Random Thoughts

Loki

Established
I know Flix wasn't the most popular member, but I personally kind of miss her. If nothing else she provided me several laughs when she would get into her rapid-fire short responses at people. I doubt she rejoins this time though, it just doesn't really make sense for her anymore.

I was also surprised that Aiylish/Chassidy/Tatilina hadn't tried joining again yet. She was one of the first to rejoin at Vigilant Forums when the last board went down, even though she'd been banned from the last VCF... And then she was the first person to be banned from the second Vigilant Forums anyway so... Maybe it's best if she doesn't try to join here haha. Or, maybe she is already here and just has better control of her rage issues now. Either way, hopefully she is in a better place mentally than she has been in the past. I feel like not being a member to these forums must do her a lot of good honestly.

Kung Fu

Superstar
I was also surprised that Aiylish/Chassidy/Tatilina hadn't tried joining again yet. She was one of the first to rejoin at Vigilant Forums when the last board went down, even though she'd been banned from the last VCF... And then she was the first person to be banned from the second Vigilant Forums anyway so... Maybe it's best if she doesn't try to join here haha. Or, maybe she is already here and just has better control of her rage issues now. Either way, hopefully she is in a better place mentally than she has been in the past. I feel like not being a member to these forums must do her a lot of good honestly.
I truly do believe that forums are bad for her health. She was a compulsive liar.

Loki

Established
I truly do believe that forums are bad for her health. She was a compulsive liar.
Yeah, I don't think we need to talk shit on her or anything, but the forums always seemed to bring out the worst in her eventually, so hopefully she continues to steer clear for her own sake. I was just reminiscing on past members and thinking about who still hadn't shown up that were active on the old boards. Pretty much the only ones I can think of now (aside from Flix and Aiylish) are Creep and TU but I know they don't want to join so that's totally fair.

Yeah, I don't think we need to talk shit on her or anything, but the forums always seemed to bring out the worst in her eventually, so hopefully she continues to steer clear for her own sake. I was just reminiscing on past members and thinking about who still hadn't shown up that were active on the old boards. Pretty much the only ones I can think of now (aside from Flix and Aiylish) are Creep and TU but I know they don't want to join so that's totally fair.
What about Goku? I want to know if DD was from the last forum and if so then who? I get a Flix vibe from TMT - maybe a close relative o_O

It's weird watching you talk about people I don't know. It's like when I changed schools and everyone knew each other already because they went to elementary and middle school together but I didn't know anyone.
Sorry there kid. Well you know "God is Formless" -- he/she was formerly known as 'Slave of God.' I think you will meet most everyone else here anyways.

It's weird watching you talk about people I don't know. It's like when I changed schools and everyone knew each other already because they went to elementary and middle school together but I didn't know anyone.
Interesting you should make the comparison because it's a lot like that. There were many personalities on the former VC boards who I thought were good contributors to conversations like DesertRose, Tarikko, Sidhuriel, Mark Smith, Alex, Portent and Sophiaponders. Of course there's no forgetting the late Riddler! There were others that were mentioned in previous posts and some I've probably forgotten, but those are who I can remember off hand. All brought their knowledge and information to topics and made them engaging.

That's not to say there are no good conversations going on now, they' just seem to be different somehow. To me, there seems to be more Linda Richman moments rather than investigating topics. Or, maybe it's where the world is at right now, and collectively, we've come to understand it better...?

Serendipity

Established
Interesting you should make the comparison because it's a lot like that. There were many personalities on the former VC boards who I thought were good contributors to conversations like DesertRose, Tarikko, Sidhuriel, Mark Smith, Alex, Portent and Sophiaponders. Of course there's no forgetting the late Riddler! There were others that were mentioned in previous posts and some I've probably forgotten, but those are who I can remember off hand. All brought their knowledge and information to topics and made them engaging.

That's not to say there are no good conversations going on now, they' just seem to be different somehow. To me, there seems to be more Linda Richman moments rather than investigating topics. Or, maybe it's where the world is at right now, and collectively, we've come to understand it better...?
It is different, I don't how exactly but it doesn't feel the same. I do hope that all the previous members come back.