R. Kelly.

tanayahenry

Rookie
When I read about R. Kelly earlier on in the day, I just kneeew VC would write an article because honestly, something ain't right. I dunno how his actions over the years have so easily been pushed aside and overlooked (I can take a guess, though).

But anyway, rather than bring it to your attention (VC already had), I just wanna post this. It's too iffy for me. I'm not particularly sure how these interviews work at all or if you have to be coached to a degree, and I'm not even sure if this is TMZ's guys or someone R.Kelly asked to record her so they could send it in, but CLEARLY, when she gets asked, "are you with other roommates? Are you free to go from where you are?" You can literally see the shadow of someone's hands doing what I presume to be coaxing her to stop right there. Don't say nada else. Strange.

^
Around 1:38 she'll start acting a bit strange about it all, as though she can't speak on things. 1:48 is where she's asked the question above.

Last edited:

SkepticCat

Veteran
I fail to see how the R Kelly case is particularly relevant. Does it make it any more tragic or outrageous that this is happening just because it's a 'celebrity' perpetrating it? We already know he's been accused of some heinous underage-related crimes in the past and, as VC also wrote about, he's taken part in producing some disgusting videos (https://vigilantcitizen.com/musicbusiness/lady-gaga-featuring-r-kellys-leaked-video-u-want-glorifies-entertainment-industry-abuse/).

Innocent until proven guilty, but I think it's simply beside the point showing any interest in yet another celebrity hot-air outrage balloon. There are thousands, I believe even millions of children 'disappearing' every year. Does it matter much in that grander picture whether another distasteful celebrity is also taking part in this? There are other people far, far worse than him and with far greater power out there, he's a tiny fish in the pond. It matters a lot more, for instance, that Donald Trump has connections to Jeffrey Epstein and has spoken warmly of him.

Those wanting to discuss this can do so, of course, and I'll just quietly walk out of this thread now. I simply wanted to make the point that I think giving so much attention to the actions of these vile celebrities fails to recognize the severity of the situation. I'm past the point where I get surprised at all at these 'revelations'.

tanayahenry

Rookie
This is what the forums are for, no? We all speculate to a degree and throw each other's opinions back and forth, speak on the events taking place in the world. I believe sick individuals rule the world, does that mean that I should be any less outraged when something like the supposed R. Kelly debacle pops up? Kids go missing all the time, does that mean I shouldn't feel a twinge of sadness when a child from the city I'm from (or in general) goes missing or is abused? Men and women die everyday, does that mean that I should ignore it purely because there's a "grander picture"? Again, naw.

TMT

Star
He is a creep, and he does get off on dominating women. There is the possibility that he has manipulated them into something, and all you need to brainwash or have a great deal of control over someone with is just cocaine and he can afford a lot of it.

There is also the fact that some women consent to being treated like that, it's what gets them off, as hard as it may be for some to accept that.

tanayahenry

Rookie
If they think they can become the next "it" girl they would probably get into a relationship with a man 20 years their senior let alone 12.
Exactly. So a guy like R-Kelly would prey on the fact, use the teens' desperation to his advantage, just like perverts do — which is what the parents of the women he supposedly is controlling are claiming; it starts off with him promising them record deals, etc.

rainerann

Star
I have the hardest time letting go of being in abusive situations when I was a teenager and beyond. The stuff that happened when I was a little girl is a whole lot easier. Like if someone asked me if it was my fault that I was abused as I child, I would say no right away. I just don't even think that is possible, but when it comes to the stuff that happened when I was a teenager, somehow I can't let go of my sense of responsibility.

I think taking responsibility somehow indicated that I was not a child anymore, which was fused with the idea of freedom. When I was a small child, I used to imagine all the things I would be able to do if I was an adult. I used to think about whether I could run away as a child and this dream always ended the same way with me realizing that I didn't know where to go. So when I became a teenager and could visualize the way to get places and do things for myself, this somehow made me think that I could use my own willpower to become free not realizing how much I still needed to learn.

