R&deism: What If We're God's Experiment?

Lisa

Superstar
What if God was one of us?
God created man in His image, in the image of God he created him.
We are created in God's image...God was not one of us..yet...

Although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.
Then, Jesus, who is God, was born a human, only....

He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf.
He wasn't a sinner, but he was sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Lady

Star
Elijah is coming for a specific purpose. That has not occurred. So no John the Baptist is not Elijah.

Anyway I knew your approach would be if it doesn't fit your narrative the Bible instantly becomes a falsehood and what not.

However you will go as far as to say that John the Baptist could possibly be Elijah ( what since does that make ?) once again the Bible is relevant to you considering it support your cause ? When in this case not by a long shot but ok. The point is that's kind of not fair.

Too flip floppy for me, but I'm fine with your stance. Just thought I'd point that out again.
@Yahda
Ha, you are right Yahda! I only half-answered the topic and am still mulling over what some commentaries discussed. It was more a discussion of what some interpretations are of Elijah's coming before the Son's coming rather than my own decided take on the passage.

Yahda

Veteran
@Yahda
Ha, you are right Yahda! I only half-answered the topic and am still mulling over what some commentaries discussed. It was more a discussion of what some interpretations are of Elijah's coming before the Son's coming rather than my own decided take on the passage.

It's not about being right or wrong. The point I was trying to make is that it would help if we stick to scripture and it's precepts vs our own interpretations.

Btw I know I can sometimes come across as.....idk ? I don't mean any harm, nor am I trying to be offensive. It's just me. However I'm working on being more conversation friendly. As always a work in progress.

Lady

Star
Oh, I agree with that. I was just pondering it over.

I have noticed that you are more pleasant to engage in conversation lately. It is noticeable. You are someone who says it like it is...from your perspective :D That is a valuable trait also!

Ready to be enlightened with any info you care to share! I know you are always learning more about the general topic of Truth.

LadyNocturna33

Established
We are Satan's "experiment."
Always such a strange contradiction to me.

God creates Satan knowing what he's going to do, then laments it and says he's the prince of all evil. But he gets God like powers anyway.

Nevermind.

manama

Star
What about the return of the prophet Elijah (Malachi 4:5) ? How is Muhammad the FINAL messenger? Not to mention God never said anything about a final message or messenger. God said he would raise up many prophets and messengers even to this day. Joel 2:28
If you believe in that, why don't you believe that there can be a prophet after Jesus p.b..u.h?

Alanantic

Star
We are Satan's "experiment."
I don't care who the principal is, I just want to know what it takes to graduate from this dumb school!
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." -- Isaiah 45:7

Lady

Star
I don't care who the principal is, I just want to know what it takes to graduate from this dumb school!
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." -- Isaiah 45:7
STEP 1:
Jeremiah 27:13
And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Last edited:

Lady

Star
@Alanantic

STEP 2:
John 3:16 (words of Christ)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

STEP 3:
Roman 10:9
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

STEP 4:
John 3:36
36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

STEP 5:
John 6:37 (words of Christ)
37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Supporting verses:
1 John 5:12-13
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

John 8:36 (words of Christ)
36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

1 John 2:23
Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Last edited:

Lady

Star
@Alanantic
Christ provided the way to the Father. There is no other way-Christ Himself says so:
John 14:6
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Vytas

Star
What if God wanted to create the best of all possible worlds but didn't know how.
Look at beauty of nature, look at flower bloom, look at beehive, look at the vastness of the ocean...look at your own DNA...Think trough how perfect everything around you is what's not man made...He wanted but didn't know how yeah right :)

Alanantic

Star
@Alanantic
Christ provided the way to the Father. There is no other way-Christ Himself says so:
John 14:6
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Can ya stop now with the Bible verses? My parrot can do that. Born there/done that. Way BEYOND that.

Lady

Star
Can ya stop now with the Bible verses? My parrot can do that. Born there/done that. Way BEYOND that.
Yes, I imagine you do not want to hear something from your past that you once believed.
Scripture is sharp and clean-there is nothing better to clear away the cobwebs or to confound the Accuser of the brethren!

Alanantic

Star
Yes, I imagine you do not want to hear something from your past that you once believed.
Scripture is sharp and clean-there is nothing better to clear away the cobwebs or to confound the Accuser of the brethren!
(Who talks like that?) Yeah! Sure do want to confound that Accuser...or whatever.