Whatever things are honest,
Whatever things are just,
Whatever things are pure,
Whatever things are lovely,
Whatever things are of good report, if there be any virtue,
And if there be any praise,
Think on these things.
Philippians 4:8

I love this verse! I have part of it in my house on my wall and I know I walk past it more than I look at it and take it all in. It’s not easy to think like this..but when you do? It’s all good!

Lisa

Superstar
Whatever your trial—God sees.
Whatever your struggle—God knows.
Whatever your cry—God hears.
Whatever your difficulty—God cares.
Whatever you problem—God understands.
Whatever your need—God provides
—Roy Lessin

Lisa

Superstar
I saw this as an answer one time from Dr. Dobson..I know he’s an iffy guy to quote..but I liked this so much..much food for thought!!!

Imagine yourself near Niagra Falls. Suppose a circus performer has strung a rope across the falls with the intention of pushing a wheelbarrow to the other side. If he loses his balance, he will surely be killed. Just before stepping on the rope, he turns to you and says, “Do you think I can accomplish this feat?”

You reply that his reputation has preceded him and that you fully believe he has the ability to walk the tightrope. In other words, you have faith he will succed. But then he says, “if you really believe I can do it, how about getting in the wheelbarrow and crossing the other side with me?” To accept that invitation would show remarkable trust. It is not difficult for us to believe that God is capable of performing mighty deeds. After all, He created the entire universe from nothing. He has the power to do anything. Having faith in Him can be fairly straightforward.

To demonstrate trust, however, takes the relationship a step further. It involves risk. It requires us to depend on Him to keep His promises, even when proof is not provided. It is getting into the wheelbarrow and making the perilous journey across the falls. I’m convinced that faith in moments of crisis is insufficient unless we are also willing to trust our very lives to His care.

Lisa

Superstar
I have 3 plaques in my house and they all say the same thing, Love never fails and every time I look at one I always think God never fails. Some people say He does fail or failed us when He made us and He didn’t stop sin or evil but I think that that’s wrong thinking there.

God has never failed to be here loving me. In fact there is another scripture that says God will never leave us or forsake us which means the world to me because when everyone in my life left me, there was One still standing with me. He never left me, He didn’t forsake me and He kept loving me, helping me and He got my life back on track and I will always be so very grateful for God in my life!!

So when I look at those plaques they always make me smile because I remember in my life God has shown me that love never fails. :)

TokiEl

Superstar

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.​
What !? No more topless mamacitas on sandy beaches by the sea ?

Now i am annoyed lol.

Lisa

Superstar
107-Year-Old Bronx Woman On The Secret To Her Longevity: ‘I Never Got Married’
https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/07/31/107-year-old-bronx-woman-gets-birthday-bash/

The funny thing is...it’s always a different reason.
I kinda think it’s this reason...

Psalm 139:16
Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them.​
‭‭

Last edited:

Susu.mochi

Established
Thank you to whoever did this thread. So I have a thought about makeup. Is it a sin? Does it glorify our flesh or does it glorify God. There's a couple of videos that you should watch. One is a YouTube channel called jasmine Jasmine and the video is called why God told me to stop wearing makeup. I hope I can get your thoughts on it. God bless.❤

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Thank you to whoever did this thread. So I have a thought about makeup. Is it a sin? Does it glorify our flesh or does it glorify God. There's a couple of videos that you should watch. One is a YouTube channel called jasmine Jasmine and the video is called why God told me to stop wearing makeup. I hope I can get your thoughts on it. God bless.❤
I think sin depends on more on the condition of the heart, not on the externals. My mum doesn’t bother with make up much (partly due to being a bit allergic to it). My wife and daughter like to do nice make up, but not out of vanity, just because they like to...

I had a thought that as Eve (before the Fall) was likely more beautiful and less likely to benefit from make up that women today, doing great make up is in a sense just an echo of the beauty that God put in creation at the beginning. I can appreciate a beautiful woman in the same way as a great sunset or a cute dog - all evidence of the aesthetic beauty of God’s creative heart.

Dalit

Star
Check out Rachel Stephens on YouTube. Don't feel shame if you like make up. Don't feel shame if you don't like it. There's freedom in Christ.

Lisa

Superstar
You’re Welcome! :)

I used to wear make up when I was much younger, in fact I believe that I was quite vain and didn’t like to leave the house without it but I did look very pretty in make up.

After I had my daughter, I found that I became allergic to eye make up. I tried every type of eye make up, bought the most expensive make up and still couldn’t wear it. So, I was forced to go without! GASP! I joke, but it was no joke, it was pretty hard on me. Then you know what happened, I got use to seeing my face without make up and decided that I didn’t look half bad without it. Years later, I tried it again and found that I could wear make up and I chose not to. For one thing it made getting ready in the morning so much easier, and with young children, that worked out, but I became happy in my own skin. And yes, I do believe that God had a hand in it. Idk if its a sin to wear make up or not, but I think that if its a vanity issue, like for me, God might step in because He is always working on us, right?

