Random Thoughts

Carolyn

Star
New laptop came today, its brilliant, gonna take a cpl days to get used to the keyboard but its so fast and easy to use, well chuffed just need to put a sticker over my webcam and mic lol hate having a webcam, never ever use the thing! :D gonna get a external hard drive though in a cpl weeks cause its got a small ssd but wow so fast and much better grip at the bottom, hopefully no yanking it off the stool trippihng over it and def no drinks sitting on it ever lol :D woooo so chuffed maybe I can get back to doing stuff on my laptop now I can multitask lol

Lonk

Established
Dammit this site keeps ruining things for me gah, you know the whole object covering one eye symbolism thing? Well it's clearly super popular among non-satanists because I see it on occasion in fanart for series and even though the chance of that artist being involved in that crap is less than 1% most likely, it still kinda ruins it for me. There was this beautiful piece of art an artist did and the official twitter for the series even retweeted it, but then I saw another piece of art they did for their Patreon and it has a character with his sword covering one eye, and all I could think was "what kind of contract did you sign to get the official twitter to retweet your art!?" ...But logically I know that's not how it works, because I had a drawing of my own retweeted by an official account too, several years ago, and I never signed anything or sold my soul to get that sweet, sweet exposure. :p Dammit.

Carolyn

Star
I bought some CBD buds and made cannabutter! Just making a huge batch of epic brownies with 80% cocoa chocolate and white and milk chocolate chips and some chopped up salted caramel fuge with some extra sea salt thrown in too, they look and smell amazing, out the oven in 7 mins lol :D

Violette

Star
I bought some CBD buds and made cannabutter! Just making a huge batch of epic brownies with 80% cocoa chocolate and white and milk chocolate chips and some chopped up salted caramel fuge with some extra sea salt thrown in too, they look and smell amazing, out the oven in 7 mins lol :D
Send me some please and thank you!

Lonk

Established
I consider myself quite left leaning but I foolishly argued with an even more left leaning person about guns, and they said that I would be "just as much of a murderer" if I killed a school shooter instead of trying to "incapacitate" them. (As if there'd even be time to stop and carefully aim for their hands or legs)

What.

I don't understand how killing a school shooter who has killed many people already is a bad thing. Is it no longer acceptable to kill to protect the masses anymore? Do we have to value everyone's life, even at the cost of other peoples' lives? I don't understand how someone could possibly say to my face that I'm a piece of shit for "wanting" to kill a school shooter, should the situation arise. Children's lives are at stake in a situation like that, there is no time to try and incapacitate them. There is no choice but to either kill them or let them continue their rampage, and quite frankly I choose the first any day. If that makes me "morally corrupt" then so be it. It's really disgusting honestly that they value the life of a murderer over the lives of innocent children. And that they had the audacity to say I shouldn't be allowed near guns...because I'm willing to use them. They're comparing me, someone who would be willing to murder a murderer (which is perfectly legal in my state, especially if they're actively murdering others as it happens), to someone who wakes up and decides they're going to spray a bunch of high schoolers with bullets.

Actually, it's not just disgusting, it's extremely infuriating. I don't think I'm going to be friends with these 3 people anymore if they seriously call me morally corrupt for wanting to save lives.

Lurker

Star
I consider myself quite left leaning but I foolishly argued with an even more left leaning person about guns, and they said that I would be "just as much of a murderer" if I killed a school shooter instead of trying to "incapacitate" them.
I would say that killing them does incapacitate them. JS

mecca

Superstar
I consider myself quite left leaning but I foolishly argued with an even more left leaning person about guns, and they said that I would be "just as much of a murderer" if I killed a school shooter instead of trying to "incapacitate" them. (As if there'd even be time to stop and carefully aim for their hands or legs)

What.

I don't understand how killing a school shooter who has killed many people already is a bad thing. Is it no longer acceptable to kill to protect the masses anymore? Do we have to value everyone's life, even at the cost of other peoples' lives? I don't understand how someone could possibly say to my face that I'm a piece of shit for "wanting" to kill a school shooter, should the situation arise. Children's lives are at stake in a situation like that, there is no time to try and incapacitate them. There is no choice but to either kill them or let them continue their rampage, and quite frankly I choose the first any day. If that makes me "morally corrupt" then so be it. It's really disgusting honestly that they value the life of a murderer over the lives of innocent children. And that they had the audacity to say I shouldn't be allowed near guns...because I'm willing to use them. They're comparing me, someone who would be willing to murder a murderer (which is perfectly legal in my state, especially if they're actively murdering others as it happens), to someone who wakes up and decides they're going to spray a bunch of high schoolers with bullets.

Actually, it's not just disgusting, it's extremely infuriating. I don't think I'm going to be friends with these 3 people anymore if they seriously call me morally corrupt for wanting to save lives.
Self defense isn't immoral.

Lonk

Established
I would say that killing them does incapacitate them. JS
Yes. And as I explained to these 3, it's actually much more difficult to incapacitate someone with a shot to the leg, even if they aren't expecting it and even if it hits just right to make their leg muscles collapse. They still weren't having it and said there is "never a justification for killing someone", completely unwilling to accept that not killing a school shooter would end in even more tragedy. Also, most of the time what happens when you non-fatally (or at least not-as-soon-to-be-fatal) shoot a criminal, they get more mad and will fire back. I brought this conversation up with my father who is a retired police officer, and he confirmed with me that, assuming you don't just straight up miss the school shooter, chances are they're going to turn around and spray YOU with bullets. There really is no other option in that scenario (or any scenario where you're dealing with an armed criminal, i.e. a burglary) other than aiming to kill. Besides, there's no way you'd step a foot into prison for killing a school shooter. Even if guns weren't allowed on campus, chances are you'd be forgiven for it.

I don't understand why leftists like them hate themselves so much they view their lives, and my life, as worth less than a mass murderer's.

Self defense isn't immoral.
I agree. They clearly don't. I didn't even realize one could have a different opinion on this, I thought it was pretty common sense. But they're all from Europe, so I should've expected them to have a skewed, warped idea of morality.

justjess

Superstar
If they were actively shooting people up and you killed them, great! No problem.

If they were no longer a threat and had been subdued not so much, you arent judge and jury.

Carolyn

Star
meh, been in so much pain lately, pretty much everywhere hurtss almost all the time, legs actually been much much worse since moving and no stairs, hows that for a slap in the face or maybe its just I would be sore no matter what. Really dunno but its unbearable even with painkillers so without them its nightmare, top it off with the neighbours being complete cunts!