So what happened was basically that when I was little somehow told I was ugly as a generic example, and I didn't think this was my fault because I was a child. Then, when I was a teenager someone said the exact same thing and told me I was ugly, but this time it was my fault. So I conveniently forgot about childhood and pretended the present was the only reality and I couldn't tell anyone the truth because of this secret wish to self-emancipate myself because I didn't want the things that happened to me as a child to define me.

That is what I think of when I watch this girl talking. I remember being a child and I was even directly told that one day I would blame myself for the abuse, and I did blame myself for the abuse that happened when I got older, but it wasn't even because I was told this. I wasn't blaming myself because I believed this. I blamed myself because of the natural development of consciousness that seemed to trap me in an effortless way for the one who abused me.

So I guess my point is that in an odd way, the girl probably thinks she will find the freedom she is looking for in this life with R Kelly that is new and different from something else she is comparing it with. That is what would seem to motivate her to say everything up to the point where she should theoretically be able to conclude that she is also free to come and go as she pleases if everything she is saying to this point is true.

Also, I don't think people often realized how much her developing sense of responsibility is being fused with this experience in cases like this either. This is basically what she is learning to believe it means to be an adult and it is very unfortunate when people perpetuate this false impression by insinuating that she is responsible for this situation. It will become difficult for her to ever change her mind about this when it is being reinforced and it will make it difficult for her to mature as an adult for many years to come. It will always be like an anchor telling her that this is what it means to be responsible for your own actions when what it really means to be a responsible adult is to become able to protect and defend people who are put in situations like this. That is a true sign of maturity.

Aero

Superstar
I read the story about how her dad helped set her up with R. Kelly. And it all goes along with what I was saying before. About Mk Ultra parents giving up their children. And I imagine this wasn't the first time this girl was "given away". I think that the true origin of this type of behavior is fear. The parents fear. Fear of not being a good parent, and them just being afraid for their child in general.

It's that fear that drives them to place their trust in these systems and entities that only want to exploit them. Her father was probably thinking hey, my kid might actually become a Star. What a huge burden to take off the shoulders of a parent right? Having a kid that grows up to be amazing should be a good feeling. But it's not realistic, it's a system of control that has them wrapped up.

Kung Fu

Superstar
Exactly. So a guy like R-Kelly would prey on the fact, use the teens' desperation to his advantage, just like perverts do — which is what the parents of the women he supposedly is controlling are claiming; it starts off with him promising them record deals, etc.
These teenagers are adults now for crying out loud. When I was 9 a guy in a car offered me a chocolate bar, and I love chocolate bars, but I told him no thank you. This was me at 9 and so if you have 18-year-old girls who are so stupid to actually believe the nonsense that come out of R Kelly's mouth then that's their fault. We know R Kelly is a scumbag and most likely a predator but that doesn't give you the right to be stupid. I'm sick and tired of people always blaming others when sometimes we have to take some responsibility for our own actions.

We have kids in third world countries as young as 10 making decisions that people here in North America don't start making until they're closer to their 30s and some of you are here telling me that 16-19 year old girls are not making decisions that they feel will benefit them.

Haich

Superstar
R Kelly is a rampant, prolific and possessive sex addict so when I heard about his cult I wasn't surprised

I blame firstly the parents who are aligning their teens with this madman. Are they that desperate and thirsty for fame? I do think the teens lack one thing, it's the ability to think ahead and realise the consequences of their actions.