Susu.mochi

Established
You’re Welcome! :)

I used to wear make up when I was much younger, in fact I believe that I was quite vain and didn’t like to leave the house without it but I did look very pretty in make up.

After I had my daughter, I found that I became allergic to eye make up. I tried every type of eye make up, bought the most expensive make up and still couldn’t wear it. So, I was forced to go without! GASP! I joke, but it was no joke, it was pretty hard on me. Then you know what happened, I got use to seeing my face without make up and decided that I didn’t look half bad without it. Years later, I tried it again and found that I could wear make up and I chose not to. For one thing it made getting ready in the morning so much easier, and with young children, that worked out, but I became happy in my own skin. And yes, I do believe that God had a hand in it. Idk if its a sin to wear make up or not, but I think that if its a vanity issue, like for me, God might step in because He is always working on us, right?
Yes I definetly think that if it becomes a vanity problem then that's where it turns into a sin, or when you make a idol out of it. Thank you so much :)

Lisa

Superstar
Psalms‬ ‭107:1‬ ‭
Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good, For His lovingkindness is everlasting.​
‭‭
Mark‬ ‭10:18‬ ‭
And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.”
‭‭
Sometimes I think about how God is good and I’m so thankful and full of praise that our God is good. I think because of all the evil in the world, we can overlook that God is good. What if God was evil? There wouldn’t be a hope for any of us and we would have been made just for sadistic pleasure then wouldn’t we? To be evil all the time by a god who was evil all the time...I shudder to think about that...but isn’t that what’s really going to happen in the great tribulation where lawlessness increases to a level the world has never seen before, or ever will? We will really be able to see then how lucky we are that God is good.

When I think of a good God, I think trustworthy, you can trust a good God because He is good. I praise you Lord, for you are Good and I praise you that your loving kindness is everlasting!!!

Sunshine

Established
I have a random Christian thought: do you think Jesus was a hottie?

I know, I know, it's kind of a terrible thing to wonder. But I feel comfortable enough here to express my weird self.

Having mused on the question for some time, I think that it would only be natural for Him to be not just aesthetically pleasing to the eye, but He probably had a powerful personal magnetism as well. Else why would He attract thousands of followers amongst the masses, when there were a hundred other proslytizers in the vicinity vying for people's attention? Surely He outshone them all, and held His audience with whispers instead of shouts.

Another random Christian question: do you think we get to meet our heroes when we go to Heaven? I imagine having a conversation with Einstein, and Mother Teresa, and Leonardo DaVinci and Bob Marley all at once. Mind blowing, amirite?

Another random Heavenly question: they say all dogs go to Heaven. Does that apply to cats as well? I've had some cats in my life I've loved and considered family, just as much as any dog. I don't think it could really be called Heaven if I couldn't be with them again too!

Lisa

Superstar
I have a random Christian thought: do you think Jesus was a hottie?

I know, I know, it's kind of a terrible thing to wonder. But I feel comfortable enough here to express my weird self.

Having mused on the question for some time, I think that it would only be natural for Him to be not just aesthetically pleasing to the eye, but He probably had a powerful personal magnetism as well. Else why would He attract thousands of followers amongst the masses, when there were a hundred other proslytizers in the vicinity vying for people's attention? Surely He outshone them all, and held His audience with whispers instead of shouts.

Another random Christian question: do you think we get to meet our heroes when we go to Heaven? I imagine having a conversation with Einstein, and Mother Teresa, and Leonardo DaVinci and Bob Marley all at once. Mind blowing, amirite?

Another random Heavenly question: they say all dogs go to Heaven. Does that apply to cats as well? I've had some cats in my life I've loved and considered family, just as much as any dog. I don't think it could really be called Heaven if I couldn't be with them again too!
Nope!
Isaiah‬ ‭53:2‬ ‭
For He grew up before Him like a tender shoot, And like a root out of parched ground; He has no stately form or majesty That we should look upon Him, Nor appearance that we should be attracted to Him.​

If people were saved, then I’m sure you’ll see them.

Idk about dogs or cats being there.
‭‭

Vytas

Star
they say all dogs go to Heaven. Does that apply to cats as well? I've had some cats in my life I've loved and considered family, just as much as any dog. I don't think it could really be called Heaven if I couldn't be with them again too!
Those who are saying it , aren't quoting it from Bible :) Once I read that animals has a soul but doesn't have a spirit. They are the ones who do reincarnation. I doubt it's truth, but idea is interesting. As for heaven, perhaps your heart will be filled with bigger desires. After all even after 40-50 years and many cats this one will be nothing more as dear and cute memory, you already be fine without her...