Random Thoughts

Todd

Star
No, I said that maybe Christians are here to be the light in the darkness.
Which is a religious way of saying proselytize. The only way to be light in the darkness is through Love and you can’t effectively Love people through an Internet forum.
Todd be like - Why are you resisting, i will put words in your mouth one way or another :D Hilarious conversation...
Sorry, I apologize for putting words in Lisa’s mouth. Lisa please forgive me!

It’s a personal pet pieve of mine that Christians think preaching (or talking) which is really all you can do on an Internet forum is being a light in the darkness. Love your neighbor as yourself is how you be a light in the darkness (Matthew 5:16)

Lisa

Superstar
Which is a religious way of saying proselytize. The only way to be light in the darkness is through Love and you can’t effectively Love people through an Internet forum.

It’s a personal pet pieve of mine that Christians think preaching (or talking) which is really all you can do on an Internet forum is being a light in the darkness. Love your neighbor as yourself is how you be a light in the darkness (Matthew 5:16)
Still putting those words in my mouth....lol!

Todd

Star
Still putting those words in my mouth....lol!
I apologized for that and then added my thoughts about being a light in the darkness that had nothing to do with you personally

Again I’m sorry if I misrepresented what you were trying to say. Please forgive me?

Lisa

Superstar
I apologized for that and then added my thoughts about being a light in the darkness that had nothing to do with you personally

Again I’m sorry if I misrepresented what you were trying to say. Please forgive me?
I forgive you.

Lisa

Superstar
You know I actually run across these real Christians such as yourself.... and it is like encountering a person who just arrived from a spaceship...... where do such people come from???? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

whatever the case..... I am glad such people exist. it is good to see there are still people who believe in basic, natural human decency.

For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good...
-2nd Timothy 3:2-3

I can definitely see some people who are without natural affection..... and they think that natural affection is "weakness" and their attitude is "strength"...... I don't think it's the holy spirit that makes them think that way. It certainly isn't the spirit of Jesus Christ. That type of mindset is not something to emulate.

Although.... I am glad such genuine Christians like you exist... but maybe not so glad :D:D:D .... it makes me feel there is less excuse for my own sinfulness!
What is the spirit of Jesus?

Loki

Established

I got what you meant Todd. It's an egotistical way of looking at things. Everything and everyone else is in the dark, clueless, and unholy but I'm here to help them and be their light! Hooray for me and my beliefs that are more right than everyone else's, because my beliefs say so!

As if it's not possible for a non-Christian to spread light and positivity. Though, I suppose from their viewpoint, if it ain't about Jesus/God then it ain't good.

Anyway, I'm not back or anything like Lisa and Aiylish (props on being mature and not getting booted yet Aiylish, hope you keep it up; this is a genuine compliment FYI, I was worried when you stopped visiting VF that you'd come back here to make trouble, but you seem to be doing well!). I just got an urge to check in since I haven't for a while. Hope everyone is doing well and hope you all have a great year! Try not to waste too much time on these forums. This is the only life we get (okay, the only life we know we get for sure) and it is short. Spend it doing things you love and that make you happy, not arguing about things that hardly matter with people you don't really know. But, I guess if that makes you happy, then keep on keeping on. Take care!

Damien50

Star
I'm a troll. Tee-hee-hee-hee.

@Todd criticism of the religious is strictly forbidden. When you fully accept Jesus and conform then... not even then.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
I got what you meant Todd. It's an egotistical way of looking at things. Everything and everyone else is in the dark, clueless, and unholy but I'm here to help them and be their light! Hooray for me and my beliefs that are more right than everyone else's, because my beliefs say so!

As if it's not possible for a non-Christian to spread light and positivity. Though, I suppose from their viewpoint, if it ain't about Jesus/God then it ain't good.