When I was a teen I cared more about instant gratification than consequence. I'd go out with my friends and one of them would bring her older boyfriend and we'd think nothing of the fact that she was 15 and he was 20. We thought it was odd but we weren't alarmed, I guess that's what's missing from these teens that were staying with him. They couldn't foresee the damage RKellys behaviour was doing

Those irresponsible parents are just after an easy pension and want to live off the back of their children's success. I'm sorry but I don't see how a sane parent would even leave their child alone to work with an adult like R Kelly whose questionable life and actions have been documented and publicised for decades

tanayahenry

Rookie
These teenagers are adults now for crying out loud. When I was 9 a guy in a car offered me a chocolate bar, and I love chocolate bars, but I told him no thank you. This was me at 9 and so if you have 18-year-old girls who are so stupid to actually believe the nonsense that come out of R Kelly's mouth then that's their fault. We know R Kelly is a scumbag and most likely a predator but that doesn't give you the right to be stupid. I'm sick and tired of people always blaming others when sometimes we have to take some responsibility for our own actions.

We have kids in third world countries as young as 10 making decisions that people here in North America don't start making until they're closer to their 30s and some of you are here telling me that 16-19 year old girls are not making decisions that they feel will benefit them.
Lol, well, I am 19, and while I know I personally wouldn't end up in a situation as such, I know girls that probably will and already have. I'm not saying 19-year-olds aren't old enough to make their own descions, but I am saying it's easy to manipulate and sell them (or ...us) dreams. Just because /you/ may act a specific way in a situation, doesn't mean all young women will follow suit. I could go into detail on some of the things I've witnessed, but I'm not gonna. I'ma you let you have your views, you have your reasons, I'm sure, but I also have mine.

Kung Fu

Superstar
Lol, well, I am 19, and while I know I personally wouldn't end up in a situation as such, I know girls that probably will and already have. I'm not saying 19-year-olds aren't old enough to make their own descions, but I am saying it's easy to manipulate and sell them (or ...us) dreams. Just because /you/ may act a specific way in a situation, doesn't mean all young women will follow suit. I could go into detail on some of the things I've witnessed, but I'm not gonna. I'ma you let you have your views, you have your reasons, I'm sure, but I also have mine.
That's their problem. If they're so gullible as to believe that some random stranger will fly you out and make you a celebrity over night than they shouldn't cry foul when they find out they were lied to. It get's even worse for these moronic girls. They're dumb enough to actually believe that they will be the next Britney Spears but when they find out not everything is as it seems they still stay in the hopes that it could still happen as long as they endure a "bit" more suffering.

Aero

Superstar
All I can say is there have been plenty of smart people who got taken for a ride by a hustler. I spend a lot of time looking at white collar crimes, and I will tell you these scenarios happen all the time. Take any person who got robbed in an insurance or investment scam, and they will keep going for the ride up until it all crumbles.

Once a person or entity has taken everything from you, you are kind of stuck with that person. They will constantly try to get back what was taken, either their life or money. Or both

tanayahenry

Rookie
Lol look at our society though. These D-List male celebrities do fly women out and make them "celebrities", or at least Instagram famous, which is what some young women aspire to be. It's not /that/ hard to sell youngins dreams based on this alone. @justjess is right; it is completely different. He reportedly has how many young women living with him and sleeping with him? Under his control? Cut off from their parents? Unable to speak on whether or not they're allowed to come and go as they please?

That's their problem. If they're so gullible as to believe that some random stranger will fly you out and make you a celebrity over night than they shouldn't cry foul when they find out they were lied to. It get's even worse for these moronic girls. They're dumb enough to actually believe that they will be the next Britney Spears but when they find out not everything is as it seems they still stay in the hopes that it could still happen as long as they endure a "bit" more suffering.

Kung Fu

Superstar
Lol look at our society though. These D-List male celebrities do fly women out and make them "celebrities", or at least Instagram famous, which is what some young women aspire to be. It's not /that/ hard to sell youngins dreams based on this alone. @justjess is right; it is completely different. He reportedly has how many young women living with him and sleeping with him? Under his control? Cut off from their parents? Unable to speak on whether or not they're allowed to come and go as they please?
Any woman can get breast implants, lip fillers, and other cosmetic surgeries in order to thrive on Instagram as a "model". It's an absolute joke.

These women can leave or are they being held against their will?