Random Thoughts

Haich

Superstar
There's a lot of tension in the boards at the moment. Racial and religious. Personally, I think people have just made their feelings clear and shown their true colours.

Haich

Superstar
As usual, there's also a few new members adding fuel to the fire with controversial threads.

I really do ask myself what benefit there is in this forum anymore, for me anyway. I guess the few people I engage with and discuss topics with make it worthwhile.

The Zone

Star
Does anyone from the old VC boards remember what the old forum was like this time, last year? I find it interesting the atmosphere is somewhat the same. Maybe it’s the season that evokes the current postings?

Strange and sad to say the least.
Yep. Conversation is great but when emotion creeps in....it can turn ugly. I haven't really read the boards a lot of late and basically skim, but when I have jumped in, it has been sharky.

DesertRose

Superstar
Last edited:

The Zone

Star
It is hard to see beauty in oneself when you cannot see it in others. As I stated in another thread, bait rhymes with hate. When you are intentionally baiting, you are hating.

What bothers me most about some long time posters is that they zero in on a poster and are relentless in their thinly veiled attacks. It makes them look moronic when they spout off about self proclaimed massive gray matter intellect, yet they have not one single people skill tool in the head or shed.

There is constant baiting in the religious section. But the real laughable thing is the good old like button. The like button is for individual comments somebody likes or agrees with or simply saying you make a good point. When you like a comment, you do not necessarily agree with a posters entire body of work nor does that mean you are on side A or side B. A person should not go on your hate list nor be analyzed from a liked post.

People should try liking a comment of a person they do not always agree with. I mean, it is impossible not to find common ground 1% ovf the time with anyone unless you already have a person near the cliff you want to push them off. It is so ridiculously tiresome to see Muslims and Christians bait and go after one another every darn day this site exists. And so what if either side convinces the forty or so regular posters here or wins what they should know in their heart is an unwinnable argument?

My bet is that some peeps people skills force them to only converse in this forum more-so than in real life. For if they acted like they did in real life as they sometimes do here -- they'd prove my point that nobody wants anything to do with them. In that case, one runs to a forum to take out their angst and force their comments, sadly, arguing until each new moon while others around them (in the real world) are living life. In short, this board is not your life and if it is then you need to get one.

Rant over.

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
It is hard to see beauty in oneself when you cannot see it in others. As I stated in another thread, bait rhymes with hate. When you are intentionally baiting, you are hating.
Agreed, to reiterate:
How difficult is it to present your truths without making it about self or another poster nor stereotyping race, religion etc?
Is there a point whereby after a given interaction folks can just agree to disagree?
Can we not make it ugly?
Okay I understand we will continue to have the circular arguments.
Mostly as a result of newbies coming and bringing the same points that have been debunked on this site over and over again.
However, let us try and keep it impersonal and civil.

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
Odd, that people sometimes refer to this as a truther forum in between pushed agendas. Discussion is dead. Oh, and everything on the world wide web you read is real and accurate. Off to work a bit.
9/11 truth, the conspiracies surrounding current events, JFK,Trump, the truth and deception about histories and theologies and robots and ufos and magic......among other things. Some.people have tried to post and others post less but it is what it is. Not perfect.
Off to work you go.....:)

Last edited:

Etagloc

Superstar
"The great development of communication technology has made accessible a great amount of information. Yet, this does not mean that we can adequately use all this information. This Manual provides the tools to make a clever use of the information available. First of all, the author suggests, we have to collect the information from various sources, then it needs to be classified, further on it needs to be evaluated, not only to see if it can be trusted, but also regarding its quality. Further on, as part of processing the information, there must be a logic analysis that will enable the elaboration of premises and then the construction of hypothesis that will lead to decision making. A careful reading of this book will give the reader the knowledge, abilities and tools th"

-book description