RAMADAN Join Us On this Journey

How do i say in Arabic: O Allah, please forgive me for all my sins? Or Allah please forgive me?
If possible in English transliteration.

Is it just Astaghfirullah?
And is there difference between: Astaghfirullah and ASTUGH-FER-ALLAH?
From a site: https://towardsfalah.com/duaas/arabic-phrases/

Sorry, it got me confused a bit looking for the answer.
No difference- Arabic has three vowel marks (fathah "a", kasrah "i", dammah "u") -the sound of kasrah is sometimes transcribed as "i" or "e". This is how to pronounce it:

Last edited:
My mile in your shoes.

3rd fast today. First day was difficult for me. I ended up with a migraine. But that is most likely because I didn't wake up at 2:30am for the breakfast meal before fasting began for the first day. The second day I made sure I didn't sleep until I had eaten some food and had plenty of water. I broke my fast at 9 pm both days. I slept last night though, and woke up for around 2:45 so I could be fed and watered. Today is the third day and so far so good!

I think at this point I should iterate my reasons for fasting. I wish to grow spiritually, and get closer to the supreme being who is God! I know he is one and I know all the chosen of God, from Abraham to Mohamed fasted. So I too am fasting.

During moments of thirst and hunger, I reflect upon life and my purpose and find that my thoughts are purer. I'm more focused because I cannot give in to my bodily desires due to fasting. My awareness of the supreme being, god, is peaking. This ritual of fasting is more than physical I feel. It is moreso spiritual, and I can understand why there is so much benefit in it... but this is only day 3.

I wonder, like a child embarking on an adventure with adults, what the other long 27 days will bring.
May the Creator of the heavens and the earth make it easy for you and guide you to His obedience - Submission to Him as a Muslim, ameen. The Almighty says in the Quran what means:

And who would be averse to the religion of Abraham except one who makes a fool of himself. And We had chosen him in this world, and indeed he, in the Hereafter, will be among the righteous. When his Lord said to him, "Submit", he said "I have submitted [in Islam] to the Lord of the worlds."And Abraham instructed his sons [to do the same] and [so did] Jacob, [saying], "O my sons, indeed Allah has chosen for you this religion, so do not die except while you are Muslims."Or were you witnesses when death approached Jacob, when he said to his sons, "What will you worship after me?" They said, "We will worship your God and the God of your fathers, Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac - one God. And we are Muslims [in submission] to Him." (Quran 2:130-133)
You may read more about the prophets here: https://www.whyislam.org/islam/belief-in-prophets/

Etagloc

Superstar
Wherever you are, when the sun has set, please accept some of these dates.

there's not many so I will leave another plate

please only take a few and be sure to leave some for

@yannick
@grateful servant
@DesertRose
@manama
@Kung Fu
@Haich
@yiksmes
@friend
@mecca
@vigilante71
@EpistemiX
@Light_Of_Divergence

and whoever else submits to Allah : )

If you're drinking tea, please remember not to dunk your dates in the tea. Because that would be barbaric : )

“And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allaah (i.e. this Qur’aan), and be not divided among yourselves

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:103]

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
My mile in your shoes.

3rd fast today. First day was difficult for me. I ended up with a migraine. But that is most likely because I didn't wake up at 2:30am for the breakfast meal before fasting began for the first day. The second day I made sure I didn't sleep until I had eaten some food and had plenty of water. I broke my fast at 9 pm both days. I slept last night though, and woke up for around 2:45 so I could be fed and watered. Today is the third day and so far so good!

I think at this point I should iterate my reasons for fasting. I wish to grow spiritually, and get closer to the supreme being who is God! I know he is one and I know all the chosen of God, from Abraham to Mohamed fasted. So I too am fasting.

During moments of thirst and hunger, I reflect upon life and my purpose and find that my thoughts are purer. I'm more focused because I cannot give in to my bodily desires due to fasting. My awareness of the supreme being, god, is peaking. This ritual of fasting is more than physical I feel. It is moreso spiritual, and I can understand why there is so much benefit in it... but this is only day 3.

I wonder, like a child embarking on an adventure with adults, what the other long 27 days will bring.
"

During moments of thirst and hunger, I reflect upon life and my purpose and find that my thoughts are purer. I'm more focused because I cannot give in to my bodily desires due to fasting. My awareness of the supreme being, god, is peaking. This ritual of fasting is more than physical I feel. It is moreso spiritual, and I can understand why there is so much benefit in it... but this is only day 3."
What a powerful and wonderful post, thank you!

DesertRose

Superstar

MashaAllah epistemiX May Allah make it easier for you!
I usually find the 3 days in the beginning difficult and then we get used to it.
Please try to break iftars with the community usually most mosques provide iftars. Communal prayers in the evening are also a time to feel the spiritual uplift. When embarking on any journey we take it a day at a time and minimize any hardships we may face! In the end because you focused on the process and felt the benefits you will miss this month wherein we focused on that which is most important in our lives.God willing.

I will have my first shared iftar on sunday! I am a recent convert and a sister invited me, Masha'Allah :)
MashaAllah enjoy! We look forward to your experiences this month very much!

If you're drinking tea, please remember not to dunk your dates in the tea. Because that would be barbaric : )
Peace be upon the submitters to the One God. Ameen!

May Allah bless you, your families, your time, your bodies, you hearts, and your connection with him. Ameen

We all love stories about people and Ramadan:
(Videos about first ramadans)

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Hope it worked out for you! May Allah grant you Sabr.

I will have my first shared iftar on sunday! I am a recent convert and a sister invited me, Masha'Allah :)
Inshallah and yes, it worked out well. I even got to help set up for the iftar so Inshallah there is adjur (sorry for any spelling mistakes) in that! Dont be afraid to bring any dish you may cook well also.... its always nice to have varied styles of food to breakfast with :) And congrats on your recent conversion as well!

yiksmes

Established
Wherever you are, when the sun has set, please accept some of these dates.

there's not many so I will leave another plate

please only take a few and be sure to leave some for

@yannick
@grateful servant
@DesertRose
@manama
@Kung Fu
@Haich
@yiksmes
@friend
@mecca
@vigilante71
@EpistemiX
@Light_Of_Divergence

“And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allaah (i.e. this Qur’aan), and be not divided among yourselves

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:103]
Thank you brother! =)
I actually bought a few online, got them delivered today, i want to give it to few Muslims who work here.
I tried fasting Since the 17th til today but found out Ramadan started on the 16th here, a tiny bit upset but i thought i'll try just 2 days but still fasting.... Except it's not the same because i don't know how to pray and all those rituals.. But it's the least i can do =) Maybe next year i be more learnt and have real Muqmin companions.:)

@grateful servant - Thank you very much again for your help =)

Again i want to wish everybody a happy Ramadhan, wish you strength, cleansing of your soul, be closer to Allah and have the best of Allah's rewards!:)

yiksmes

Established
My mile in your shoes.

That made me realise how many mistakes i already made.
Starting from waking up not so early, (8-9 am) i don't have any breakfast, so i just wait til Iftar since i don't know what to do, i didn't have the chance to go out, i finally got some dates and some honey chocolates (no sugar in them) i wanted maybe to go out, and give some away but the Central region is far and raining crazy for past 2 days, and i admit i'm extremely shy. If i make someone i don't know smile, i rather dig my head in the sand like an Ostrich because i don't know how to act after. (same with compliments)
So i'll try ringing my Muslim friend, maybe we can do it together. - I asked him already if we can try fast together and spend a day but maybe he's shy...
I want to do something good.. Big guilty conscience that i'm not doing anything so far...

I wish i was like you guys..

DesertRose

Superstar
So i'll try ringing my Muslim friend, maybe we can do it together. - I asked him already if we can try fast together and spend a day but maybe he's shy...
That is a key yiksmes I believe that being in a community especially if you are not married helps. The masjid will have a serious role.
I hope you consider us here as a makeshift community as well.
Suhoor the morning breakfast is essential and drinking lots of water is vital. I always find that I missed water not food and I calculate the days I have little water as the days when migraines come on.
i didn't have the chance to go out, i finally got some dates and some honey chocolates (no sugar in them) i wanted maybe to go out, and give some away but the Central region is far and raining crazy for past 2 days,
Interesting story someone two years ago used to hand many cute little boxes of incense at the mosque.
I think he began practicing Islam again at the time and was just that happy and wanted to pass gifts to other Muslims!:)
I still have these boxes and when I burn that incense I make a dua for that brother. I ask the Creator of the heavens and earth to bless his existence and duas like that for him.Ameen, I do not know him from Adam but there it is I pray for him.
If i make someone i don't know smile, i rather dig my head in the sand like an Ostrich because i don't know how to act after. (same with compliments)
Fellow introvert! :)
Lately I have been thinking about the butterfly effect.......how a small action by someone may have far reaching ramifications around the world.
How your postive action may garner a postive reaction around the world.
How we all count and are here (personally)for a reason that only Allah knows. Each of us has areas of strength we can harness this to please Allah!
May Allah make this journey easy for us all. Ameen.

I wish i was like you guys..
you are better than us because you are on a journey of discovery and when you God willing take the shahada you will surpass us because you have your sins all forgiven as a guarantee.

Last edited:

vigilante71

Established
Wow, I'm so glad that I got to know guys here.
Today is my fourth fast this Ramazan, and so far I had no difficulty. I think the purpose of this month is to teach us how to hold back from the things that are not beneficial to us, for the rest of year. If you practice keeping yourself away from food, water and other things (like sins) in Ramazan, would it not be easier for you to stay away from sins? I know it's not the only gift Ramazan has to offer, but I say this because I've felt it.
I just wanted to thank all of you for this thread and the good information you provide here. I read every post and watch every video in here, and I've learned so many things from you on this forum. I wish the best for you all :)
You guys are probably a million miles away from where I live, but somehow I feel close and you all seem like brothers and sisters to me.
And thanks for the dates, it sure looks delicious for Iftar!

DesertRose

Superstar
Wow, I'm so glad that I got to know guys here.
Today is my fourth fast this Ramazan, and so far I had no difficulty. I think the purpose of this month is to teach us how to hold back from the things that are not beneficial to us, for the rest of year. If you practice keeping yourself away from food, water and other things (like sins) in Ramazan, would it not be easier for you to stay away from sins? I know it's not the only gift Ramazan has to offer, but I say this because I've felt it.
Thank you and Barak Allah feeki for the kind words and inspiration!:)
I am glad that we can help each other contemplate ideas about our deen together on this thread.
Any revelations, feelings, tips and breakthroughs in understanding are most welcome and helpful, God willing.

An interesting explanation for those interested in the debate behind prayer beads.

https://islamqa.info/en/3009
The debate? I know of nothing. I aḿ only converted for two months. I kinda get the feeling that I´ve posted something wrong now?

I just got a set of tasbeeh when I converted, and I am really bad at counting in general so for me it works better.

Last edited:
Today I went to visit the sister I met through the internet for Iftar, Alhamdoelilah. She is of Morrocan descend.
We had a great chat, and her mom spoiled me with home baked cookies and lovely food MashaAllah. I felt so incredibly welcome, I hope I can see them again.

I told my own mom I went there too, and said I have converted after subtly dropping hints for a while. She picked it up pretty well, Alhamdoelilah. She said she had guessed my interest in Islam was more than a phase, and she said I should do what makes me happy. Good news all around.

I am working on wearing hijab, had it on yesterday. Felt good MashaAllah and now my mom knows about my conversion I feel better about wearing it. She does not like hijab, but she says she will not interfere. I think I will start wearing Ghimar as it feels most comfortable to me.

DesertRose

Superstar
The debate? I know of nothing. I aḿ only converted for two months. I kinda get the feeling that I´ve posted something wrong now?

I just got a set of tasbeeh when I converted, and I am really bad at counting in general so for me it´s a nice solution and has nothing to do with showing off.
Of course sister. There is a difference of opinion and there is flexibilty on whose opinion you wish to follow. Btw I downloaded a tasbeeh counter on my phone :)
Today I went to visit the sister I met through the internet for Iftar, Alhamdoelilah. She is of Morrocan descend.
We had a great chat, and her mom spoiled me with home baked cookies and lovely food MashaAllah. I felt so incredibly welcome, I hope I can see them again.

I told my own mom I went there too, and said I have converted after subtly dropping hints for a while. She picked it up pretty well, Alhamdoelilah. She said she had guessed my interest in Islam was more than a phase, and she said I should do what makes me happy. Good news all around.

I am working on wearing hijab, had it on yesterday. Felt good MashaAllah and now my mom knows about my conversion I feel better about wearing it. She does not like hijab, but she says she will not interfere. I think I will start wearing Ghimar as it feels most comfortable to me.
I am thrilled you had a good time at the Moroccan sister's house and I am sure they had mint tea too, right?
Your mom sounds very kind and reasonable. Alhamdullilah you have such a good connection with her!
Glad that the headscarf is comfortable too! Mashallah!