his money but that he fell away himself, bowing to the pope and sending catholics who wanted to be saved at his rally’s back to the catholic church! I’m not familiar with Dorothy Day.

You were taking about how the catholics were idolators, they are. And since they are idolators, how do they know what Christ is like? They even make it so He can’t save anyone without His mommy and that’s not Jesus.

Ya, can’t say I would want anyone to follow Billy Graham...not because of his money but that he fell away himself, bowing to the pope and sending catholics who wanted to be saved at his rally’s back to the catholic church! I’m not familiar with Dorothy Day.
The point goes over your head so much that I feel like I’m talking to a child. Kids take everything literally and have very little understanding of abstract thinking but they get it eventually.

Anyway the point is the nuns took the moral stand on this moral issue of their time. No matter how they display that faith they acted in accordance with that 90’s relic, WWJD?????

Compare Dorothy with any evangelical or fundamentalist thinker you like. I guarantee you she will come on top. There was never a better representative of the love of Christ as her. Catholic as she was.

Lisa

Superstar
The point goes over your head so much that I feel like I’m talking to a child. Kids take everything literally and have very little understanding of abstract thinking but they get it eventually.
Not really, I make better points..

Anyway the point is the nuns took the moral stand on this moral issue of their time. No matter how they display that faith they acted in accordance with that 90’s relic, WWJD?????
They may have acted in accordance to the relic wwjd, but did they act like Christ? Or is the moral stand..don’t break the law and come illegally?

Compare Dorothy with any evangelical or fundamentalist thinker you like. I guarantee you she will come on top. There was never a better representative of the love of Christ as her. Catholic as she was.
She was a rebel and acted like one..Jesus wasn’t a rebel but an obeyed of the Father.