Anyway, I'm not back or anything like Lisa and Aiylish (props on being mature and not getting booted yet Aiylish, hope you keep it up; this is a genuine compliment FYI, I was worried when you stopped visiting VF that you'd come back here to make trouble, but you seem to be doing well!). I just got an urge to check in since I haven't for a while. Hope everyone is doing well and hope you all have a great year! Try not to waste too much time on these forums. This is the only life we get (okay, the only life we know we get for sure) and it is short. Spend it doing things you love and that make you happy, not arguing about things that hardly matter with people you don't really know. But, I guess if that makes you happy, then keep on keeping on. Take care!
I guess you could look at it that way, Loki. I don’t mean things like you put them though...whether you or anyone else believes it, I actually am being helpful when I talk about Jesus...

Not sure why the dig..but ok.

Loki

Established
I guess you could look at it that way, Loki. I don’t mean things like you put them though...whether you or anyone else believes it, I actually am being helpful when I talk about Jesus...

Not sure why the dig..but ok.
Well, you are intending to be helpful, that much I agree with, but you (though I wasn't intending to aim my post at you in particular so sorry if it seemed that way, I was responding to Todd who was talking about Christians in general) can't come to terms with the fact that your beliefs are equal in weight to pretty much everyone else's beliefs (Scientologists being an example of an exception haha). So when you are trying to be helpful by proselytizing, what you are actually doing is making yourself feel good about spreading your faith and the word of God to the masses, but to others you are being obstinate, refusing to look at things from any other perspective, and taking a moral absolute stance that simply causes them to feel negatively about your message and beliefs, and, particularly for the young and impressionable (which in the past have made up a good chunk of the audience here), making them feel guilty or bad about their own beliefs which are likely no better or worse than your own by any reasonable estimation, so long as they aren't harming anyone else or encouraging the harming of others with their beliefs.

That said, I do personally believe that you mean well, but clearly I believe that is because you have a very singular focus and refuse to open yourself up to anything other than what you've been told and have come to believe is "right" or "truth." So while the intentions may be pure, I don't think the actions are. But that's just my personal opinion on the matter.

Sorry if any of this is too blunt or offends at all, just trying to put it how I see it, and it's a pain enough to type so much on my phone, let alone take the time to edit it and be super tactful like I may have done in times past. Hopefully you and your family are happy and healthy!

Damien50

Star
Well, you are intending to be helpful, that much I agree with, but you (though I wasn't intending to aim my post at you in particular so sorry if it seemed that way, I was responding to Todd who was talking about Christians in general) can't come to terms with the fact that your beliefs are equal in weight to pretty much everyone else's beliefs (Scientologists being an example of an exception haha). So when you are trying to be helpful by proselytizing, what you are actually doing is making yourself feel good about spreading your faith and the word of God to the masses, but to others you are being obstinate, refusing to look at things from any other perspective, and taking a moral absolute stance that simply causes them to feel negatively about your message and beliefs, and, particularly for the young and impressionable (which in the past have made up a good chunk of the audience here), making them feel guilty or bad about their own beliefs which are likely no better or worse than your own by any reasonable estimation, so long as they aren't harming anyone else or encouraging the harming of others with their beliefs.

That said, I do personally believe that you mean well, but clearly I believe that is because you have a very singular focus and refuse to open yourself up to anything other than what you've been told and have come to believe is "right" or "truth." So while the intentions may be pure, I don't think the actions are. But that's just my personal opinion on the matter.

Sorry if any of this is too blunt or offends at all, just trying to put it how I see it, and it's a pain enough to type so much on my phone, let alone take the time to edit it and be super tactful like I may have done in times past. Hopefully you and your family are happy and healthy!
You get it. Congrats. Nothing against Lisa but those typez are unpleasant to deal with and at times make you want to run far from whatever they are selling.

Lisa

Superstar

I may not have taken it personally except for the little dig, that you aren’t back again like me....

That’s all well and good to say that I’m not harming anyone by my beliefs but what if they are harming themselves? I know that I can’t change anyone’s mind, but I want to give them something else to think about..
Because despite what many think, the things you believe do matter, as I’ve often tried to tell people

No, I’m not offended at what you say, Loki, I’m well aware of your views.

I was wondering how married life is going for you? I hope well, from what you said, you and your wife are well suited :)

Last edited: