Rallies, Protests, and General Street Action thread

Nobody said to stop fighting.

The point was, to be honest with yourself, and others about the risks of resistance. Cops are already investigating people for shit that isn't even illegal. In other words, you will be targeted for merely speaking out.
All the police I know personally are against covid vaccines and do not agree with mandating them (nor did they ever).

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
I would love to get @llleopard's perspective on this. I've read in the thread that she had no choice but to resign because people were going to tear her out of office, regardless.
My take is that she never had a choice, because her controllers told her her time was up. Time to retire her character. Time to install the next political puppet to create false hope, win over the masses and then deceive the people once again. I believe Trudeau is next.

Last edited:
My take is that she never had a choice, because her controllers told her her time was up. Time to retire her character. Time to install the next political puppet to create false hope, win over the masses and then deceive the people once again. I believe Trudeau is next.
Perhaps, but the fate of the country is ultimately up to the New Zealanders. Trudeau may be next but I'm not really paying attention. My new job takes up a lot of my time and energy. However, I'm not so fatalistic in my outlook. As @DesertRose would say, they can make their plans, but they ultimately have no say in the outcome. I touched on that here if you're interested in reading:

FilthPig

Veteran
USA/WEF made a coup and installed their puppet to power in Peru and now they have been rioting for 6 weeks.
¨Hundreds of tourists were stranded at the ancient archeological site of Machu Picchu after Peru´s railway service said protesters sabotaged a portion of the tracking leading back to the capital. ¨

Politicians are on the side of the international corporations who are exploiting natives and stealing their resources.Best of luck to the natives to wiping all that corruption away and taking back their country.

llleopard

Established
I would love to get @llleopard's perspective on this. I've read in the thread that she had no choice but to resign because people were going to tear her out of office, regardless.
Nope, total baloney. Adern's popularity in the polls has gone down since covid has abated, but she was still very much the forerunner, and many people are sorry to see her go. There was no suggestion of a leadership coup, she had been preparing to retire for a month. The new prime Minister, Hipkins was the most likely replacement since the deputy pm didn't want the job. Some people are disappointed that a Maori person was not chosen, but we now have a Pasifika deputy, so that is good for diversity. That protest footage was from a particularly unpleasant and eclectic drawn out protest last year regarding vaccine mandates and has nothing to do with her resignation. She has consistently been the target of really nasty vicious trolling, and is being given increased security for the future. Personally I was not a massive Adern fan, but she has done many things incredibly well over the last 5 years.

llleopard

Established
False hope of what? Nz is in a recession and has a cost of living crisis like many other places. Neither of the main parties are offering any quick fixes at this point. Although it is an election year, so the usual promises will pop up. What do you think we could be won over to, and what kind of things would we be deceived about?

llleopard

Established
Perhaps, but the fate of the country is ultimately up to the New Zealanders. Trudeau may be next but I'm not really paying attention. My new job takes up a lot of my time and energy. However, I'm not so fatalistic in my outlook. As @DesertRose would say, they can make their plans, but they ultimately have no say in the outcome. I touched on that here if you're interested in reading:

This next election in NZ is probably going to be a mess. We have the MMP system, and many people don't understand how it works. Neither main party leader is a clear favorite, so many people will probably use their party vote on smaller parties, necessitating a coalition, and likely one where the smaller parties have a disproportionate influence. There will be so much negotiation between parties that no election promises will be intact, and everything will take forever to be actioned.

redqueen

Superstar

redqueen

Superstar

redqueen

Superstar

redqueen

Superstar

redqueen

Superstar

redqueen

Superstar